19 Year Old college athlete killed by Arlington Police Officer

I'm seeing people hashtag this kid on Twitter

Am I missing something here?

Showroom was broken into

Cops get there and this dude is chillin in there at 1 AM

Altercation ensues and he's shot

That's my understanding, where is the police brutality (not trying to be condescending)?

Everyone should get their day in court and even if he did break in it shouldn't be a death sentence but I mean he wasn't just innocently chilling at home, he put himself in a crazy position

Last edited:
I'm usually skeptical of stuff like this, but I'm going to give the police the benefit of the doubt in this case. I don't know if it was drunk driving, a mental health crisis, or whatever... But people don't just drive into buildings when they are in a clear state of mind.

An altercation occuring where the officer felt like force was necessary is definitely a plausible scenario. Just a sad case all around, especially if it turns out he was having a mental health incident.

Last edited:
I'm seeing people hashtag this kid on Twitter

Am I missing something here?

Showroom was broken into

Cops get there and this dude is chillin in there at 1 AM

Altercation ensues and he's shot

That's my understanding, where is the police brutality (not trying to be condescending)?

Everyone should get their day in court and even if he did break in it shouldn't be a death sentence but I mean he wasn't just innocently chilling at home, he put himself in a crazy position

Glad someone gets it

First thing tall think now is officers shooting innocent people now for fun :smh:

19 year old college athlete killed by cop. get this bull **** outta here. Why not 19 year old robber killed by cop?

I wasnt gonna make a thread but there was a 19 yr old kid shot in the back and killed by a cop for simple possession i think and his parents are kinda mad cuz its not getting any attention.

Last edited:
I wasnt gonna make a thread but there was a 19 yr old kid shot in the back and killed by a cop for simple possession i think and his parents are kinda mad cuz its not getting any attention.

They probably want the "All Lives Matter" group to back them up, but they don't really care.

Audio between the video surveillance company, dispatch and police offers on the scene. 

http://www.mnpoliceclips.com/audio-...-by-arlington-police-officer-brad-miller.html

45 seconds in the video dispatch says that taylor has a dark colored jeep and it's parked at the gate, which contradicts the police report that it was ran through the dealership, and the dealerships claim that the gate was ran into as well.

Throughout the audio police officers are claiming they see no damage to the gate or the dealership being broken into. 

Officer Identifies Taylor inside the building at 4:20, shots fired less than 2-3 seconds later reported by an officer, calling for EMS. 

No reports of an altercation or scuffle as well. 

Last edited:
45 seconds in the video dispatch says that taylor has a dark colored jeep and it's parked at the gate, which contradicts the police report that it was ran through the dealership, and the dealerships claim that the gate was ran into as well.
how is that contradictory?

does a vehicle lose it's ability to operate after breaking glass or hitting a gate?

Last edited:
To be fair, it was you that said he drove his car through the glass.

If you listen to the audio, the officer saying that there was no damage to the gate was at a different gate. And near the end, you can hear an officer say that he is in the building that the car crashed through.

Last edited:
I think the issue here is how he was immediately shot and killed, not that he put himself in a bad situation.

Could an altercation have ensued? Sure. But as we've seen recently, that word seems to have a different meaning for cops. And it's ultimately their word against nobody if the other person dies.

For whatever reason, dude put himself in an awful situation and there's no disputing that. However, unless the cop was in true, life-threatening danger, the kid should still be breathing. Again though, cops have a built in justification for deadly force with the " I was in fear of my life" angle.

I think the issue here is how he was immediately shot and killed, not that he put himself in a bad situation.

Could an altercation have ensued? Sure. But as we've seen recently, that word seems to have a different meaning for cops. And it's ultimately their word against nobody if the other person dies.

For whatever reason, dude put himself in an awful situation and there's no disputing that. However, unless the cop was in true, life-threatening danger, the kid should still be breathing. Again though, cops have a built in justification for deadly force with the " I was in fear of my life" angle.
so this is why you sit down and wait for more evidence before jumping to a conclusion

instead of having your whole argument being used by the opposition to show why the "minorities" are exaggerating...

Last edited:
We have literally nothing to work off here. Save your energy for more details, and the more obvious ones that end up being dismissed. Yall hurt the valid issues by jumping the gun on every got damn thing. Stop giving the "crying wolf" crowd ammo.

Skimmed through this and it looks like dude was on a bad trip of something and was wildin out.

Police should have tased him to arrest him and take him back for questioning...

But this isn't really comparable to say, Sandra Bland who got killed because she didn't wanna put her cigarette out, dude was kinda wildin...

Yeah, buddy was on the bath salts or something.  My dude smashed in a windshield, shimmied into the car through the hole and then hopped out the car like it was just another day.  
mean.gif

Given that erratic behavior, an altercation happening does seem very likely.  Dude clearly was out of his damn mind.  

I will say that the video doesn't dismiss the fact that black males are disproportionately shot/killed when being apprehended though.  That IS an issue, although this particular scenario doesn't seem to fit the narrative that some want it to. 

shooting looks to be justified so far

where's the evidence of wrongdoing?

Last edited:
Yeah, buddy was on the bath salts or something.  My dude smashed in a windshield, shimmied into the car through the hole and then hopped out the car like it was just another day.  :smh:  

Given that erratic behavior, an altercation happening does seem very likely.  Dude clearly was out of his damn mind.  

I will say that the video doesn't dismiss the fact that black males are disproportionately shot/killed when being apprehended though.  That IS an issue, although this particular scenario doesn't seem to fit the narrative that some want it to. 

I was about to say, after watching a little bit of the vid, he seems like he's on some type of synthetic drug. Definitely not in the right frame of mind....

I'm usually skeptical of stuff like this, but I'm going to give the police the benefit of the doubt in this case. I don't know if it was drunk driving, a mental health crisis, or whatever... But people don't just drive into buildings when they are in a clear state of mind.

An altercation occuring where the officer felt like force was necessary is definitely a plausible scenario. Just a sad case all around, especially if it turns out he was having a mental health incident.

Yup, a life was lost, RIP. Even more sad if it was a person with mental health issues or just acting while under the influence.

Back
Top Bottom