2008 NBA Playoffs Taunts, Celebrations, And Hand Gestures Unappreciation Post

From Pierce gang signs, John Cena's U Cant See Me wave, Diamond Cutter sign, Kobe's guns in his holster, Jersey popping, etc.... Its just pathetic...If im missing some please chime in... I dont know if Kg has done his beating the ball with his head routine on the ft line but throw that in there as well...Everyone is a showboat now....

brought to you by a pimp slap with a backhand ...

yeah the actual basketball game during the playoffs have taken a back seat to theatrics and shenanigans

nothing wrong with any celebrations....... let them have fun you boring fan. I guess you want the NBA like the NFL, No Fun Leauge. Just go out and put yourbody on the line, thats it. Lame....

Appreciated

pimp.gif

I love all the drama. These have been the most exciting playoffs in a couple years.

This is why I appreciate things like that. The emotion is back in the game. Two years ago, players wouldnt say a thing on the court. They woudnt make anyaction as to caring. Now, in every series, there has been hostility towards the opponent... for one reason; they have that extra drive, in order to come out ontop. Finally, teams are showing emotion again. I know its not what the 90's used to be like, but its a step in the right direction.

I like it. You can tell that now players really do care.

maybe players should thank eachother and give eachother a pat on the butt after they score on eachother.... would that be better???

This is what happens when the westcoast has an arms race. The whole league is on the brink of war. Its beautiful really.

Give me a break. It's high intensity competition at it's finest. Emotions will run high. If you're that much of a square, go watch the WestminsterKennel Club Dog show or some @@##......

It's appreciated ESPECIALLY Kobe since he had all the reason to that game.

Originally Posted by manamazing55

I miss the players that used to act like they'd been there before

like who?

please don't say MJ, Scottie, Reggie Miller, Gary Payton, Barkley, or most of the other stars of the 90s...
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
at you acting like this is new. showing emotion is as old ascompetition itself. you thought you would sound like the "wise intelligent NBA fan" or something with that comment, i love when dudes try to do thaton here

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by manamazing55

I miss the players that used to act like they'd been there before

like who?

please don't say MJ, Scottie, Reggie Miller, Gary Payton, Barkley, or most of the other stars of the 90s...
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
at you acting like this is new. showing emotion is as old as competition itself. you thought you would sound like the "wise intelligent NBA fan" or something with that comment, i love when dudes try to do that on here
You ALL are missing the point. Its normal to do it when its a big play BUT these guys do it for the littlest of things on court. Its more a reaction toshow up your opponent than it is a reaction from an accomplishment...

Thats what seperates this generation from the old. I guess you guys are too young to understand that...

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

This is why I appreciate things like that. The emotion is back in the game. Two years ago, players wouldnt say a thing on the court. They woudnt make any action as to caring. Now, in every series, there has been hostility towards the opponent... for one reason; they have that extra drive, in order to come out on top. Finally, teams are showing emotion again. I know its not what the 90's used to be like, but its a step in the right direction.

I like it. You can tell that now players really do care.

Exactly.
I don't get the sporting public sometimes. A couple years ago everyone was crying about how nobody played with intensity and passion, how playerswere too chummy on the court and that MJ-era players wouldn't have had any of that, etc. Now we finally have some genuinely heated series going on, andpeople are crying about showboating, etc.

I could understand it if all the games/series were garbage, but the vast majority of them have been pretty damn good in terms of competitive basketball andevenly-matched series.

I agree, but ....There is a fine line though...

Some of these guys are all about doing it for show, for the crowd and for the media.

And because of that, Some of it is lame.

Back
Top Bottom