1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers Appreciation....Greatest College FB Team Ever

you can't believe that.. top 5 or 10 ever?

if you take him out of that offense and replace him with say chris wienke or jason white do they still win all of those games?

^ yeah they do and they prolly win back to back.

people forget he had a bad game against OSU in the second title game.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Agreed.

pimp.gif
&
laugh.gif
@ all "The U" homers. Yes, talent wise,I repeat, talent wise, noone is seeing them. You could make just as good a case that the '01 & especially the'02 Canes are some of the most underachieving teams of All Time as well IMO.
laugh.gif

As a TEAM, noone is seeing the '95 Huskers though...

313gh1i.jpg

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

the miami homers are ridiculous in here
Many of them are probably too young to remember the Nebraska team which is why it's hard to debate theseteams. I do believe that the Huskers overall are better.

No one's arguing that that Nebraska team was great. It's just ridiculous for people here to wildly argue that they were the greatest team ever. Thereare just as many people in here who never saw them play making the same argument that they're the best as there are arguing otherwise.

To completely discount that ridiculous Miami offense and defense is just stupid:

The Hurricanes scored 512 (42.6 ppg) points while yielding only 117 (9.75 papg). Miami beat opponents by an average of 32.9 points per game, the largest margin in the school's history, and set the NCAA record for largest margin of victory over consecutive ranked teams (124-7). The offense set the school scoring record, while the stout defense led the nation in scoring defense (fewest points allowed), pass defense, and turnover margin. Additionally, the Hurricane defense scored eight touchdowns of its own. Six players earned All-American status and six players were finalists for national awards, including Maxwell Award winner, Ken Dorsey, and Outland Trophy winner, Bryant McKinnie. Dorsey was also a Heisman finalist, finishing third.

just in recent history, teams like 1992 Alabama and Washington 1991 are definitely in the discussion.

then going back, teams like 1961 Alabama ( gave up 25 points for the entire year )

to say its just cut and dry that Nebraska or Miami is the best of all time ...

"C'mon Son"

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

just in recent history, teams like 1992 Alabama and Washington 1991 are definitely in the discussion. then

And going back, teams like 1961 Alabama ( 25 points for the entire year )

"C'mon Son"
Exactly.

Unless we're using an objective standard of comparison, then this is all opinion and a stupid argument.

I'm 23 years old and the best teams I saw play personally were the 2001 Miami Hurricanes and the 2004 USC Trojans. I saw the 95 Huskers play on TV butI'm not even going to pretend to have been old enough to really speak on that team unbiasedly.

Likewise there are old musty @%$ dudes in here reminiscing on the glory days who want to swear Nebraska was the best team ever, but unless you'reconducting an empirical study with some sort of genuine criteria, this really isnt a statement you can make.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

heisman doesn't mean anything.. hell eric crouch and jason white have both won heismans

my point is.. that in relation to the rest of that team, he was the weak point

and the team was not the same because they lost ALOT of talented dudes.. and then some of the guys that came in never worked out

and the reason i compared him to trent dilfer is because at no point was he asked to go out and win a game.. all that team needed was for him not to mess things up

all i can remember thinking while watching that team is what would it have been like if they had a dude who would actually end being a starting QB in the NFL

as a UM fan i know i sound ungratefully.. but hell, i can admit that if i'm passing the ball to jordan or bird i'm pretty sure i'll get a TON of assists

INTERACT < Ignore User's post

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

just in recent history, teams like 1992 Alabama and Washington 1991 are definitely in the discussion.

then going back, teams like 1961 Alabama ( gave up 25 points for the entire year )

"C'mon Son"

I like how this man know his history

I've also failed to mention that in nebraska team won the title the year before despite playing most of the season w/ a backup QB (Frazier was out w/ bloodclots) and lawrence phillips was suspended the majority of the 95 season for beating a chic...

Basically Nebraska's 95 team put up all those #s w/ a true freshman running back..

