17-18 Timberwolves Thread Vol. We back

Hey all suffering fans. Heres to a new season.

Minnesota Timberwolves Roster
TEAM ROSTER
NO. NAME POS AGE HT WT COLLEGE 2017-2018 SALARY
45 Cole Aldrich C 28 6-11 253 Kansas $7,300,000
8 Nemanja Bjelica PF 29 6-10 230 $3,949,999
30 Aaron Brooks PG 32 6-0 161 Oregon $1,471,382
3 Anthony Brown SF 25 6-7 224 Stanford
23 Jimmy Butler SF 28 6-8 236 Marquette $19,301,070
11 Jamal Crawford SG 37 6-5 185 Michigan $4,328,000
5 Gorgui Dieng C 27 6-11 251 Louisville $14,112,360
13 Marcus Georges-Hunt SG 23 6-5 226 Georgia Tech $1,312,611
67 Taj Gibson PF 32 6-9 235 USC $14,000,000
10 Amile Jefferson PF 24 6-9 222 Duke $815,615
1 Tyus Jones PG 21 6-2 184 Duke $1,471,382
15 Shabazz Muhammad SF 24 6-6 221 UCLA $1,577,230
24 Justin Patton C 20 7-0 236 Creighton $2,247,480
0 Jeff Teague PG 29 6-2 189 Wake Forest $19,000,000
32 Karl-Anthony Towns C 21 7-0 248 Kentucky $6,216,840
7 Melo Trimble PG 22 6-3 202 Maryland $815,615
22 Andrew Wiggins SG 22 6-8 202 Kansas $7,574,323
98 Shawne Williams SF 31 6-9 230 Memphis

Oct Schedule

OCTOBER OPPONENT TIME (ET) TV TICKETS
Wed, Oct 18
9:30 PM
networkLogo_espn.gif
1,262 available from $14
Fri, Oct 20
8:00 PM 304 available from $33
Sun, Oct 22
7:00 PM 548 available from $24
Tue, Oct 24
8:00 PM 422 available from $14
Wed, Oct 25
7:00 PM 2,193 available from $12
Fri, Oct 27
8:00 PM NBATV 324 available from $39
Mon, Oct 30
7:30 PM 3,935 available from $7

Welp...there goes the perfect season.

Not a bad loss though for the first game of the season. Just get better from here.

Death, taxes, losing to the Spurs.

Not too worried. We're tied with GS it could be worse.

Teague wasn't having a great game and fell asleep on defense a few possessions but iono if I agree with straight up benching him the whole 4th.

Looks like they could struggle on the boards all year if it's a microcosm, Taj with just 4 and KAT primarily led the way all by himself there.

Missed most of the game but caught the final few minutes.. Wiggins did his thing :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Gonna take some time for everyone to get comfortable and mesh. But 2-1 let's get it :pimp:

Man, what a game. This was a game we lose last year! Really glad to see Teague and gibson step up.

Couple of observations from tonights win in Miami.

I cannot watch Dieng play basketball. I for the life of me cannot be calm when he has the ball.

Towns is still a large minus on the Defensive end. He is obviously our best rebounder, but rarely actually blocks out. Rotationally, and scheme wise he is non-existent.

Wiggins is a better player than last year, much better.

As we reach 20 games in, this team is looking underwhelming in a lot of areas.

Its tough for me to place blame entirely on thibs, but how in the hell is this team still so subpar defensively?

Towns has regressed on the defensive end. Ranking behind David West in RPM.

Wiggins imo has drastically improved his offensive game, and has become an above average ball handler over the summer. Despite this, his passes are so few and far between that they stand out. How this guy still hasn't implemented passing into his game is beyond me. His defense has improved, if only marginally.

Teague has been an upgrade over rubio, but when accounting for salary, I almost wonder if the move is worth it in hindsight.

And lastly, please someone take Dieng off this team, I cannot watch this guy continue to play basketball. turnover prone, softer that soft, and terribly slow, even for a 6'10 guy.

2 months late and we look like a different team. We need another wing that can defend but overall looking like a top 5 team right now. Largely due to the young guys buying in on defense.

Thought for sure we were a 4-5 seed and the fact we’ve been that all season is nice. Nice to see this thread back.

Halfway through the season and you can already see Jimmy/Taj rubbing off on the young bucks. They actually look like they care defensively now :lol:

Everybody rotating defensively and sprinting to close out :pimp: this past 5 game homestand was amazing..couldn't of asked for a better outcome.

Some takeaways heading into tonights game.

Regardless of outcome tonight, I am proud of several things from our young guys. After a game 1 that looked like we might have to rebuild again :lol: I am happy to see a few things....

Wiggins: Overall aggressive, and consistent on Defense, I don't remember seeing him this engaged on the defensive end for 4 straight games. Harden is a tough ask of anybody let alone an average defender. He has impressed me on both sides of the ball since his egregious game 1.

Towns: After two rough games (Terrible actually) On both sides of the floor, Towns has found a way to affect the game without scoring, something that a young elite player like him needed to learn eventually. We shall see tonight how he approaches what should be a very tough game on the road.

Rest of team: Butler, Teague, Gibson and Rose all have contributed to expectations. The Rockets are a better team, no debating that. But effort, and leadership have been consistent even when shots have not been. Special shout out to Rose who has put us in a tough spot for what to do next year with 3 competent pgs.

Offseason: SHOOTING, we drafted Wes Johnson for it, we apparently didn't need Wayne Ellington for some reason. But we seriously need a consistent shooter on this team. Dieng or Thibs needs to go, if any of you read any of my posts, you know which I recommend. We also need a physical wing to pick up the other teams scorers. If we draft someone shorter than 6'5 I will kill someone!

I like the Taj addition and Butler personally it’s thibs that needs to go imo. Even in hindsight I like the swap of Rubio for a 1st rounder and Teague.

Thibs plays boring basketball, point blank.

Thibs wasn't what I thought.

And I hated the fact they traded LaVine instead of Wiggins. LaVine is a stud. An aggressive one, at that. And I also didn't why they prefer Teague over Rubio. Rubio on a team of Butler, KAT and LaVine would have been lights out. Oh well though.

Hoping they pull something out tonight. Keep believin'!

I think he can make more accepting a deal next year. Something like 5/180

Either way I think he's gone.

I got no problem with Jimmy leaving. I thought they could be in place next off season to sign someone if Wigs, Zach, and KAT made that leap now we could be w/o Thibs next season, which please i do hope so I'm tired of the old school hard *** coach and this crap offense, and all of his former Bulls players with deals and maybe they can be traded for something.

I still wish this team goes forward with KAT and Wigs. It looks like the new picks are good so hopefully they can get their time.

I want all the former Bulls gone from this team. I think Jimmy will either take the bag from one of the NY teams or be lured to the Lakers if Kawahi goes to the Clippers.

Wolves need to trade Butler before he walks. We win a few extra games last year because of him, but he’s not the future of the franchise. Worst case - get a few draft picks for him. Don’t need him messing up the chemistry.

Back
Top Bottom