1993 Production Sample Jordan IX - A glimpse at what the IX could have been...

Originally Posted by HipHopCaliber

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

The timeline of the story is all wrong....

this sample was made in late Aug of 93, and MJ wore the final version sample in Bulls practices in May of 93 ,and the AJ IX in the same form MJ wore them came out in Nov 93, so obviously this wasnt a scrapped version of the main AJ IX... A sample made in Aug would be for release in the Spring at the earliest of next year... AJ IX was already going into production at the time this sample was made...

the Tag reads Air Jordan OS, and a Look See Sample so it was probably going to be a modified low top version, like the AJ XI IE low, and when he retired before the start of the 93 season the whole idea was probably scrapped, is my best guess....
I think you're right. This could have been an "i.e." type Jordan IX release that never came to fruition.

That makes sense. The front toe area reminds me of an AF1 

Originally Posted by HipHopCaliber

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

The timeline of the story is all wrong....

this sample was made in late Aug of 93, and MJ wore the final version sample in Bulls practices in May of 93 ,and the AJ IX in the same form MJ wore them came out in Nov 93, so obviously this wasnt a scrapped version of the main AJ IX... A sample made in Aug would be for release in the Spring at the earliest of next year... AJ IX was already going into production at the time this sample was made...

the Tag reads Air Jordan OS, and a Look See Sample so it was probably going to be a modified low top version, like the AJ XI IE low, and when he retired before the start of the 93 season the whole idea was probably scrapped, is my best guess....
I think you're right. This could have been an "i.e." type Jordan IX release that never came to fruition.

That makes sense. The front toe area reminds me of an AF1 

these are something else. toebox is very af1 but no one can predict the empact they would of had if they released i must say they look like very early samples.

these are something else. toebox is very af1 but no one can predict the empact they would of had if they released i must say they look like very early samples.

They aren't that bad. I have seen a lot of uglier jordans. Nice find. Never seen these until now. Strange.

They aren't that bad. I have seen a lot of uglier jordans. Nice find. Never seen these until now. Strange.

i get off on stuff like this. thanks for sharing.

really interesting how they changed the trangular perforations to straight up holes.

i get off on stuff like this. thanks for sharing.

really interesting how they changed the trangular perforations to straight up holes.

I really like those, the only thing that seems stupid about them is the pull tab on the heel, leather? really?

I really like those, the only thing that seems stupid about them is the pull tab on the heel, leather? really?

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

Nice, I've never seen those. But, even with the tag, for some reason I'm having a hard time believing these are from '93.

the tag shows it all so you can be an nonbeliever all you want..

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

Nice, I've never seen those. But, even with the tag, for some reason I'm having a hard time believing these are from '93.

the tag shows it all so you can be an nonbeliever all you want..

Thank you for the pics. Great find!

I do have to say though that I am glad the IXs came out the way they came out.

Thank you for the pics. Great find!

I do have to say though that I am glad the IXs came out the way they came out.

interesting, nice find. I wonder how they stayed out of the light for so long. I wonder what other gems there are yet to be known about

interesting, nice find. I wonder how they stayed out of the light for so long. I wonder what other gems there are yet to be known about

White/Red VINdicates >>> these
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom