2007 NT Boxing Post: Thanks For A Great Year/ Please Lock

Juan stops Julio pressure , pressure , pressure thats what Juan Diaz is he isnt a big puncher but he is so active and always in your face you dont get a break and it break fighters down . He did a real good job tonight
TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX......​
[center

My dude Juan Diaz puts on another show... :pimp:
pimp.gif
TEAMGIANTS
TEAM BLACKBERRY
the stylish way to get things done

Juan Diaz boxed great he had nice 5-6 punch combos he doesn't have much power but got the job done vs Julio Diaz.

If Manny goes up to 135 he wouldn't get a win vs Juan Diaz this guy has good punching combos and i don't see Pacquiao's punches hurting the bigger guys at 135 which they entered tonight at 142-144 pounds. Manny is more effective at 130 and his punches wouldn't carry over to 135 IMO. But Manny needs to give Juan Manuel Marquez that rematch before moving up to 135 pounds.
Team AtlantaBraves

PacMan will run thru the 135s. I didnt see it til last nite, now Im almost positive.
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

Popcorn & Raisinettes, My Life's a Movie

Wow Gunna, i'm gonna say i have to disagree. I don't see how he can deal with Juan Diaz at 135. The man is relentless takes a good punch and is actually pretty hard to hit. He's better technically than Manny and may even have faster hands. I think at 135 their power would actually be fairly comparable as well. Against Katsidis there is no way Manny hits harder, and no way is he stronger. While Julio Diaz didn't look very good last night, he's usually pretty good boxer, and i don't think Manny is strong enough to bully Julio like Juan did. I think that is one Manny could win, but it would be close. Nate Campbell is a good fighter with an ugly record that could beat Manny if he doesn't have one of his mental lapses. Looking at the Ring Magazine top 10 at 135, the only guys i'd favor Manny over would be David Diaz (Big), Kid Diamond (slight), Anthony Peterson (slight), Jose Armando Santa Cruz (slight). I just can't see him running through the 135 pound division, a lot of good, underrated fighters there.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)
Rest In Peace to one of the fiercest warriors to ever step foot into the ring. His body may have passed, but his spirit will live on through his epic bouts. May his eternity be filled with cheering fans and loving family.

Amo, I dunno, Lets just say im now hoping PacMan moves up. what I saw last nite from juan was problems, He took alot of punches to get his off, and he just doesnt have heavy hands. I dont see him standin after 9 rounds of tradin with PacMan.
He could surprise me tho, I was givin him wayy too much credit before. and for the record I dont know what in the @#%$ Julio was doin ... It was like he never fought someone who throws alot of punches before, he just forgot everything he does best... SMH
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

Popcorn & Raisinettes, My Life's a Movie

Thats the thing, Juan didn't really take that many punches. Julio only landed 22% of his shots, and a third of his punches were jabs. Juan is harder to hit than he looks. Also, Its not just that Juan throws "a lot" of punches, he throws and INSANE amount of punches, and they're 99% power shots. Juan threw an average of like 100 punches around, landed 47%, and threw only something like 6 jabs per round. Nobody else fights like that. Thats part of what makes Juan so hard to fight. Everybody knows what they have to do to fight Juan, its not like they don't know what his style is before hand. When they get in there though, they panic and don't know how to handle it.

As far as Juan not being able to handle 9 rounds of Pacquiao's shots, i have to disagree. Acelino Freitas was one of the hardest hitting 130 pounders in HISTORY. at 130 he was 34-0 with 31 KO's. The 3 guys he didn't stop had never been stopped before, and 2 of them still have never been stopped. Juan ate Freitas' shots for 8 rounds and was not fazed one bit. If he can eat Freitas' punches for 8 rounds, i like his chances of eating Manny's. Besides, Juan's defense is MUCH better than Manny's and his chin is better too, imo.

RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)
Rest In Peace to one of the fiercest warriors to ever step foot into the ring. His body may have passed, but his spirit will live on through his epic bouts. May his eternity be filled with cheering fans and loving family.

