12/2014 Air Jordan 11 Retro - White/Black-Legend Blue - 378037-117 NO GM TALK ALLOWED!

That logic would eliminate craziness and violence but would do nothing to improve fairness or deal with bots.

Bots/ATC would just evolve to give one person 50-100 entries in to Nike's online raffle (even if that meant making 50-100 dummy email addresses and so on...)
But they can dump the duplicate IP addresses entires and that would help as well.

I've always wondered if Nike has employees on sites like these taking our ideas into consideration. Lol, I bet they are....
smile.gif

I hope we all cook the next 3 days with these call backs! My phone isn't leaving my sight the next few days.

I think with all the mass hysteria it may take a while but they're (companies) going to have to come up with an organized way of doing this. We all get there is money to be made and these companies have people on their teams that can come up with other ways to get the products to the customers. I understand camping out is part of the culture but as you can clearly see its not fun nor safe anymore. I just hope they come up with the solution sooner than later. Nike has the technology to take online requests for items and randomly select who will receive items until stock is depleted. Because I'm on a computer all day long issues like the sites crashing and bottle-necking intrigue me. There are ways to get around this they just have to actively follow thru.
i know there are ways to exploit this method. people will always find a way to exploit.

but each site should have an option where you log into your account for each respected site. enter your size/ sneaker request. and then they generate a code (raffle number). if youre selected, they send out payment links the entire WEEK leading up to the actual release. and let people buy in groups, instead of all at once.

also have this option open a MONTH prior to release, to cut down traffic.

i also think they should just plain stop selling these releases in stores, and have all pairs allocated online. with my method or something like it, more pairs will be available, with a larger window, depleting web traffic. and ensure the safety of people by avoiding these lines/commotion. 

And that's only because it's bad PR to have people being shot because of how you release your product. It's really screwed up how companies refuses to take responsibility and look out for it's customers until it affects them.

Yeah Nike doesn't care about anyone who dies over a pair of theur shoes until it comes on the news. #1 priority is their revenue and brand value, which only grows when people see that people are willing to risk their personal safety to secure a pair. I mean you know you've made a good product when people rob and murder one another over it but if you can minimize these negative consequences during releases, you (as a company) should ethically take the steps to do so.

Honestly, as I said before, it'll take something really tragic come Saturday before Nike changes the process.
unfortunately Nike won't change anything ppl have been getting robbed, stabbed and killed for jordans since the 90 ' s and here we are in 2014 and the same things are still happening for the SAME DAMN SHOES:smh::smh:

2009 space jams were garbage.

I wore mine once and it was a painful experience :lol:

Yeah Nike doesn't care about anyone who dies over a pair of theur shoes until it comes on the news. #1 priority is their revenue and brand value, which only grows when people see that people are willing to risk their personal safety to secure a pair. I mean you know you've made a good product when people rob and murder one another over it but if you can minimize these negative consequences during releases, you (as a company) should ethically take the steps to do so.

Is Nike supposed to care?

Do diamond and gold suppliers care? What about Rolex?

What are they supposed to do? Release 2 mil, to the point half of them go unsold and it cuts in to profits?

i know there are ways to exploit this method. people will always find a way to exploit.

but each site should have an option where you log into your account for each respected site. enter your size/ sneaker request. and then they generate a code (raffle number). if youre selected, they send out payment links the entire WEEK leading up to the actual release. and let people buy in groups, instead of all at once.

i also think they should just plain stop selling these releases in stores, and have all pairs allocated online. with my method or something like it, more pairs will be available, with a larger window, depleting web traffic. and ensure the safety of people by avoiding these lines/commotion. 
This makes alot of sense.

This would really hurt in-store sales when people end up buying socks or shirts with the shoes. Retailers would never let this happen.

I'm on board with online raffles though. It makes a ton of sense. Surprised it hasn't happened already.

unfortunately Nike won't change anything ppl have been getting robbed, stabbed and killed for jordans since the 90 ' s and here we are in 2014 and the same things are still happening for the SAME DAMN SHOES:smh::smh:

Nike can't control people robbing others for shoes they already own but Nike can control the madness on days like Saturday's in store releases. Implementing online-only raffles and stopping in store releases for XIs would solve a lot of problems. However, it would hurt brick & mortar shop sales and mom and pop stores would be completely screwed.

Nike can't control people robbing others for shoes they already own but Nike can control the madness on days like Saturday's in store releases. Implementing online-only raffles and stopping in store releases for XIs would solve a lot of problems. However, it would hurt brick & mortar shop sales and mom and pop stores would be completely screwed.

That's not Nike

That's Finishline, Footlocker....

That's also the malls they're in. They should make these stores come up with other ways to decrease security and police presence.

They could do one per account and billing address.
True. Or they could cap the number of shoes to mail to the house. For instance I use to work at the Polo Outlet. When there was a layover people would be bused from Dulles Airport to the outlet mall. They would buy suitcases and literally deplete the rounder of Mens polo shirts. This went on for about a year. Our manager called corporate and that next year it was a wrap. You were limited to 3 shirts of the same color in the same size. They were literally buying the entire stack. Lots of customers were pissed but it made sure there was still stock left for others to purchase.

That logic would eliminate craziness and violence but would do nothing to improve fairness or deal with bots.

Bots/ATC would just evolve to give one person 50-100 entries in to Nike's online raffle (even if that meant making 50-100 dummy email addresses and so on...)
If the online raffles were based on billing addresses, how you you fake those? Ticketmaster does this all the time with ticket sales. They will even cancel orders on different people/cards from the same billing address.

Back
Top Bottom