1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers Appreciation....Greatest College FB Team Ever

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

You can't have a legit discussion about Miami on NT. Even if you're just defending and stating real facts and legit arguments....you get labeled a homer no matter what. It's pointless.

Okay so Dorsey had a bad game in the Fiesta Bowl loss, mainly due to our OL getting destroyed.....that makes him not a great player? Because no great player has ever had a bad game right?
laugh.gif
Come on son. He lost his 1st game and then never lost again until that BS pass interference was called. Plain and simple you're an idiot if you think he was a weakness.

my point is.. that in relation to the rest of that team, he was the weak point

and the team was not the same because they lost ALOT of talented dudes.. and then some of the guys that came in never worked out

and the reason i compared him to trent dilfer is because at no point was he asked to go out and win a game.. all that team needed was for him not to mess things up

all i can remember thinking while watching that team is what would it have been like if they had a dude who would actually end being a starting QB in the NFL

You're just alking out of your #%@. If you didn't pay attention during Dorsey's years don't try to comment like you did or you know what you're talking about.

I mean....this stuff you're saying wouldn't make sense even to you if you had even bothered to look at his friggin wikipedia page. Cmon now.

Son called Ken Dorsey a game manager.
laugh.gif
You're right.....he never was asked to go win a game. But he never had to. By your logic Matt Leinart was never a great college QB either. And he didn't have many comeback drives either....because the games were usually blowouts. But to say that made him less of a player is pure stupidity.

FTR....he has been a starting QB in the NFL. Just not a successful one. But neither have a lot of #1 picks at QB either.......so again.......what's your point?

The%20End%20by%20nomeacuerdo%20-%20En%20modo%20chnacho%20zombie%20%28cc%29.jpg

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Ken Dorsey was a GREAT College QB. Im not sure how that can even be debated.

and that 1st game he did lose, the refs made a bad call
tired.gif
(vs Washington, that WR caught the ball and had a foot down in the back of the end zone
shoulda been a 4th quarter comeback Win
smokin.gif
)
And that would have had us in the 2000 title game as well.
smh.gif

38-2 and a play here and there from bein 40-0 with potentially 3 titles.
eek.gif
tired.gif

But he's a "game manager"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
at people just throwing out random "Miami homers" like they even know anything about Nebraska.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
at Miami homers not knowing anything but Miami football.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif
at Oregon homers not having anything to know about Oregon football.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

laugh.gif
at people just throwing out random "Miami homers" like they even know anything about Nebraska.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
at Miami homers not knowing anything but Miami football.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif
at Oregon homers not having anything to know about Oregon football.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

A SHOT AT OREGON BY THE BIGGEST HOMER IN NT HISTORY? TOTALLY DID NOT SEE THAT ONE COMING.

BLINDSIDED.

GOT ME GOOD LOL.

Uncanny.

laugh.gif
let that go Ches, what do you think? You think Nebraska would take 01 UM?

Man, who knows... I HATE getting into Team A > Team B debates, especially ones with teams years apart from one another. You can put up all the numbers andstats you want, but at the end of the day it's all about how the game is executed.

You can't have a legit discussion about Miami on NT. Even if you're just defending and stating real facts and legit arguments....you get labeled a homer no matter what. It's pointless.

Okay so Dorsey had a bad game in the Fiesta Bowl loss, mainly due to our OL getting destroyed.....that makes him not a great player? Because no great player has ever had a bad game right?
laugh.gif
Come on son. He lost his 1st game and then never lost again until that BS pass interference was called. Plain and simple you're an idiot if you think he was a weakness.

my point is.. that in relation to the rest of that team, he was the weak point

and the team was not the same because they lost ALOT of talented dudes.. and then some of the guys that came in never worked out

and the reason i compared him to trent dilfer is because at no point was he asked to go out and win a game.. all that team needed was for him not to mess things up

all i can remember thinking while watching that team is what would it have been like if they had a dude who would actually end being a starting QB in the NFL

You're just alking out of your #%@. If you didn't pay attention during Dorsey's years don't try to comment like you did or you know what you're talking about.

I mean....this stuff you're saying wouldn't make sense even to you if you had even bothered to look at his friggin wikipedia page. Cmon now.

Son called Ken Dorsey a game manager.
laugh.gif
You're right.....he never was asked to go win a game. But he never had to. By your logic Matt Leinart was never a great college QB either. And he didn't have many comeback drives either....because the games were usually blowouts. But to say that made him less of a player is pure stupidity.

FTR....he has been a starting QB in the NFL. Just not a successful one. But neither have a lot of #1 picks at QB either.......so again.......what's your point?

i've stated my point already.. and you reiterated it by saying "And he didn't have many comeback drives either....because the games were usuallyblowouts."

at what point in ken dorsey's career at miami did you ever say to yourself "hey, i am watching one of the best QBs to ever play in collegefootball" or even "hey, we are screwed if we lose ken dorsey to an injury"

all of those other players on that team, i remember thinking "man i hope the eagles pick up this guy in the draft".. and i felt justified forthinking so when they played GREAT in the league

ken dorsey on the other hand.. yes i appreciated what he had done at UM.. but i always remember feeling like i had a ferrari and could only drive in a 30 MPHzone

Back
Top Bottom