2009-10 adidas Basketball thread

dnv, I have a review waiting to be published on a different shoe website, so I can't put up my review yet, but I will tell you I have parked every shoe in the rotation for the last two weeks of ball to keep enjoying these. If you liked the Creators for last year, picture them crossed with the IPS Jordans crossed with Nike Free. Each pod feels like a little cushioning segment that flexes as that part of your foot moves. Independent but together. I HIGHLY recommend these, ut try to try them on first - for me I had to go up a 1/2 size, while most have stayed true. They just felt too tight across my toes in my regular size, but most have stayed the same.

Thanks guy!

Pocketlint - Thanks for your opinion.  I really appreciate it.  I'm actually looking for the all black colorway, so I'm going to have to go hunt them down in the area or just give them an order online. 

Duke - ALWAYS ALWAYS appreciated!  I've tried most of the shoes you reviewed and recommended and have not gone wrong.  I have not purchased a pair of basketball shoes for retail in a while but I think I just might have to close my eyes and fork over for these. 

Thanks guy!  At work right now, but I'm probably going to go after to try and get these. 

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

Originally Posted by kiddwill58

adidas this season
pimp.gif

pretty much

I want to make Peja's colorway on MiAdidas but they don't have enough options.
frown.gif

I'm still goin' to do a pair similar, though.

Hoop in em for 2 hours straight last night. In love with these shoes. Very good grip and lock down and court feel. Only thing for me was that my foot did get pretty hot. But not enough to deter me. Love'em can't wait for them to go on sale to pick up more. Going to shelf my other kicks in rotation for the time being.

Originally Posted by dnvtran

Thanks guy!

Pocketlint - Thanks for your opinion.  I really appreciate it.  I'm actually looking for the all black colorway, so I'm going to have to go hunt them down in the area or just give them an order online. 

Duke - ALWAYS ALWAYS appreciated!  I've tried most of the shoes you reviewed and recommended and have not gone wrong.  I have not purchased a pair of basketball shoes for retail in a while but I think I just might have to close my eyes and fork over for these. 

Thanks guy!  At work right now, but I'm probably going to go after to try and get these. 
The all-blacks are what I got. If they release the other D-Rose CW (the home one), I might have to sell mine and cop the homes. 
laugh.gif

Thanks guys.  Checked out the local mall the other day.  Very very sparse selection of Adidas basketball shoes.  No luck at Footlocker but finally found a pair of the supernatural creators at Champs in the back back, not even in the basketball section (sad).  The color was a white/red based colorway with red being on the toe patented leather part.  Got handed the box and right off the bat, weighed nothing, even considering the box.  Tried on my natural size and they felt great.  Just as described by Duke with the pod system.  Unfortunately I wasn't too keen on the colorway.  Probably check out a few more stores this weekend and if I don't find a colorway I'm liking, I'll have to resort to ordering them online.

Thanks guys!

Pocket, you are a minor? That is funny. I am probably old enought to be your dad, and you really contribute some good stuff to both boards. Good job, kid.

Originally Posted by duke4005

Pocket, you are a minor? That is funny. I am probably old enought to be your dad, and you really contribute some good stuff to both boards. Good job, kid.

laugh.gif

Thanks, though. I'm not really that knowledgable/technical and shizz about sneakers. I just say what I feel. 
happy.gif

how are the supernatural lows in terms of performance ... it looks like they have the pods on the bottom also.

Where can you buy those at all? Any sizes?

I saw the creators in person tonight and I absolutely fell in love. I need a good review on these to convince me though. Everything so far is sounding like these are great. I'm just use to JB/Nike for my basketball shoes. I haven't had an Adidas bball shoe since the T-Mac 1 and I HATED those. I'm very nervous to get these...

Duke can give you one. I think he was one on another forum, if I remember right. I can tell you though that the individual pods really help make the movement of the foot feel more natural. It doesn't make the foot feel like it's forcing itself to flex, move, or do whatever. It makes the different parts of the foot work individually so that the only part of the foot that's supposed to exert energy is the only one that will do so. The pods really feel comfy. I think it's made with some kind of special foam (am I right Duke?) which is, I think, the adiprene+. It might feel funky at first but then as you start to jog more, it really feels awesome. It's like you're walking on clouds, but still being able to move as quick as you do on land. The ankle cushioning is really thick too and it gives you some extra comfort. For the fit, it's snug but not constricting, which makes it feel like you're wearing another skin. My only problem is that they're not selling the D-Rose homes here in my country and also the tongue is a bit thin, which makes it feel just a teeny bit bothersome. Overall, it's the best basketball shoe I've ever used.
smile.gif

EDIT: Lulz, I just realized I gave a short review of my own. 
laugh.gif

I will have it up on the reviews section here and on ISS by 10:00, but yeah, Pocket, you are right, it is the individual pods working under the foot. However, the adiprene+ is in the midsole directly under the insole, not in the pods.

Got these today. FL didn't have the Homes so I got these at Champs. Haven't seen them posted up. Can't wait to get these on the court!

m79pox.jpg

a0wg9v.jpg

1539nab.jpg

My review is up on Counterkicks.com If I can brag, it looks great, thanks to the guys over there.

Originally Posted by duke4005

My review is up on Counterkicks.com If I can brag, it looks great, thanks to the guys over there.
smh.gif
How full of yourself can you be? Go pedal your stuff somewhere else, nobody here is interested.

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif

Good job on the review, really enjoyed reading it. Glad you've got another outlet to share all that knowledge.

On an unrelated note; adidas, where's the Billups c/w at?

The review does look awesome.

Damn tomorrow can't get here fast enough. So ready to play ball.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Crazy EBW wrote:

Got these today. FL didn't have the Homes so I got these at Champs. Haven't seen them posted up. Can't wait to get these on the court!

m79pox.jpg

a0wg9v.jpg

1539nab.jpg

The next Rose CW i buy
pimp.gif

Wow. Never saw those before. I thought those were the Clips ones that Eric Gordon uses. Nice pick-up though, man.
glasses.gif

Back
Top Bottom