130,000 Illinois College Students denied ...

chi ill

Banned
... Financial Aid .

eek.gif

http://www.suntimes.com/news/education/1692503,CST-NWS-NOAID30.article

A lot of mad people ...

but its their fault for applying late, you have to watch out for those deadlines

They were denied because they applied for state aid after May 15, a cutoff months earlier than in years past, thanks to Springfield's budget woes.
if they applied after that date thats on them. i would have no sympathy, unfortunately.

procrastination FTL

Originally Posted by doosta45

They were denied because they applied for state aid after May 15, a cutoff months earlier than in years past, thanks to Springfield's budget woes.
if they applied after that date thats on them. i would have no sympathy, unfortunately.

procrastination FTL
That isn't normally the cutoff date though .

They switched it up on them .

What's more, under the state budget compromise reached earlier this month, which slashed funding for the state's Monetary Award Program in half, no student at any Illinois school will receive aid for the second half of the 2009-2010 school year.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

This is going to be a HUGE story nationally. Not only did they change the date so they could create an excuse for less people to get aid...but they'recutting off all financial aid for Spring 2010?

If they don't get this fixed, a lot of people are going to try to transfer in the spring, or just sit out a semester and transfer for Fall 2010. That'sridiculous.

State schools have financial aid deadlines? Usually its first come, first serve. Anyway, this isn't a good look for the state of Illinois. There will be adrop in enrollment at state college across Illinois come Spring 10, guaranteed.

procrastination FTL
indifferent.gif

this affects public schools correct? I go to Northwestern and am very happy with my aid for this upcoming year. There's no way they changed the deadline aday in advance. People should be on top of this. In the end, you are asking for money from others so you can further yourself. If it's that important, knowthe deadlines.

procrastination FTL

I do mine january 1st and just modify throughout the year. Either way I doubt that many student procrastinated through.

Im going to school here free in MN. IM getting tons of money back too.

scholarships and Financial aid FTW.

Good ol' Virginia financial aid. Applied a month late and still got a package that covered all my tuition and room/board. 3/4 in grants, rest are pettyloans.

pimp.gif

College is unaffordable around the country and it's getting worse. NO politicians are doing anything about it. Looks like more government loans for therest of us.

I LOVE/HATE the state of micihgan, in terms of this thread i love it but in terms of everything else I hate it

this is scary if these students applied before the deadline.

i'd be so @$#%!% without state grants and scholarships

Back
Top Bottom