2009 football/soccer summer transfer rumors

^ I'll be watchin... thanks for keepin things rollin over the off-season...
icon_drink.gif

Originally Posted by Curious24

why didnt liverscum go after silva instead of aquilani? doesnt make any sense to me
because they needed a replacement alonso who was a central midfielder and sometimes a defensive minded or holding midfielder. silva is anattacking midfielder or winger.

why didnt liverscum go after silva instead of aquilani? doesnt make any sense to me
Uhhh...maybe because they lost a central midfielder and needed another central midfielder to replace him?

Aquillani living up to his injury prone reputation...dude is out for the first 2 months of this season recovering from ankle surgery
smh.gif

tired.gif

http://goal.com/en/news/1...ue-dies-of-heart-failure

[h1]Espanyol Captain Daniel Jarque Dies Of Heart Failure[/h1] [h2]Football has been dealt another tragic blow...[/h2] [h4]8 Aug 2009 22:16:40[/h4]

33392_news.jpg

Photo Gallery

Zoom

Jarque - Espanyol (Marca)
Newly-appointed Espanyol captain Dani Jarque was found dead in his Coviciana hotel room tonight.

The centre-back is said to have suffered from heart failure some time after returning from training during Espanyol's pre-season tour of Italy.

The tragic news came only one month after the player - who had spent his entire professional career at the club - was appointed captain of the Parakeets.

Jarque's death comes two years after the death of Sevilla's Antonio Puerta, who collapsed on the field during his team's Spanish league match against Getafe.

The news was officially confirmed on the Liga side's official website.

Stephen Crawford, Goal.com

When does the transfer window shut? And what does Real need with Ribery? They are stacked in the midfield, unless they plan to offload alot of players nextsummer.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Uhhh...maybe because they lost a central midfielder and needed another central midfielder to replace him?

Aquillani living up to his injury prone reputation...dude is out for the first 2 months of this season recovering from ankle surgery
smh.gif
isnt that why they have benayoun? i dont think aquillani is better than him. From my understanding last year they had trouble attacking from thewings with babel...riera on the right and silva on the left would fit well.

Carlos Tevez i dont take into consideration anything you say based on the prediction you made. 20m for an average player vs 30m for a star is idiotic forliverppol

smh.gif
isnt that why they have benayoun? i dont think aquillani is better than him. From my understanding last year they had trouble attacking from the wings with babel...riera on the right and silva on the left would fit well.

Carlos Tevez i dont take into consideration anything you say based on the prediction you made. 20m for an average player vs 30m for a star is idiotic for liverppol

Xabi Alonso a star? Honestly I'm a fan of his but he only had one good season with us and that was last year. Last year at this time we couldn't getrid of him.

2-2 at 90mins...4-1 to Chelsea on penalties...

smh.gif
at Evra's spotkick...

and Van Der Sar needs to recover asap...
judging from the Community Shield's performance,Foster's not ready yet...

but the one thing that worries me the most is the lack of depth in the squad...
the subs' bench looked lightweight compared to Chelsea...it might haunt United in the long,gruelling season...

^ agreed. fosters not ready.

imma Madrid fan. & I've been one since forever: but I'm still not happy at the fact that xabi alonso has gone to Madrid. Liverpool had the uefachampionship material squad. but I'm glad he went to Madrid and not Barcelona. as long as barca doesn't repeat everything im straight .

Originally Posted by bossjulio

^ agreed. fosters not ready.

imma Madrid fan. & I've been one since forever: but I'm still not happy at the fact that xabi alonso has gone to Madrid. Liverpool had the uefa championship material squad. but I'm glad he went to Madrid and not Barcelona. as long as barca doesn't repeat everything im straight .

You know damn well that Barcelona will be repeating at least one trophy
tired.gif

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

smh.gif
isnt that why they have benayoun? i dont think aquillani is better than him. From my understanding last year they had trouble attacking from the wings with babel...riera on the right and silva on the left would fit well.

Carlos Tevez i dont take into consideration anything you say based on the prediction you made. 20m for an average player vs 30m for a star is idiotic for liverppol

Xabi Alonso a star? Honestly I'm a fan of his but he only had one good season with us and that was last year. Last year at this time we couldn't get rid of him.
Xabi Alonso IS a star. He's one of the greatest backs in soccer today. I'd pay 30 million for him any day.

laugh.gif
smh.gif
@ DCUnited's defence today. How are you gonna give Real Madrid THAT much space? Anyways, Robben is a very good player, it's too bad he can never stayhealthy. Being a depth player for Real might be a good thing for him, it may keep him fresh all season.

Real should be happy with the attacking options that they already have but reports suggest that Real have an agreement in place with Bayern that would allowRibery to join them next summer. For such an agreement to be in place, I think that Real would've had to have offered Bayern atleast the amount needed tobuy Kaka. Maybe 65-70 million Euros.

I wanted to share and thought this was the best thread to do so (besides the regional too)...

Bonus...
09435c25e16ed5907d57885650dd2dec94f6343.jpg

...few more pictures on my Flickr page from this game and maybe evenfrom other recent games.

By the way, I hate to say it but the reality is I knew DC was going to lose, it's just two whole different levels of competition... with that said, DC gaveme false hope after holding them to 0-0 at the half... I was
happy.gif
After,the first goal (I was
ohwell.gif
), they just feel apart HARD and that first goalwas just a breakdown in the defense, they was waiting for him to pass but he didn't, took it in all the way himself... crazy.

By the way, great crowd and it was BLAZING HOT!
devil.gif

1244 BST: Hull City boss Phil Brown has revealed striker Henri Camara, available on a free transfer after leaving Wigan Athletic, could be close to a move.(Hull Daily Mail)

Brown said: "If we can sit down and thrash out a deal, then there's a possibility he could be a Hull City player. I'm sure we'll do that inthe next 48 hours."

1230 BST: Portsmouth boss Paul Hart has rejected speculation that David Nugent will definitely leave. The striker was sent home recently from a tourto Portugal. (football365.com)

1119 BST: Liverpool are keen on signing Japanese star Keisuke Honda, who is currently playing in Holland for VVV Venlo. (Sky Sports)

1015 BST: Everton are tracking Paris St Germain midfielder Stephane Sessegnon. (L'Equipe)

0915 BST: Blackburn are closing in on Nantes midfielder Aurelien Capoue with the 27-year-old midfielder set to seal a loan move. (L'Equipe)

http:// TRANSFER GOSSIP

Manchester City are set to turn their sights towards West Ham centre-half Matthew Upson after having two bids for Everton defender Joleon Lescottrejected.
Full story: The Guardian

Barcelona are preparing a variety of tactics in an attempt to capture Arsenal's Spanish midfielder Cesc Fabregas, with a fund of at least £25m and anumber of fringe players set to be offered.
Full story: The Times

Mark Viduka's move to Portsmouth is in doubt, with the threat of administration still hovering over the Premier League club. The strikercurrently has no club after being released by Newcastle.
Full story: Various

Aston Villa's PFA Young Player of the Year Ashley Young is unlikely to be released, says Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp, who has been linked to theEngland winger. (Press Association)

Liverpool are considering a move for Stoke's 21-year-old centre-half Ryan Shawcross.
Full story: Daily Mail

Derby County are on the verge of signing 19-year-old Tottenham midfielder Jake Livermore on loan. (Daily Mirror)

http:// OTHER GOSSIP

David Beckham has received a heap of praise from Los Angeles Galaxy team-mate Landon Donovan after the 2-1 win at New England in Major LeagueSoccer. The American striker, who recently questioned Beckham's commitment following the England midfielder's loan spell at AC Milan, said:"David's been great since he's been back, in every way."
Full story: The Sun

http:// AND FINALLY
It could be a long season for one Norwich City fan, who threw away his season ticket in disgust after only 22 minutes of their opening matchagainst Colchester. Colchester scored their fourth goal as the fan ran on to the pitch and offloaded his prize possession in front of manager Bryan Gunn. TheCanaries went on to lose 7-1.

smh.gif

benayoun is more of an attacking mid. he can fit in on either wing or as an attacking central mid. he's not a CM like xabi. that said, aquilani doesn'texactly play the same type of CM xabi does as he's more of a box to box midfielder. but having him in the lineup would allow another attacking thread tofill in the gap between mascherano and gerrard.

whether or not he's better than benayoun is debatable since they play different positions, and aquilani is too injury prone.

smh.gif

Xabi Alonso a star? Honestly I'm a fan of his but he only had one good season with us and that was last year. Last year at this time we couldn't get rid of him.
well, it depends on what you consider a star. he doesn't get the attention and media hype like guys like gerrard, torres, ronaldo, kaka, etc.but that's just xabi's personality and style of play. he just goes about his game under the light.

that said, c'mon. he's had more than one good season. and last year, liverpool couldn't wait to sell him because they needed funds for garethbarry. most liverpool fans wanted to keep xabi as opposed to selling him for barry.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

smh.gif

Xabi Alonso IS a star. He's one of the greatest backs in soccer today. I'd pay 30 million for him any day.

huh?

Back
Top Bottom