2009 Concacaf Gold Cup Final: Mexico Champions. Vol. Aug 12 just got serious.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by socluis90

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

More than half of the Mexico team that won the Gold Cup will face the United States again on Aug. 12 in a critical World Cup qualifier at Azteca Stadium. Coach Javier Aguirre chose 12 players from the Gold Cup team that beat the United States 5-0 in Sunday's final.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

yep... both teams sure played the same caliber of players.

These players "earned" their way to the main Mex team is the next excuse
laugh.gif

That's not an excuse, it's the truth which is why you were quick to say it. Unlike the U.S. who's had their coach and his players and system in place for a while, Mexico has had to go through 4 coaches the past few years. Hugo/Chucho/Sven/Aguirre have all had a different core of players called up to play for the NT. Different coaches have tried difference systems with different players and nothing has seemed to work out for the better until this gold cup. Mexico played decent with what was considered their B team and Aguirre seems to want to go with the flow and keep the same core together since they have all worked together and had success (which is something that hasn't happened in a few years). People who were expected to get called up didn't and a lot of players from the Gold Cup squad who weren't expected to called up did based on their performance. I don't blame Aguirre since he's going with what has worked and added major pieces. Hopefully it works out.

That's what we were trying to tell you during the whole GC. You guys had a better roster of players and more of your players would play in Azteca than ourswould.

Either way I think this can go both ways for Mexico. This can either be like 01 where they woke up at the end of qualifying and made a run for the last spot orit can be a wrap if these players don't produce in WCQ.

All I know is Mexico has 3 hard games in a row vs US, CR, and Hon coming up. I think they need at least 6 points if they want to compete for that #3 slot andthat Honduras game is a must win. More than this US game.

That's what we were trying to tell you during the whole GC. You guys had a better roster of players and more of your players would play in Azteca than ours would.

Bingo.... everyone's calling us salty, we're just telling it like it is. Mexico brought a team to win the gold cup, we brought a team to compete. AndMexico fans won't admit this.
roll.gif

i know this is not the right place but is anyone going to see barca play at the rose bowl this saturday??

Originally Posted by dalilboy

i know this is not the right place but is anyone going to see barca play at the rose bowl this saturday??
Yup me and Socluis90 going through and some other friends

Originally Posted by 951guero

Originally Posted by dalilboy

Yup me and Socluis90 going through and some other friends
oh koo im going cant wait it will be a good game

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

good, now i can shut all of my teammates up..so they are basically going to have the gold cup roster vs. our A-team. lol
werent dudes saying that mexico had their a team? Yall some silly fans i swear that saltiness is still obvious of course.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]ARRIBA LA SELECCION AHUEVO[/color]

That's what we were trying to tell you during the whole GC. You guys had a better roster of players and more of your players would play in Azteca than ours would.

Bingo.... everyone's calling us salty, we're just telling it like it is. Mexico brought a team to win the gold cup, we brought a team to compete. And Mexico fans won't admit this.
roll.gif

WHY WOULD YOU BRING A TEAM ONLY TO COMPETE THO? THEY DONT WANT TO WIN O K PEDO?
tired.gif
tired.gif

AND DUDES TALKING LIKE THEY PUT A FIGHT IN THAT MEXICO GAME IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY MEXICO SCORED FIVE GOLS. HOW MANY DID USA SCORE?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TOUCH MONEY

Bingo.... everyone's calling us salty, we're just telling it like it is. Mexico brought a team to win the gold cup, we brought a team to compete. And Mexico fans won't admit this.
roll.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

because we have a ton of international games this summer - and it would be stupid to play our guys all those games when we have more importantfish to fry at the end of this stretch... plus, it wasn't that important of a tournament, so why not get some younger guys work. I mean, even though webrought our C team we still made the finals and played even up there for the first 55 minutes...not like we couldn't hold our own til we lost ourcomposure.

Originally Posted by TOUCH MONEY

Craftsy21 wrote:

That's what we were trying to tell you during the whole GC. You guys had a better roster of players and more of your players would play in Azteca than
ours would.

Bingo.... everyone's calling us salty, we're just telling it like it is. Mexico brought a team to win the gold cup, we brought a team to compete. And
Mexico fans won't admit this.
roll.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

because we have a ton of international games this summer - and it would be stupid to play our guys all those games when we have more important fish to fry at the end of this stretch... plus, it wasn't that important of a tournament, so why not get some younger guys work. I mean, even though we brought our C team we still made the finals and played even up there for the first 55 minutes...not like we couldn't hold our own til we lost our composure.

BINGO!!!

beat us in a tournament that matters. 2-0.

Should be a great game tomorrow, seen about 10 usa jerseys today! Viva USA hay te veo manana Luis, unless you are going to yuppies.

yo im on my way there right now. gona have a red and black lrg shirt and i'm suntanned as $#*@ already. introduce yourself if you see me.

Originally Posted by amarusgear

Should be a great game tomorrow, seen about 10 usa jerseys today! Viva USA hay te veo manana Luis, unless you are going to yuppies.

whyd you bump this thread?

Back
Top Bottom