If PacMan runs into Juan Diaz he will get his @#%$ handed to him . Juan is Bigger has good hand speed and will back Manny up all night and stop him . Manny cant fight going backwards as good as he is he would be out gunned
TEAMCOWBOYS
[center

Alfonso Gomez vs. Ben Tackie, tomorrow on ESPN.

I'll be watching, but I've never heard of Tackie.

:nerd:
nerd.gif
EQUIPO BOXEO
White Sox * Bulls * Bears​

Tackie is the trial-horse of the division. He's tough and goes some rounds, and gives you a good idea of where you stand. Win and you're fairly legit, dominate and you're very legit, lose and you are a fraud. His only losses have been to good fighters. He's been on the slide a little bit though, so beating him is not quite the accomplishment it was, but its still a good victory
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)

Didn't Juan used to campaign at the 140 lb division?? Anyway, Pac... say no to Juan! Juan's just too big and strong... not to mention he got great speed, technique and defense. Pac really should stay at 130 and give Marquez the rematch or fight Valero or Guzman.

Yo, Amo or someone.. care to explain this to me... Since Juan unified the belt, can he still fight David Diaz? Doesn't he still have a belt right?

Though i'm looking forward for a Juan vs Kat fight. Juan has more speed and volume, but Kat's punches look like they hurt more...
Cebu Boxing​
Gorres, Banal, Bautista, Amonsot, Penalosa​
TEAMSANDIEGO C H ARG E R S

im go check out that Alfonso Gomez vs. Ben Tackie fight 2morrow at the home depot center, got free tickets and never been to a boxing event live so figured i would give it a look.

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!
TEAMCOWBOYS

good call, should be a decent fight. Tackie is tough and Gomez is always in good fights.

And to Dako, i don't exactly know what you mean by can Juan fight David Diaz. David Diaz DOES still have a belt though, the WBC title.
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)

^^ i guess what i meant, since Juan already beat Julio... shouldn't he fight David next? I guess i worded it wrong in my previous post.
Cebu Boxing​

Dako , Yeah he can fight David Diaz , but get this the WBO has Mandated Juan to fight Katsidis ...WOW . Tackie vs Gomez Gomez should walk through him Ben's done tough guy but way past it
TEAMCOWBOYS
[center

Pavlik to face Duddy

www.vindy.com/content/sports/local_regional/295862136988715.php
Quote:
The fight in Atlantic City is the Youngstown middleweight's first title defense.

By JOE SCALZO

VINDICATOR SPORTS STAFF

YOUNGSTOWN Talk about your fighting Irish.

Youngstown's Kelly Pavlik, who has Irish, Italian and Slovak roots, will defend his WBC middleweight title against one of boxing's biggest draws in Ireland native John Duddy.

The fight, which is scheduled to take place Jan. 26 at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City and will be televised on HBO, is almost sure to be a sellout given Duddy's fanatic following in nearby New York City (where he now lives) and the Youngstown contingent that cheered on Pavlik for September's bout with Jermain Taylor in Atlantic City.

"It's going to be crazier than last time," said Pavlik's co-manager Cameron Dunkin. "It'll be nuts and it's going to be so much fun."

Promoters originally wanted the fight to take place at Madison Square Garden on St. Patrick's Day, but the arena was already booked for the NCAA Tournament. Because Felix Trinidad is likely to fight Roy Jones Jr. Jan. 19 at the Garden, they opted to move the fight to Atlantic City, a convenient location for fans of both fighters.

"I'd much rather fight in the Garden, but Atlantic City is great for us," said Pavlik's trainer, Jack Loew. "The fans showed a lot of support."

At least 5,000 Youngstown-area fans traveled to Atlantic City for the Taylor fight and promoters are expecting at least that many in January. Duddy, meanwhile, will be able to draw from his fan base in New York, along with the large Irish contingent in nearby Philadelphia and even Boston, said Duddy's matchmaker, Jim Borzell.

