** 15 of the MOST BIZARRE Animal MATING RITUALS!! **

#1. Cichlid Fish

fish.jpg

These have to be the frat boy heroes of the animal kingdom, with a mating ritual seemingly designed purely to get high fives from its bros.

After laying her eggs, the female cichlid picks them up and carries them around in her mouth. Some males thus have spots on their lower body that resemble the eggs. They swim by the females, who see the fake eggs and, thinking they have dropped some, try to suck them in.

The male then blows his load in her face and open mouth, presumably while his friends film the whole thing and post it on the internet.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

As the world around them warms up, the mass of snakes leave their den and get to thinking of doing the deed. When a female joins the crowd, up to 100 males will jump her then and form a mating ball, which is exactly what it sounds like.

The snakes coil around one another in an attempt to be the one lucky dude who gets to taste forbidden snake fruit, while the rest dry hump the hell out of each other until they can never look each other in the eye again.

Note that some males will actually take advantage of this situation by releasing female pheromones. We'll leave it at that.

AYO!!1!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I read the first response and was like **# does that have to do with thetopic..

eek.gif
and
roll.gif
@ #1 though.

I was so certain I'd see an emu in here, but I guess the call is funny, and not so much the mating

Back
Top Bottom