2/4/2012 Red Foamposite One Vol: Here we go again Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
417001_2637216004979_1092840130_31971644_1130183328_n.jpg

from the Southpark mall in Va

them cops were not playin...

told myself last night i wasnt gonna get them but TRIED anyway...didnt want to regret passing later.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

only reason ppl like royals is cuz they are the OG color

say penny played for a red team and reds were the OGs, follow me

yes they are same if not better

personally the color red>the color blue

Sorry, I love the neon royals because of the color.  It has nothing to do with them being OG.

Got to my spot a hour before opening . It was about 60 people in line and still got my size.. They still had 11 more of my size 12 after I bought mine..not a bad release in the dmv

Got to my spot a hour before opening . It was about 60 people in line and still got my size.. They still had 11 more of my size 12 after I bought mine..not a bad release in the dmv

Originally Posted by JordansRMyCrack

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

GROWN MEN ARGUING OVER WHETHER THE COLOR RED IS BETTER THAN THE COLOR BLUE....

what? no arguing.  It's more like a debate or discussion on an online forum,  .... looks up 'forum'

[color= rgb(0, 85, 187)]forum -[/color] assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.

Red > blue for me, as well, when it comes to shoes.

[color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]
[/color]

[color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]
[/color]
AND WHAT'S THE OUTCOME OF THIS "DEBATE" AS YOU LIKE TO CALL IT....

EVERYONE COMES TO A UNANIMOUS DECISION THAT ONE COLOR IS BETTER THAN ANOTHER?
laugh.gif

CONTINUE ON...

what? no arguing.  It's more like a debate or discussion on an online forum,  .... looks up 'forum'

[color= rgb(0, 85, 187)]forum -[/color] assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.

[color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]
[/color]

[color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]
[/color]

laugh.gif

CONTINUE ON...

Originally Posted by mattwhite2385

Originally Posted by loubrock

i got mines!!! great success!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

thanks bro... and for all yal out there that havent copped.. keep callig eastbay.. i was able to get anotehr pair this way
SMFH I told you my order info so you would be able to cop and you go around and resell the pairs, rudest thing I have ever seen.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

thanks bro... and for all yal out there that havent copped.. keep callig eastbay.. i was able to get anotehr pair this way
SMFH I told you my order info so you would be able to cop and you go around and resell the pairs, rudest thing I have ever seen.

Originally Posted by Tang

I want to see these in person but not a pair in sight

That's how I ended up buying a pair. Looking at pics online had me on the fence bout whether to cop or not cop. I got off at 11, and my job 15 minutes from the Villa. Cruised past the store, and for 40 minutes left the size of the line looked like I had a good chance at copping. Wanted to see what they look like in person, but I knew the only way to see em is buy em. Figured if I didn't like em I could return or sell em for a couple bucks extra. In true sneaker head fashion, a dude had a pair on in line, and then when i saw em knew I had to have em when I saw that wet paint. So I was happy I was already lined up. I was happy I copped them cuz I love em like no other.

Originally Posted by Tang

I want to see these in person but not a pair in sight

That's how I ended up buying a pair. Looking at pics online had me on the fence bout whether to cop or not cop. I got off at 11, and my job 15 minutes from the Villa. Cruised past the store, and for 40 minutes left the size of the line looked like I had a good chance at copping. Wanted to see what they look like in person, but I knew the only way to see em is buy em. Figured if I didn't like em I could return or sell em for a couple bucks extra. In true sneaker head fashion, a dude had a pair on in line, and then when i saw em knew I had to have em when I saw that wet paint. So I was happy I was already lined up. I was happy I copped them cuz I love em like no other.

Originally Posted by mikeyman14

See what happens when you help people out on NT
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]
[/color]

[color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]
[/color]

laugh.gif

CONTINUE ON...
Well "debate" and "arguing" weren't the most appropriate terms to use.  I'll say this, though.  I think OG heads are sick of all the Jordan-issh colorways of white/red/black (except for TB IIIs, Laney and Grape Vs, and CB XVIIs), which is what makes the Penny line so special.  The Magic colors are the exact opposite, so that's why a lot of people like the blue foams over the red ones.   There's just not a whole lot of OG blue shoes out there.  And while the blue foams are nice, the red has a lot more pop, which is also another reason why so many people prefer the red ones, along with all the bright colorway choices we are seeing and will continue to see in the future from all shoe companies.  Disagree?

Yellow Christmas KD IIIs

Orange 'Sunset/Orange County' Kobe VIs

Orange 2.5 AdiRose ASG

Orange ASG LeBron 9s

Kobe VI Grinches

Electrolime Foamposites

The list goes on and on ...

Color gets people noticed and most EVERYBODY wants to be noticed these days.  Fact.  A virtual stroll amongst blogs, twitter, and fakebook will easily illustrate that.

And back to the foams red vs blue topic ... red provides better contrast against blue jeans or darker-colored jeans.  That's just what I think.

And lastly, these are 'shiny' ... which is key because of what I said earlier.  More gloss to floss.

[color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]
[/color]

[color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]
[/color]

laugh.gif

CONTINUE ON...
Well "debate" and "arguing" weren't the most appropriate terms to use.  I'll say this, though.  I think OG heads are sick of all the Jordan-issh colorways of white/red/black (except for TB IIIs, Laney and Grape Vs, and CB XVIIs), which is what makes the Penny line so special.  The Magic colors are the exact opposite, so that's why a lot of people like the blue foams over the red ones.   There's just not a whole lot of OG blue shoes out there.  And while the blue foams are nice, the red has a lot more pop, which is also another reason why so many people prefer the red ones, along with all the bright colorway choices we are seeing and will continue to see in the future from all shoe companies.  Disagree?

