19 teens rob DC store and make away w. over $20,000 worth of denim....

They never heard of "Keep your circle small" though?

EDIT: I never seen anybody other than these frail lookin European prettyboys rock g-star, same dudes that mess with capris

They never heard of "Keep your circle small" though?

EDIT: I never seen anybody other than these frail lookin European prettyboys rock g-star, same dudes that mess with capris

Originally Posted by Method Man

Keep the bigotry to yourselves.

I didn't see anyone attempting to stereotype White women in response to Lindsay Lohan's recent theft.

there is no stereotype that rich white women steal tho...
what the teens in the video have done however is add to a existing stereotype that blacks are thieves.

Keep the bigotry to yourselves.

I didn't see anyone attempting to stereotype White women in response to Lindsay Lohan's recent theft.

what the teens in the video have done however is add to a existing stereotype that blacks are thieves.

prolly the best way to go about stealin. always wanted to do that but i know better. i would have covered my face.
i bought or have a pair of Gstar jean i got from karmaloop during one of those huge sales...wore them once. not my steez.

prolly the best way to go about stealin. always wanted to do that but i know better. i would have covered my face.
i bought or have a pair of Gstar jean i got from karmaloop during one of those huge sales...wore them once. not my steez.

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

this is y i cant even go in high end spots w/o gettin the stink eye
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
damn shame
That's why when I go in store the first thing I do is go to the workers and try to converse with them.

I don't even look like the "typical black kid" but that feeling of knowing that they're thinking "what are you going to steal" is
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

this is y i cant even go in high end spots w/o gettin the stink eye
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
damn shame
That's why when I go in store the first thing I do is go to the workers and try to converse with them.

I don't even look like the "typical black kid" but that feeling of knowing that they're thinking "what are you going to steal" is
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by YoungJ14

whoever says this takes guts is a bits...this is the power of the people...not to mention the only person that confronted them was that bits bum store manager.....and it looks like he still got his job

Power of the people aye?
They bumrushed G-star with their faces shown ...

ESP the Lookout 
laugh.gif

Broad daylight robbery takes guts ..

FOH boy

Originally Posted by YoungJ14

whoever says this takes guts is a bits...this is the power of the people...not to mention the only person that confronted them was that bits bum store manager.....and it looks like he still got his job

Power of the people aye?
They bumrushed G-star with their faces shown ...

ESP the Lookout 
laugh.gif

Broad daylight robbery takes guts ..

FOH boy

19 people tho? They're bound to get caught. That's too many people and that raises the chance of just 1 idiot bragging to the wrong person

19 people tho? They're bound to get caught. That's too many people and that raises the chance of just 1 idiot bragging to the wrong person

I can see this being a regular thing in the District this summer.
30t6p3b.gif

Youngins out there not giving a ##%% anymore...........

I can see this being a regular thing in the District this summer.
30t6p3b.gif

Youngins out there not giving a ##%% anymore...........

Winona Ryder, Britney Spears, Farrah Fawcett, Jennifer Capriati, Caroline Giuliani, Courtney Love, Angelina Pivarnick, Megan Fox....

There's no point in rationalizing this.  People CHOOSE to view race as salient in constructing these stereotypes.  If UCR data included eye color, you might find that a particular shade is correlated with a disproportionate number of robberies.  Would you be saying, then, that brown eyed people can't be trusted in department stores?  

Racists are suspicious of people of color because they're racist - not because they're pragmatists playing the percentages.  If that were the case, White people would face additional scrutiny when attempting to become schoolteachers, since a disproportionate number of convicted pedophiles are White.  People choose not to interpret the data in that way.  

Every time one of these teacher sex scandals crops up, do you see people replying, "see, now that's why I'd never trust my children around a White person"? 

Winona Ryder, Britney Spears, Farrah Fawcett, Jennifer Capriati, Caroline Giuliani, Courtney Love, Angelina Pivarnick, Megan Fox....

There's no point in rationalizing this.  People CHOOSE to view race as salient in constructing these stereotypes.  If UCR data included eye color, you might find that a particular shade is correlated with a disproportionate number of robberies.  Would you be saying, then, that brown eyed people can't be trusted in department stores?  

Racists are suspicious of people of color because they're racist - not because they're pragmatists playing the percentages.  If that were the case, White people would face additional scrutiny when attempting to become schoolteachers, since a disproportionate number of convicted pedophiles are White.  People choose not to interpret the data in that way.  

Every time one of these teacher sex scandals crops up, do you see people replying, "see, now that's why I'd never trust my children around a White person"? 

lohan is contributing to the "ungrateful hollywood money-doing the stupidest thing possible someone in their position could do" stereotype.  Charlie Sheen, Michael Vick, Mike Leake (smh @ 60 dollar shirts from macy's)

as stated above, there is not stereotype, nor do i think lindsey or winona ryder or whomever other white chick celeb will start a "white women shoplifting" stereotype...Just not about that life
laugh.gif

oh, and we had some kids doing that up in Haight st. a few years back... came into kid robot with like a bat, calmly closed the door, and took care of business....3 in the afternoon status.
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif

EDIT:  meth looks like we typed that at the same time, word to all them other trashy white chicks (noflame im white plz)
laugh.gif

I WILL say that your theory of stereotypes being racist as opposed to fact based, is a little far fetched.  there are a LOT of contributing factors, but I think we can all safely assert that facts will probably back up many stereotypes, racial or otherwise.  I think most people outside of the U.S. understand that principle well, and i think we have yet to come to terms with it. 

Is it uncomfortable to have unspoken feelings about certain folks for certain reasons...absolutely, but for the most part IMHO most stereotypes, be them negative, are fairly accurate.

lohan is contributing to the "ungrateful hollywood money-doing the stupidest thing possible someone in their position could do" stereotype.  Charlie Sheen, Michael Vick, Mike Leake (smh @ 60 dollar shirts from macy's)

as stated above, there is not stereotype, nor do i think lindsey or winona ryder or whomever other white chick celeb will start a "white women shoplifting" stereotype...Just not about that life
laugh.gif

oh, and we had some kids doing that up in Haight st. a few years back... came into kid robot with like a bat, calmly closed the door, and took care of business....3 in the afternoon status.
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif

EDIT:  meth looks like we typed that at the same time, word to all them other trashy white chicks (noflame im white plz)
laugh.gif

I WILL say that your theory of stereotypes being racist as opposed to fact based, is a little far fetched.  there are a LOT of contributing factors, but I think we can all safely assert that facts will probably back up many stereotypes, racial or otherwise.  I think most people outside of the U.S. understand that principle well, and i think we have yet to come to terms with it. 

Is it uncomfortable to have unspoken feelings about certain folks for certain reasons...absolutely, but for the most part IMHO most stereotypes, be them negative, are fairly accurate.

Originally Posted by KayGeeDaGr8

As a DC officer those saying its gonna be a hot summer I believe this is true on maany levels. 2D where this occured is known for having lax officers all around because they rarely encounter crimes but this will all change when dupont circle comes back to my district see if kids wanna steal now ahahhahahaha

Why do you think it will be a hot summer? Because every summer is more crime heavy vs. every other point of the year?

Originally Posted by KayGeeDaGr8

As a DC officer those saying its gonna be a hot summer I believe this is true on maany levels. 2D where this occured is known for having lax officers all around because they rarely encounter crimes but this will all change when dupont circle comes back to my district see if kids wanna steal now ahahhahahaha

Why do you think it will be a hot summer? Because every summer is more crime heavy vs. every other point of the year?

Well, when those teacher sex scandal threads pop up, it's usually "why couldn't that be me" type responses since this board is predominately males in their teens to early adulthood with no children. 

Well, when those teacher sex scandal threads pop up, it's usually "why couldn't that be me" type responses since this board is predominately males in their teens to early adulthood with no children. 

Back
Top Bottom