2007 NT Boxing Post: Thanks For A Great Year/ Please Lock

Damn, what a fight! I almost had to throw water on myself between rounds. Respect to Pavlik. I hope Taylor can bounce back from this.

The Ghost

:pimp:
pimp.gif
Equipo BOXEO
Let's Go White Sox!​

My friends were saying the same crap about the ref should have gave him a count. He was out , he wasn't getn up look at him when he hits the ground he's out.
WASHINGTON ********
Super Bowl Champions: XVII:XXII:XXVI

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND
PLEASE RELEASE FRED SMOOT​

Amo, do you have AIM?

I don't know how long you can wait and if you already found the fight, but I can get it to you as soon as I get home from work. I'm working on the Berto & Dawson bouts as well.
-|LESGodSonC0|-

TEAMYANKEES

TEAMGIANTS

Kev, It re -aired this morning on HBO2.
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

Popcorn & Raisinettes, My Life's a Movie

Well I was sleeping this morning. :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin 23ska909red02 KingLouisXIV DS 530s Finest sir hendrix Rexanglorum Kiddin Like Jason
TEAMCOWBOYS

Great fight, these guys are both class acts and Taylor is definately worthy of a rematch
SELL ME YOUR AIR FORCE 1'S SIZE 8

How where they trying to rob him?? I don't see how he was up on anyone score cards before the knockout

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!
TEAMCOWBOYS

^

He wasn't up but he also wasn't that far down. Some of the judges had him up as far as 3 rounds.

:smh:
smh.gif
Equipo BOXEO
Let's Go White Sox!​

AIM = Dirtballa32. Thanks for the offer Les, but i managed to download it early this morning. Haven't had the chance to get the berto and dawson bouts yet.

My thoughts on the fight:
That was a damn good fight, but i feel cheated that i wasn't able to watch it without knowing the result. Even knowing exactly what was going to happen, i still enjoyed it, so i can only imagine how it was live. My cable company is NOT going to be happy with me on Monday.

Jermain wasn't as effective boxing as i thought he would be, but i'm not sure if thats because of him or Pavlik. It's not like Pavlik's defense was great, but he kept the pressure on Taylor to make a lot of the rounds close. A better defensive boxer will give Pavlik a LOT of trouble. Jermaine outboxed him offensively, but his defense was and has been suspect for a while now. Jermain has used his strength to thwart his opponents offense. Pavlik was just too big for that to work the way he wanted.

As far as the judges trying to rob Pavlik, i disagree. I personally had taylor up 4-1-1 going into the 7th. However, the only clear rounds i saw were round 2 and 5 for taylor, and round 3 for pavlik. I could easily understand the judges scorecards, just as i can easily understand Ledermans scorecard having Pavlik up 1. It was a good, close fight with a pretty dramatic ending. Rematch will be VERY interesting.

Alright, next week NT's favorite fighter is back in the ring against Marco Antonio Barrera. On paper, Pacquiao should destroy Barrera like he did last time. But with Marco's history of rising up when the odds are against him, Pacquiao's lack of focus during training camp, and the issues around their last fight that might explain Barrera's performance, absolutely nothing would surprise me. That said, i think Pacquiao is just the wrong style for Barrera, and wins by TKO in the 9th or 10th round. I really hope i get this one right, because i'm rapidly becoming the |Fresh| of boxing around here.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)
Rest In Peace to one of the fiercest warriors to ever step foot into the ring. His body may have passed, but his spirit will live on through his epic bouts. May his eternity be filled with cheering fans and loving family.

Cant wait to see Barrera get punished again.
Put 'em in a grave with an empty 40 ounce bottle and don't leave a drip​

I'm not even why there is a rematch. Should be another blowout considering we're now dealing with a still prime, more experienced Pacquiao and an older Barrera. I don't think the Pacquiao distractions will have much of an effect. I'll be rooting for Barrera, though.

I havent kept up with this barrera/pac rematch news but judging by the HBO countdown, hows pac man doing? Is he all good upstairs? or is he goin through some problems that could hinder his performance?

and that B-Hop avy above :pimp:
pimp.gif

Goooooooooonies
You Ever Wonder What it All Really Mean?​

So Mosley took the bonds road and said he took stuff but didnt no what it was :smh:
smh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
sports.espn.go.com/sports...id=3041449
Quote:
"Sugar" Shane Mosley says he is a "health-freak-type of guy" who had no idea that what he took for a few weeks in the fall of 2003 were the BALCO designer steroids "the clear" and "the cream," which he said he was pressured to take by his former strength and conditioning coach.

"Unknowingly, yes, some of the substances they are talking about, were being used as part of the workouts. I didn't know what the hell it was," Mosley said in an interview with ESPN.com Friday from Big Bear, Calif., where he is training for a Nov. 10 fight with welterweight titleholder Miguel Cotto.

Mosley was responding to a report earlier Friday by SI.com, which, citing multiple unnamed sources who attended an international anti-doping conference in Colorado Springs, Colo., last November, said that lead BALCO investigator Jeff Novitzky alleged that Mosley used the steroids, as well as EPO, in a doping regimen prior to his junior middleweight championship rematch with Oscar De La Hoya in September 2003. Mosley won the fight via controversial decision.

"I had no intentions of trying to cheat or do anything crazy," Mosley said. "My thing is live healthy, eat healthy. That's how I live. I'm not afraid what people will think. I know the truth."

Mosley said that when former strength and conditioning coach Darryl Hudson asked him to go with him to visit Victor Conte's Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, he didn't want to go. But Hudson convinced him to take the trip, he said. Mosley, who testified on the matter in front of the BALCO grand jury four years ago, said he only agreed to visit Conte to obtain legal supplements.

"Someone gave [Hudson] a tip that [Conte] could help with my strength and explosiveness and [Hudson] talked to [Conte] a couple of times, I guess," Mosley said. "I told [Hudson], 'I'm good with the stuff I am doing in training now.' I was already feeling good, but I think Darryl wanted to make a big impression, for me to go out there and be really explosive. So I just listened to him and finally said, 'Let's check him out.' We went to San Francisco for one day and I talked to Victor Conte. I explained to him that I am already in great shape but the right vitamins and supplements here and there might help."
TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!
TEAMCOWBOYS

Has anyone seen Pacquiao lately?

Dude's a beast
vamos argentina
F.C.BARCELONA

i saw him last month jogging. his brother and 2 sparring partners couldn't keep up with him so they brought in a local marathon runner to jog with him uphill.
Cebu Boxing​
Gorres, Banal, Bautista, Amonsot, Penalosa​
TEAMSANDIEGO C H ARG E R S

oh btw Amohoop.. Czar Amonsot gonna retire :frown:
frown.gif
Cebu Boxing
Gorres, Banal, Bautista, Amonsot, Penalosa

I'd rather see a Morales/Pacquiao 4 honestly, I'm totally disinterested in seeing the fight. With that said, Pacquiao in the 5th, and I'll be waiting to see NEXT saturday.
DALLAS MAVERICKS
Charging into the Playoffs​
Ager, Barea, Buckner, Croshere, Dampier, Diop, George, Harris, Howard, Ilunga-Mbenga, Mensah-Bonsu, Nowitzki, Stackhouse, Terry​

as big a boxing fan i am, and even a Filipino that lives here in the Philippines... I too am not that pumped up for this fight.. could it be that there's not enough drama? Or the thought of Barrera's age and Pacquiao's recent dominance could mean a short 1 sided fight.. i dunno... Anyway, hope Pacquiao wins though.. its still gonna be a typical "Pacquiao Weekend" for me and the family here... PPV with BBQ, drinks, friends, and all the streets in the country will be empty with low crime rate :pimp:
pimp.gif
Cebu Boxing
Gorres, Banal, Bautista, Amonsot, Penalosa

I've never been a HUGE fan of Manny, and MAB is one of my top 5 favorite fighters of all time...

I don't know if it's just me but I have MAB by UD. I can't see him stopping or KO'ing Manny. MAB always thrives when people count him out (Example: Remember Prince Naseem Hamed, or the 1st and 2nd fights w/ Erik Morales) A win here would be a perfect way to end his career.

Hopefully after this, Pacquiao/Juan Manuel Marquez will FINALLY be made. I still can't believe there hasn't been a rematch...

P.S. Speaking of "Naz" Is he still locked up? I was watching the fight w/ him & MAB last night.
-|LESGodSonC0|-

TEAMYANKEES

TEAMGIANTS

Back
Top Bottom