All the miami fans are acting like every player on that team was in his prime in 2001. You know a lot of those players actually did get better in the NFL

They are appreciated, but I'm going with the '01 Hurricanes. However, judging by those scores, They were definitely more dominant thru their seasonthan the hurricanes

if you take him out of that offense and replace him with say chris wienke or jason white do they still win all of those games?
What are you trying to say here?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

nerd.gif

that some players are a by-product of the good players around them..

it's the alvin harper corollary.. sure he was good when he was with the cowboys and michael irving was drawing the attention of the defense, but as soon ashe went to another team we found out how 'good' he really was

nerd.gif

that some players are a by-product of the good players around them..

it's the alvin harper corollary.. sure he was good when he was with the cowboys and michael irving was drawing the attention of the defense, but as soon as he went to another team we found out how 'good' he really was

While at the University of Miami, Dorsey was known as a consummate winner, leading the Hurricanes to the 2001 national championship and posting a record of 38-2 as the team's starting quarterback. Dorsey also effectively rewrote the school record book, setting career records for total offense (9,486 yards), passing yards (9,565), passing touchdowns (86), pass completions (668), pass attempts (1,153), victories as a starting quarterback (38), winning percentage by a starting quarterback (.974), 200-yard passing performances (31), consecutive passes without an interception (193), consecutive games with a touchdown pass (31), and touchdown passes in a game (5).

In addition, was named the co-MVP of the 2002 Rose Bowl (in which Miami defeated the University of Nebraska to win its fifth national championship), Offensive Player of the Year twice (2001, 2002), and first-team All-Big East three times (2000, 2001, 2002). Dorsey was also a finalist for the Heisman Trophy in both 2001 and 2002 and the winner of the 2001 Maxwell Award, which is given to the national collegiate player of the year.

He was a weakness? Come on man...every QB for the most part who plays for a Miami, FSU, UF, USC, Ohio State, etc...has a stacked team., obviouslynot to that extent but still.

You name your top 5 QB's and I can present the same argument you have against Dorsey against them...

nerd.gif
So, you're insinuating that Weinke was good only because of the players around him?

laugh.gif
at people just throwing out random "Miami homers" like theyeven know anything about Nebraska.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Any argument you present, we can easily say the exact same thing back. There is no right answer.

the execution on that 95 team was flawless.

eek.gif

I'd have to give the edge only because of what they did in the games that mattered

You can't have a legit discussion about Miami on NT. Even if you're just defending and stating real facts and legit arguments....you get labeled ahomer no matter what. It's pointless.

Okay so Dorsey had a bad game in the Fiesta Bowl loss, mainly due to our OL getting destroyed.....that makes him not a great player? Because no great playerhas ever had a bad game right?
laugh.gif
Come on son. He lost his 1st game and then never lost again until that BS pass interference was called. Plain and simpleyou're an idiot if you think he was a weakness.

my point is.. that in relation to the rest of that team, he was the weak point

and the team was not the same because they lost ALOT of talented dudes.. and then some of the guys that came in never worked out

and the reason i compared him to trent dilfer is because at no point was he asked to go out and win a game.. all that team needed was for him not to mess things up

all i can remember thinking while watching that team is what would it have been like if they had a dude who would actually end being a starting QB in the NFL

You're just alking out of your #%@. If you didn't pay attention during Dorsey's years don't try to comment like you did or you know whatyou're talking about.

I mean....this stuff you're saying wouldn't make sense even to you if you had even bothered to look at his friggin wikipedia page. Cmon now.

Son called Ken Dorsey a game manager.
laugh.gif
You're right.....he never was asked to go win a game. But he never had to. By your logic Matt Leinart was nevera great college QB either. And he didn't have many comeback drives either....because the games were usually blowouts. But to say that made him less of aplayer is pure stupidity.

FTR....he has been a starting QB in the NFL. Just not a successful one. But neither have a lot of #1 picks at QB either.......so again.......what's yourpoint?

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
at people just throwing out random "Miami homers" like they even know anything about Nebraska.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
at Miami homers not knowing anything but Miami football.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

How many Nebraska games did you watch that year?
nerd.gif
wink.gif

happy.gif

Ken Dorsey was a GREAT College QB. Im not sure how that can even be debated.

and that 1st game he did lose, the refs made a bad call
tired.gif
(vsWashington, that WR caught the ball and had a foot down in the back of the end zone
shoulda been a 4th quarter comeback Win
smokin.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom