2004 Jordan 12 wearability

Wanted to ask you guys about the prospects of purchasing a pair of Melo 12s from 2004, and the likelihood of sole separation.

the specific pair was lightly worn, so even though that helps I have never gone back and purchased a pair of 12s after so many years.

I appreciate any info

Have some glue ready. Pretty good chance you'll run into some sole separation. My pair started separating at the toe back in like 2012.

Wear em bro

would definitely be the hope, I just don’t want to spend around 240 dollars for a pair that would fall apart on wear one. Minor separation can be fixed but was curious about a complete separation

Don't waste your money. I kept my Playoff 12's in amazing condition and barely wore them and they started separating about 2015.

I have a pair of playoff xii’s that I haven’t worn in years like 4-5 year range. Decided earlier in April I was going to wear them to watch the Yankees vs Giants game in SF. Shoes were holding up ok until middle of the game and noticed some slight sole separating. As the day progressed it got worse to the point one shoe was halfway detached from the sole. It was a long walk from the park to the bart station to go back to Dublin. If you do get the shoes be prepared for some fixing because the glue has dried out being 15 years old no matter how it’s stored. It’s not a hard fix but is time consuming as it took me 2 weeks to do both shoes since I work 10 hour days and have other responsibilities that make fixing them not a priority. Good luck if you do get them.

It's possible the zoom airbags have deflated, too. That'll just make them more uncomfortable.

I have three pairs of 2004 melo's..one pair I even play competitive basketball with this season. No sole separation, even the jump man piece is still good (slight yellowing). IMO these are tanks and hold up great!

Very wearable. If there's separation, you can glue them back with no issue. I'm in the middle of repairing a pair of playoff 12's from '04 and the work I've done so far, they're good. You have nothing to worry about.

I still wore my All Star Playoffs yo until last year. Now they are seperating.

Back
Top Bottom