#14 Oregon at #16 Boise St. BLOUNT'S COLLEGE CAREER = OVER - It's LaMichael James' show now

I don't think you can definitively say what would have happened had Bryant not gotten injured. It definitely made a difference, but you can't ignorehow physically dominant Oregon was running the ball in the 2nd half. You could argue that when Bryant got injured that swung the momentum, but I think it wasinevitable that UO would eventually start controlling the ground. They were already moving the ball in the first half but but had a few mistakes here and therethat cost them some points.

Basically, you can't flat out argue that Ok. St. would have won had Bryant not gotten injured while completely ignoring how dominant Oregon was in the 2ndhalf. When you physically impose your will on someone to that extent, that reveals a serious weakness in a team that would have been uncovered eventually nomatter the circumstances.

It ain't even as much about Dez Bryant's injury to me as it is Kendall Hunter running on a gimp leg...

Oklahoma State runs a severe run-heavy spread... Then against Oregon, they swing pretty heavy the other way? Robinson hadn't thrown more than 29times all year last year before that game, and he's back there chuckin 50 passes all over the field? Kendall Hunter's injury took them entirely awayfrom what they did best. They aren't gonna win many games if Robinson is throwing that many balls, especially if Dez goes out with an injury...

pimp.gif

I'm taking Oregon.

Are they really breaking out the carbon fiber helmet for the first game?

And getting back on topic...

That carbon fiber helmet is so gad damn sick...
pimp.gif

The striping with the lettering down the middle kinda sucks, but the helmet itself is BAD...

Originally Posted by 541 Exile 562

I don't think you can definitively say what would have happened had Bryant not gotten injured. It definitely made a difference, but you can't ignore how physically dominant Oregon was running the ball in the 2nd half. You could argue that when Bryant got injured that swung the momentum, but I think it was inevitable that UO would eventually start controlling the ground. They were already moving the ball in the first half but but had a few mistakes here and there that cost them some points.

Basically, you can't flat out argue that Ok. St. would have won had Bryant not gotten injured while completely ignoring how dominant Oregon was in the 2nd half. When you physically impose your will on someone to that extent, that reveals a serious weakness in a team that would have been uncovered eventually no matter the circumstances.

I'm stunned by the stupidness of this post. And I really shouldn't be, because you've made a lot like this. Truly. I'm amazed everysingle day that you post and nobody calls you out. That huge college football thread that says no homers, it's talking about you. Everytime I call outfans from Oregon being the most clueless in all the land, I'm talking about you.

Every single God damn post you make is how wonderful the Oregon freaking Ducks are and how they are just unlucky and one step away from greatness. @#$% that. You were getting your @#$%$ kicked until Bryant went out. At that point, O St let down. Plain and simple. It's disheartening when a star goes down, andthat is what happened to them. So in the end, yes, the Ducks got the mo on their side, and pounded away, as they should have. They got the win, they get apat on the back, but no, you can't live with that, you have to sit here and lie to a bunch of people who know you're full of crap, but you still do itanyways. Where you get this arrogance, is beyond me. You ain't rootin for USC, or Florida or some team like that, you root for the Ducks. And you givetheir fans a bad name. I'm dead serious. For all the good some guys on this board try to do to change my opinion of your fan base, you bring me rightback to my original opinion, Duck/Beaver/Blazer fans are thee most clueless bunch of nobodies in the entire country. Again, dead serious. I'm not evenjoking. You should sit in a corner for a good 15 minutes, and think about the garbage you type. NT will be a much better place when you get banned just forbein a homer. I'll paypal any mod that makes that happen. They can name their price.

smh.gif

This is going to be a tough game for Oregon. I'm not as worried about the offense as I am about the defense, it seemed like there were really two differentsquads that would show up at different times.

Both teams lost about half their starters, Boise only returning 11 and I think Oregon is only returning 12. Unlike last year though, Boise will have to dealwith Masoli, assuming he doesn't get hurt again.

That being said I'm taking Oregon by 7 but I definitely see this being a shootout

Wow . . All I said was that while Bryant's injury was significant, Oregon was so dominant in the 2nd half that it's irrational to think it would havebeen an automatic W for OSU had Bryant not gotten injured. Nothing about my post was out of line on any level. This is how crazy you look : I wasn't evenarguing that Oregon would have won regardless of Bryant's status, I was simply arguing against the opinion thatvictory for OSU was certain had Bryant gotten injured.

Oklahoma St. never led by more than 10 points(they weren't "killing" Oregon, as you claim), but suddenly I'm an out of control freak becauseI think my team, the one that won by 11 points, would have had a legit chance to win regardless of Bryant's health? Seriously?

CP watch out, 24 straight hours of all Ducks on the sports station...
smh.gif
They aregoing to cut out the only show worth listening to on the station, that being Jim Rome
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

I don't think you can definitively say what would have happened had Bryant not gotten injured. It definitely made a difference, but you can't ignore how physically dominant Oregon was running the ball in the 2nd half. You could argue that when Bryant got injured that swung the momentum, but I think it was inevitable that UO would eventually start controlling the ground. They were already moving the ball in the first half but but had a few mistakes here and there that cost them some points.

Basically, you can't flat out argue that Ok. St. would have won had Bryant not gotten injured while completely ignoring how dominant Oregon was in the 2nd half. When you physically impose your will on someone to that extent, that reveals a serious weakness in a team that would have been uncovered eventually no matter the circumstances.

I'm stunned by the stupidness of this post. And I really shouldn't be, because you've made a lot like this. Truly. I'm amazed every single day that you post and nobody calls you out. That huge college football thread that says no homers, it's talking about you. Everytime I call out fans from Oregon being the most clueless in all the land, I'm talking about you.

Every single God damn post you make is how wonderful the Oregon freaking Ducks are and how they are just unlucky and one step away from greatness. @#$% that. You were getting your @#$%$ kicked until Bryant went out. At that point, O St let down. Plain and simple. It's disheartening when a star goes down, and that is what happened to them. So in the end, yes, the Ducks got the mo on their side, and pounded away, as they should have. They got the win, they get a pat on the back, but no, you can't live with that, you have to sit here and lie to a bunch of people who know you're full of crap, but you still do it anyways. Where you get this arrogance, is beyond me. You ain't rootin for USC, or Florida or some team like that, you root for the Ducks. And you give their fans a bad name. I'm dead serious. For all the good some guys on this board try to do to change my opinion of your fan base, you bring me right back to my original opinion, Duck/Beaver/Blazer fans are thee most clueless bunch of nobodies in the entire country. Again, dead serious. I'm not even joking. You should sit in a corner for a good 15 minutes, and think about the garbage you type. NT will be a much better place when you get banned just for bein a homer. I'll paypal any mod that makes that happen. They can name their price.

smh.gif
jesus christ cp you are by far the most annoying person in the sports forum. You're like the girl who had a rough childhood and has to bringit up every single time anybody has anything to say about anything. If people talk up their school where you live,WHO CARES. If you hate it, then lock that shiit deep down inside.

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Originally Posted by CP1708

I'm stunned by the stupidness of this post. And I really shouldn't be, because you've made a lot like this. Truly. I'm amazed every single day that you post and nobody calls you out. That huge college football thread that says no homers, it's talking about you. Everytime I call out fans from Oregon being the most clueless in all the land, I'm talking about you.

Every single God damn post you make is how wonderful the Oregon freaking Ducks are and how they are just unlucky and one step away from greatness. @#$% that. You were getting your @#$%$ kicked until Bryant went out. At that point, O St let down. Plain and simple. It's disheartening when a star goes down, and that is what happened to them. So in the end, yes, the Ducks got the mo on their side, and pounded away, as they should have. They got the win, they get a pat on the back, but no, you can't live with that, you have to sit here and lie to a bunch of people who know you're full of crap, but you still do it anyways. Where you get this arrogance, is beyond me. You ain't rootin for USC, or Florida or some team like that, you root for the Ducks. And you give their fans a bad name. I'm dead serious. For all the good some guys on this board try to do to change my opinion of your fan base, you bring me right back to my original opinion, Duck/Beaver/Blazer fans are thee most clueless bunch of nobodies in the entire country. Again, dead serious. I'm not even joking. You should sit in a corner for a good 15 minutes, and think about the garbage you type. NT will be a much better place when you get banned just for bein a homer. I'll paypal any mod that makes that happen. They can name their price.

smh.gif
jesus christ cp you are by far the most annoying person in the sports forum. You're like the girl who had a rough childhood and has to bring it up every single time anybody has anything to say about anything. If people talk up their school where you live, WHO CARES. If you hate it, then lock that shiit deep down inside.

i laughed out loud at the last response haha

Seriously, anyone who responds to a post as mundane and non-controversial as mine with that level of pure anger andhate has serious issues.

Me : Hey, I don't think that would have been an automatic win, it could have gone either way.

Him : You are the worst possible human being alive and I am absolutely stunned that you feel you even have the right to express such an opinion.

Like . . . really? This is acceptable behavior?

Back
Top Bottom