"John's a very charismatic guy," Borzell said. "John makes a lot of money, unlike Kelly, for just a regular fight. Nothing against Kelly, but he hasn't drawn the kind of numbers that John brought in last year.

"For our last Garden show, they did $600,000 in business just on the show. That's nothing to laugh at."

Taylor, who suffered the first loss of his career when he was knocked out by Pavlik in the seventh round, had an automatic, non-title rematch clause at 166 pounds. Although he told reporters several times he planned to trigger the clause, that seems unlikely.

"If they want to do a rematch, we'll do it," said Dunkin. "Kelly wants that fight."

Added Loew, "I told everybody that wasn't going to be the first fight back. They [Taylor's promoters] could have pushed the issue if they wanted."

Pavlik (32-0, 29 KOs) will be more experienced than Duddy (21-0, 16 KOs), even though the Irishman is 28 three years older than Pavlik. At 6-foot-2, Pavlik also has a height advantage against the 5-11 Duddy.

Although several fighters were mentioned as possible opponents for Pavlik, including Sergio Mora, IBF champion Arthur Abraham and WBA champion Felix Sturm, Duddy's fan base and potential proved irresistible.

"I don't think he [Duddy] is up to Kelly's level right now," said Loew. "But we're going to train as hard as we can. We want to hang on to this championship for awhile.

"I don't know if it's going to be a long or a quick evening for Duddy, but either way it's not in his favor."

Duddy will fight a tune-up bout with 6-foot-3 Englishman Prince Arron (10-2) Saturday in Dublin, Ireland. He had been scheduled to fight Uruguay's Noe Tulio Gonzalez Alcob but he was forced to withdraw with a detached retina. Another Duddy bout, which would have taken place Dec. 8, has been canceled.

"Fighting someone 6-3 kind of helps out a little bit because he'll be working against a guy near Kelly's size," said Borzell. "We're delighted about the bout.

"To me, it's [the Pavlik bout] gonna be a major shootout. I don't know how long it's gonna last. Kelly's a big banger and John can [punch] fairly hard himself."

The Jan. 26 date, which comes almost four months after the Taylor fight, will give Pavlik a chance to potentially fight four times in 2008.

"The kid will make a helluva buck," said Loew.

In the meantime, Pavlik, who could not be reached for comment, has a busy schedule lined up. He flipped the coin before Sunday's Dolphins-Browns game and he's scheduled to throw out the first pitch before tonight's American League Championship Series game between the Indians and Red Sox at Jacobs Field.

Pavlik, who also won the WBO title against Taylor, will attend the WBO convention in Puerto Rico at the end of the month to accept the "Fighter of the Year" award. Dunkin has received several calls from promoters wanting Pavlik to attend upcoming bouts across the country all expenses paid.

Pavlik is also scheduled to attend the Nov. 10 fight between Miguel Cotto and Shane Mosley at Madison Square Garden, then fly back to attend the next day's Browns-Steelers game at Heinz Field.

Ohio State coach Jim Tressel has also invited Pavlik to travel with the team Nov. 17 for the Buckeyes' game at Michigan.

"Everyone just loves this guy," said Dunkin.

@#%$, why didnt JT ask for a rematch??

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
TEAMCOWBOYS

Quote:
The fight, which is scheduled to take place Jan. 26
RIP Diego Corrales
40-5 (33 KO's)

Duddy is not ready yet. He needs to step up his level of comp before a fight like this.

Anybody watching the Sergio Mora fight? His 1st fight in about a year. Not looking very impressive right now, I got him losing the 1st 4 rounds...
-|LESGodSonC0|-

TEAMYANKEES

TEAMGIANTS

just got back from watching the fights

Sergio Mora SUCKS @#%$ SO BAD :lol:
laugh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
TEAMCOWBOYS

^^ aw man... would have loved to see pics... i guess they were worried about video taping fights?
Cebu Boxing​

Back
Top Bottom