Yellow Christmas KD IIIs

Orange 'Sunset/Orange County' Kobe VIs

Orange 2.5 AdiRose ASG

Orange ASG LeBron 9s

Kobe VI Grinches

Electrolime Foamposites

The list goes on and on ...

Color gets people noticed and most EVERYBODY wants to be noticed these days.  Fact.  A virtual stroll amongst blogs, twitter, and fakebook will easily illustrate that.

And back to the foams red vs blue topic ... red provides better contrast against blue jeans or darker-colored jeans.  That's just what I think.

And lastly, these are 'shiny' ... which is key because of what I said earlier.  More gloss to floss.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MrSwoosh757

Originally Posted by ducktales

Originally Posted by polorico

The game has changed man , and i am only 22 thats the weird thing.

Back in my jordan prime the tuffest pair for me to snag were the grapes......

Now it seems like anything sells out thats "hot"

w
Its trends , i know yall remember when any retro jordan would sell out.......

Trends will die out over time , But i have never seen anything like this Were all the limited kobes,lbjs, and GR mikes and foamz make so much noise.

Its much tougher now. I'm 36. So I can give you all the old Oscar Robertson stories like Hubie Brown....some of my friends are in their forties and have some good ones too.

So back in the day...late 80s early 90s. I lived a block away from a sneaker store in New Haven CT. This mom and pop sold sneakers, clothes, bikes, fixed screen windows, and we played spy hunter when that was the hot game. So Jordan's cost say $110 in the big box stores. We bought them for say $85 all in.

So here's the equivalent of what you guys call hype beast moves back then for me. When Jordan's released at that time it was two different colorways a white and black pair, they released on Fridays so we skipped school (that's why they changed it to Saturdays years back). Playoff pairs followed later in the year. Kids would rock the pairs they bought the Monday after release....since we were the neighborhood kids our local store would sell us the pairs early, we paid cash and no receipt, we'd rock them on release day. Well other kids got hip to that and started doing the same. So we raised the ante, copped both the white and black pairs and wore one on each foot!.....Game over! Hang tags got nothing on those old school moves....

I may need to find the granddads on this site and start shooting short films....

Damn, you took me back. Im a lil younger than you but yeah, those were the days. I never rocked Jordans because EVERYONE wore J's and I didnt like following the crowd. But I had just every OG Nike Basketball shoe, trainer, and running shoe that dropped in the '90's. Got my first job at 14 just to buy kicks. Nikes, Guess jeans, Lo, Starter jackets, and Jansports....that was the uniform. I remember coming home with the OG Royals and ma dukes cursing me out cuz I spent damn near my whole check on sum "moon boots", lol. Good times my dude...makes me wanna go out and cop New Jack City on blu-ray.

"moon boots" wow forgot about that, but every mom used that exact language. It's fun to look back on what used to be. A few years from now others will be doing that about today. My go to uni was a rugby shirt, Girbauds (brand X)! Starter jacket (we had the factory or one of them on James street in new haven, so we bought cheap all day long) and jordans....great post brother.

Originally Posted by MrSwoosh757

Originally Posted by ducktales

Originally Posted by polorico

The game has changed man , and i am only 22 thats the weird thing.

Back in my jordan prime the tuffest pair for me to snag were the grapes......

Now it seems like anything sells out thats "hot"

w
Its trends , i know yall remember when any retro jordan would sell out.......

Trends will die out over time , But i have never seen anything like this Were all the limited kobes,lbjs, and GR mikes and foamz make so much noise.

Its much tougher now. I'm 36. So I can give you all the old Oscar Robertson stories like Hubie Brown....some of my friends are in their forties and have some good ones too.

So back in the day...late 80s early 90s. I lived a block away from a sneaker store in New Haven CT. This mom and pop sold sneakers, clothes, bikes, fixed screen windows, and we played spy hunter when that was the hot game. So Jordan's cost say $110 in the big box stores. We bought them for say $85 all in.

So here's the equivalent of what you guys call hype beast moves back then for me. When Jordan's released at that time it was two different colorways a white and black pair, they released on Fridays so we skipped school (that's why they changed it to Saturdays years back). Playoff pairs followed later in the year. Kids would rock the pairs they bought the Monday after release....since we were the neighborhood kids our local store would sell us the pairs early, we paid cash and no receipt, we'd rock them on release day. Well other kids got hip to that and started doing the same. So we raised the ante, copped both the white and black pairs and wore one on each foot!.....Game over! Hang tags got nothing on those old school moves....

I may need to find the granddads on this site and start shooting short films....

Damn, you took me back. Im a lil younger than you but yeah, those were the days. I never rocked Jordans because EVERYONE wore J's and I didnt like following the crowd. But I had just every OG Nike Basketball shoe, trainer, and running shoe that dropped in the '90's. Got my first job at 14 just to buy kicks. Nikes, Guess jeans, Lo, Starter jackets, and Jansports....that was the uniform. I remember coming home with the OG Royals and ma dukes cursing me out cuz I spent damn near my whole check on sum "moon boots", lol. Good times my dude...makes me wanna go out and cop New Jack City on blu-ray.

"moon boots" wow forgot about that, but every mom used that exact language. It's fun to look back on what used to be. A few years from now others will be doing that about today. My go to uni was a rugby shirt, Girbauds (brand X)! Starter jacket (we had the factory or one of them on James street in new haven, so we bought cheap all day long) and jordans....great post brother.

Originally Posted by toughmoney

laugh.gif
i dont really understand what happened in this scenario.. care to elaborate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom