2007 NT Boxing Post: Thanks For A Great Year/ Please Lock

good job manny...congratulations..

props to barrera..one of mexico's great boxer..
TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
James,Pavlovic,Hughes,Gooden,IIgauskas,Varejao,Marshall ,Da.Jones,Snow,Wesley,Newble,Gibson,Brown​

:smh:
smh.gif
:rolleyes
eyes.gif
@ the judge who scored it 115-112. must've dozed off on some rounds.
------------

We only have one heart, but there are so many ways of breaking it.

barrera actually fought a better fight the second time than the first....he should've fought the way he did last night the first outting with pacquiao...maybe it would've turned out diff....i was actually proud to be filipino last night....
TEAMSTUY
MUSICMUSIC
www.myspace.com/widmark1980

Quote:
Edit - Anybody watch McCline vs Peters???
:nerd:
nerd.gif

[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

Popcorn & Raisinettes, My Life's a Movie

Haven't seen Pacquiao-Barrera yet so i can't really comment, but i seriously doubt Barrera deserves the bashing he gets. He's not always in a war and can be pretty boring sometimes. Anyone remember the second Rocky Juarez fight? It was boring as hell but it was the best thing for him to do win the fight cause he know he wasn't gonna win a war.

As for Peter-McCline, Peter is absolute trash. This man gets dropped 3 times by Jameel Freakin' McCline? Dude is a fraud. He's simply a big, lazy, unathletic fighter who has no real skill and gets away with more rabbit punches than any fighter in history. I'm starting to get worried that he's going to seriously injure another fighter with all these rabbit punches.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)
Rest In Peace to one of the fiercest warriors to ever step foot into the ring. His body may have passed, but his spirit will live on through his epic bouts. May his eternity be filled with cheering fans and loving family.

^ gotta agree with ammo.

Barrera is at a point in his career where he can't afford to get into a slugfest. He also was following his gameplan and his trainer's advice. He tried to keep it tactical but Pacquiao was too fast and strong for him.

Anyways....where can I get that Pacquiao Nike shirt??? I know you got the info on that Dako.
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS​
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX​
*Braylon Edwards should have been drafted instead of A.S.*​

away from that fight...i have a lot of questions? Something tells me all these "tune-up" fights he's having is just a way of hindering his chances to be one (politics?). Or is it just because he's way too busy and preoccupied with things that aren't boxing related?

I need for someone to lay it down for me. Been wondering for a long time.
TEAM CIRCUMSIZED​
I was man enough to go through it...are you?​

eh... not your typical Manny fight.. Marco was wise to box and counter. At his age, i guess he can't afford to brawl especially against Manny's power. Can't blame him... but he just acted like he was satisfied not to get KOed. He got some good counters in, kinda fought like JMM during the middle rounds. Marco still got that great jab though. Pacquiao looked slower.. i guess credit that to MBB's backpeddling, but hey his english improved! Boring overall fight. But for students of the game, you can learn from MBB on how he counter's Pacs power punches since Pac leaves himself wide open after he throws. I guess the only thing good about this fight, was a reason for friends and family to get together and drink beer at 9 in the morning (philippine time) :lol:
laugh.gif
6 San Miguels for me by lunch time ... i was out by afternoon :wow:
embarassed.gif
Oh, the vice president being interviewed :stoneface:
indifferent.gif
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
Cebu Boxing
Gorres, Banal, Bautista, Amonsot, Penalosa
TEAMSANDIEGO C H ARG E R S

oh... don't know if it was obvious.... when Manny got sucker punched in the 11th, yeah.. he 'acted' hurt.. He is an actor here in the country :lol:
laugh.gif
'UMARTE KA! UMARTE KA!'
Cebu Boxing

^haha..true true.."paawa effect"

TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
James,Pavlovic,Hughes,Gooden,IIgauskas,Varejao,Marshall ,Da.Jones,Snow,Wesley,Newble,Gibson,Brown​

Quote:
away from that fight...i have a lot of questions.

1. I'm not too familiar about the belts and titles in boxing (and it's sad, been watching boxing forever and MMA for only 7 years, but I know who the title holders are for MMA). I checked wiki and it says he has the international WBC belt. How does this differ from the one with Marquez?

2. A more direct or insider question : Why doesn't or why can't (not sure which one to ask) Manny pursue one being the undisputed champion? With the way he's boxing right now, shouldn't it be a no brainer? He's riding the wave right now. I know it'll take time, but I'm hoping to see another Flash Elorde in our lifetime.

3. I'm guessing the fight with Marquez would be the start? Something tells me all these "tune-up" fights he's having is just a way of hindering his chances to be one (politics?). Or is it just because he's way too busy and preoccupied with things that aren't boxing related?

I need for someone to lay it down for me. Been wondering for a long time.
. Like i said, it wasn't politics that kept manny from being undisputed, it was simply his decision to fight bigger and better fights with legends with no belts instead of unknown fighters who happen to have a belt. Problem now is that Manny is moving up to the 135 pound division. He now will look to get a fight with at least title-holder like i mentioned earlier. As far as being the undisputed champ at 135, that all depends on who holds the other belts. If boring, unknown fighters have the belts, Manny probalby wouldn't even try for it because of the little money he'd make. If its fairly big names with all the titles, and no better options without titles, then i could see him taking the fights. Marketability plays a HUGE part in who Manny fights form fight to fight.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)
Rest In Peace to one of the fiercest warriors to ever step foot into the ring. His body may have passed, but his spirit will live on through his epic bouts. May his eternity be filled with cheering fans and loving family.

^^^ very well put Amo

Supposedly, Pacquiao wants David Diaz next

Quote:
Pacquiao wants David Diaz next
By Abac Cordero
Tuesday, October 9, 2007

LAS VEGAS Juan Manuel Marquez. Edwin Valero. Joan Guzman. Humberto Soto.

Sorry guys. Manny Pacquiao wants David Diaz.

Manny told me he wants him, said trainer Freddie Roach late Saturday night, moments after Pacquiao, who for the first time seemed to have trouble making 130 lbs, drove past Marco Antonio Barrera at the Mandalay Bay.

And Im looking forward to it, Roach said.

The American trainer said Pacquiao is seriously considering moving up to the 135 lb division and take a crack at Diaz lightweight crown.

Pacquiao, in fact, has started asking for some tapes of Diaz previous fights, including the one he had and won against Erik Morales in Illinois last August.

He wants a tape of Diaz fights, said Hermie Rivera, a Filipino boxing analyst from Team Pacquiao.

Moving to 135? Were talking about that. Manny came to this (Barrera) fight at 144 pounds. It seems that 130 has become harder for him to make, said Roach.

Even before Pacquiao sealed a rematch with Barrera, Marquez, Valero, Guzman and Soto, the biggest names in the super-featherweight class next to Pacquiao, cropped up as the Filipinos next opponent.

Marquez faces Rocky Juarez, and Guzman takes on Soto in separate fights next month, each one of them hoping to win and face Pacquiao next. They may have to wait.

Diaz was a great amateur before he turned pro in 1996 and won his debut against someone in New Mexico. He now has a professional ring record of 33 wins, a loss and a draw with 17 knockouts.

Diaz first and only loss so far was dealt by Kendall Hold, who halted the Mexican-American in eight rounds in 2005 in Connecticut. But he has won seven of his last eight fights with one draw.

Diaz, a stablemate of Pacquiaos at Top Rank, had a great amateur career that lasted 175 fights. He is a three-time Golden Gloves champion, and as a lightweight made it to the second round of the 1996 Atlanta Olympics.

He was practically born as a lightweight.

And Pacquiao wants him next.
Cebu Boxing

^ i'll check it out.

i kinda have a bad feeling about pacquiao moving up in weight. although he's looking like a more polished fighter than a couple year ago, if he goes up against a good counter puncher with power he'll be in a lot of trouble.

on a side note - my trainer who's mexican btw believes that pacquiao is taking something. lol. idk what to think. he might. my trainer said that there's no way manny's power could have increased from 112 lbs all the way up to 126 lbs. i thought he was being salty, but you never know nowadays.
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS​
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX​
*Braylon Edwards should have been drafted instead of A.S.*​

I think at 135 the big physical fighters will be more trouble for Manny than the counter-punchers. Fighters like Juan Diaz and Michael Katsidis basically fight the way many does, but stronger and WAY bigger. I don't know how well his power will carry to 135, but there is no way he will be a bigger hitter than Katsidis and some of the other top Lightweights. Manny would be best going against guys he could outhustle at 135, like Cassamayor or David Diaz. Katsidis throws about as many punches and hits harder, while Juan Diaz throws way more punches and is more technically sound a fighter. I just don't see too many guys at the top of 135 that would be good matchups for Manny.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)

135 is basically a black hole for Pinoy fighters who had success at 130. Not a good history for us at 135... and I don't think even Manny can break this barrier with his small frame.

BTW Amo.. don't know if you saw my post a few pages back, Czar Amonsot gonna retire. He was doing chores, something fell on his head and he got another blood clot. You can say its a blessing in disguise. His manager said, if that item (don't know what it was) can cause a blood clot, imagine a series of punches...

Anyway back to the 135 topic. One of the boxers who lost to Juan Diaz a couple years ago (Randy Suico) said that Juan throws alot... but doesn't have power... Him vs Manny have the potential to be an exciting fight. Diaz is the natural thicker guy though. Manny has a small frame, much smaller than Freitas and Suico so I too think he'll have trouble with this fight. But I still would love to see this happen. Suico has also knocked Manny down while sparring. Hopefully Juan will beat Julio.. then Juan will fight Kat and whoever wins that should fight Manny.

Quote:
on a side note - my trainer who's mexican btw believes that pacquiao is taking something. lol. idk what to think. he might. my trainer said that there's no way manny's power could have increased from 112 lbs all the way up to 126 lbs. i thought he was being salty, but you never know nowadays.
s knocking out 135 lb dudes like he did Morales back in Pac/Morales 3, then I won't be surprised if he's taking something :lol:
laugh.gif
Cebu Boxing

Thanks for the update on Czar. Sad to see that he's retiring, but i'm definitely happy they found this out from just a household appliance instead of a bunch of right hands.

As far as Juan Diaz, he's been said to have light power for a while now and his KO numbers reflect that. However, he's been flashing a bit more recently. His shots got to Acelino Freitas pretty well, and while Freitas is a quitter he does usually show a decent chin before he quits. He's also KO'd 4 of his last 6 opponents, which is a better rate then his career KO rate of 50%. Can't wait for the battle of the Diazes. Should be a good fight.

And also a good note, after this coming weekend i'll actually be able to watch the fights live and not have everyone putting out Missing Persons reports on me. Sure i had to quit my job to do it, but there was no way i was gonna work during Cotto-Mosley, Kessler-Calzaghe, and Mayweather-Hatton.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)

heads up Contender on tonight. Last fight of the 1st round. Both of these dudes been talking hell of trash since the start of the show. should be a good fight

EDIT:

Banks WIfe is :wow:
eek.gif
:wow:
eek.gif

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!
TEAMCOWBOYS

Yeah, both of their wifeys look smashable.

Banks surprised me. I thought Paul would've wiped the mat with him. But Paul isn't listening to his corner. Pepe is screaming "BODY, BODY!" and Paul keeps head-hunting.
Out

Yea she gotta tite lil body ...

these dudes are garbage.. .

david so tired if dude would just been goin downstairs to the body like pepe asked, this fight woulda been over...
I cant stand to see a fighter not listen at all to their trainer/cornermen (ahem SMH Zab Judah)
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

Popcorn & Raisinettes, My Life's a Movie

Back
Top Bottom