16 year old girl lost at sea

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

shes alive and well. I hope the lesson is learned.. Instead she'll be on GMA, TODAY, and all those other shows providing shocking inspirational words.. Don't test fate too often, if at all.

A celebrity at failing.. But I guess the attempt is what counts?

Stay in school kids.

every place im reading is staying, " shes so brave. she has grit. she has guts to take chances? she has more determination than I do, as a 70 old woman"

Im telling you, if she wasnt a blonde white girl, everyone would be saying , "what is she?? ******ed?"
People would prolly forget she was at sea
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But yes, she has more grit and guts than most of us, stop hatin'

I am guessing I could gauge the ambition of the people who posted inhere by how negative their feelings are towards this girl. Sickening.

In addition, I am guessing I could also gauge how +#%+$$ of parents you would be and how unsupportive your parents are/were.
Kiddin Like Jason likes this.

This girl is not saving anyone's life I don't consider her any type of hero or brave and I think she sets a bad example.  She is on a 40 foot boat I personally take that as a spit in the face to the previous person that accomplished it in a lesser boat.  It probably meant a lot more to the previous record holder she probably just looks at it as her brother doing it, so I want to also.  If she discovered some kind of new species or learned something nobody else knew or even confirmed a previous theory I would give her a ton of a lot more credit.  But in essence, she is vacationing around the world, chilling in a big %!+ boat with a lot of technology to keep her occupied.  I don't really think these people should be talked about so highly you are just making themselves feel better about making a really bad decision to not just stay in school or spend that time doing something that benefits someone, ANYONE!

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Im telling you, if she wasnt a blonde white girl, everyone would be saying , "what is she?? ******ed?"
People would prolly forget she was at sea
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Manglor

If she tries
again i'll give her props.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]THIS. [/color]
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

She stupid if she tries it again though.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

http://www.hulu.com/watch...d-Information#s-p1-so-i0

^ 20/20 special on these young kids going sailing across the world and the parents that allow it
Was watching this with the wife the other day and couldn't believe these ppl would let their kids do that.  I dont let my 16 y/o go to the mall by herself let alone on a boat across the ocean.

Stupid kids and even stupider parents.

Originally Posted by kc24688

This girl is not saving anyone's life I don't consider her any type of hero or brave and I think she sets a bad example.  She is on a 40 foot boat I personally take that as a spit in the face to the previous person that accomplished it in a lesser boat.  It probably meant a lot more to the previous record holder she probably just looks at it as her brother doing it, so I want to also.  If she discovered some kind of new species or learned something nobody else knew or even confirmed a previous theory I would give her a ton of a lot more credit.  But in essence, she is vacationing around the world, chilling in a big %!+ boat with a lot of technology to keep her occupied.  I don't really think these people should be talked about so highly you are just making themselves feel better about making a really bad decision to not just stay in school or spend that time doing something that benefits someone, ANYONE!
You are absolutely right.  She didn't discover a new type of bird or find a vaccine, no accomplishment for her! 

clearly people know exactly what she's thinking. everyone on NT is a certified mind reader n ##+

Well I used the word probably so some fool like you wouldn't try and comment in that way but ok we will disagree. I find it to be too much of a coincidence that someone would go on such an outstanding journey when their brother has already I would assume him accomplishing that feat had a little to do with her decision to try it but ok we can disagree though you act like you know its not true so who are you to comment. All I will say to those who agree with this journey is that I would completely regret letting my 16 year old daughter go if she died and I would feel pretty confident that if my daughter had fallen into the ocean and was staring death in the face she would be thinking this adventure was not worth it.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

clearly people know exactly what she's thinking. everyone on NT is a certified mind reader n ##+
Also, the person that did it before her did it using only saltine crackers and Sunny D she obviously knew this she set out with a thing of Wheat Thins, Hi-C and one of those peg games that are on the tables of Cracker Barrels which is like spitting in the face of her brother stay in school and learn something useful to help people live longer and be happier and people should shun her for being stupid and not properly using run-on sentences. 

It is funny the way you people disagree. You provide no arguments just lame jokes. Seriously she is in a 40 foot boat I am not impressed at all.  If you think she is so cool go buy her vans.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

I am guessing I could gauge the ambition of the people who posted in here by how negative their feelings are towards this girl. Sickening.

In addition, I am guessing I could also gauge how +#%+$$ of parents you would be and how unsupportive your parents are/were.
This.

You are absolutely right.  She didn't discover a new type of bird or find a vaccine, no accomplishment for her! 
Apparently she been chillin on a yacht, with 50 inch plasma TV, PS3 and XBOX

I am guessing I could gauge the ambition of the people who posted in here by how negative their feelings are towards this girl. Sickening.

Where is the line drawn with support and good parenting?

What's sickening is parents these days letting so many things fly in the no fly zone. For what reason would a minor have to do this?

Well she was found OK so she is no longer lost. Now you can change the thread title to a parenting debate or something.

Back
Top Bottom