2009 MLB All Star Game Thread 8PM/EST FOX

The Yankee hate is heavy in thread... lol why can't we all just be friends and give eachother props?

bobby1109:
WickedNikes:
bobby1109:
You're trying Wicked Haahd to get lulz.

laugh.gif

who me?

laugh.gif
nah SKA.
I thought was directed at me.
laugh.gif
I had replied to it atfirst, but then when Wicked replied, I thought 'Oh, that wasn't to me,' and edited.
bobby1109:
You're trying Wicked Haahd to get lulz.

laugh.gif

"Don't be hatin'."

laugh.gif

Nah, I never try for laughs. Either it's funny, or it's not. Most of the time with me, it's not.
laugh.gif

^ If you would have highlighted Yankees in October instead of just Yankees you would have nailed it.

laugh.gif

Damn, i dont blame Lincecum for the nervous performance he had. First time in the All-Star, starter at that. In front on the president, and he had the NLlosing streak to think about. So i wont worry about that too much because at the end of the day, TIm Lincecum > your favorite pitcher. And when he nailedjeter, LMAO

Also Pablo would have made the throw that Wright messed up on in the first. And smh at Pujols getting an error. If it wasnt for that Timmy probably wouldnthave allowed a run

Don't for a second think that sandoval couldve made a better throw than wright the man is not on wrights level you pushin it I don't even like themets.. you have to give credit when credit is do

Originally Posted by JPZx

AL
8c336d3919038cb35eafea494dd5b73bafd40646.gif
Basically.

This is just another reason that the AL is greater than the NL. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know this. The AL always dominates ininter-league games as well. It's just a better league.

Originally Posted by iLL I AM

Pujols went 0-3 with an error and the GOAT of all closers, who happens to be a Yankee, gets another save in the ASG.

...Somebody get First Born's body out of Busch Stadium, he might have really jumped off this time.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

I'm sure he'll be in here with a .gif in a couple hours to echo his feelings...
laugh.gif
@ people thinking that I would jump. It wouldn't be afar fall since I was 8 rows up from the NL dugout. The atmosphere was truly remarkable and being in Busch III for the last 2 days has been
pimp.gif
. I just wish I would have been here in 06 when the Cards won it all. Anyways, itwas a great experience and though I was bummed that the NL lost, it really didn't matter too much. I don't believe in home field advantage in any sportto tell you the truth. I still believe fan voting is overrated and that the best product isn't always starting. Booing the only Cub that managed to makethe trip was priceless though. I already secured my tickets for Anaheim next year, which will be nice because it's only 35 miles from Pasadena.

Originally Posted by dland24

0 for 3 with an error that led to two AL runs. Thanks for coming Albert.
smh.gif
bfb25724597f9692b09fa09aab1d0d88fa075aa.gif

Albert's charged error was a difficult play to execute, especially with the runner in motion. He played the ball wrong and unfortunately it allowed the ALto capitalize. If your boy Lincecum would have pitched like he has played before the NL doesn't lose wise $%#. I really can't say anything about the0-3, Albert didn't execute.

[h1]http://deadspin.com/5315119/yes-this-creepy-person-was-a-marketing-ploy-by-fox[/h1]
[h1]Yes, This Creepy Person Was a Marketing Ploy By Fox[/h1]
By DAULERIO, 9:30 AM on Wed Jul 15 2009, 2,081 views (Edit, to draft, Top, Slurp)
Copy this whole post to another site

Slurp cancel

progressIndicator_roller.gif

select site advertising consumerist deadspin defamer fleshbot gay fleshbot gawker gizmodo idolator io9 jalopnik jezebel kotaku lifehacker valleywag artists gawkershop

504x_ALL-STAR-CREEP-1.jpg
Got an image you'd like to see in here first thing in the morning? Send it to [email protected]. Subject: Morning crap

Many emails littered our inbox last night night asking about the weird bald-looking dude who received an uncomfortable level of face-time during the All-Star game. Of course, this is a sneaky Fox promotion for a television show. I guess we've fallen for it as well since I'm now writing about it. But here's the WIkipedia info on "The Observer":
The Observer is also seen on occasion in other Fox programs. For example, on April 7, 2009, the Observer was seen on American Idol. He was on the front row and blatantly shown near the beginning of the episode. This appearance, along with others at televised sports events, including a close-up appearance at the 2009 Major League Baseball All-Star game, is part of a viral marketing campaign by Fox Television.
Bastards.

roll.gif
Kiddin Like Jason wrote:

[h1]http://deadspin.com/5315119/yes-this-creepy-person-was-a-marketing-ploy-by-fox[/h1]
[h1]Yes, This Creepy Person Was a Marketing Ploy By Fox[/h1]
By DAULERIO, 9:30 AM on Wed Jul 15 2009, 2,081 views (Edit, to draft, Top, Slurp)
Copy this whole post to another site

Slurp cancel

progressIndicator_roller.gif

select site advertising consumerist deadspin defamer fleshbot gay fleshbot gawker gizmodo idolator io9 jalopnik jezebel kotaku lifehacker valleywag artists gawkershop

504x_ALL-STAR-CREEP-1.jpg
Got an image you'd like to see in here first thing in the morning? Send it to [email protected]. Subject: Morning crap

Many emails littered our inbox last night night asking about the weird bald-looking dude who received an uncomfortable level of face-time during the All-Star game. Of course, this is a sneaky Fox promotion for a television show. I guess we've fallen for it as well since I'm now writing about it. But here's the WIkipedia info on "The Observer":
The Observer is also seen on occasion in other Fox programs. For example, on April 7, 2009, the Observer was seen on American Idol. He was on the front row and blatantly shown near the beginning of the episode. This appearance, along with others at televised sports events, including a close-up appearance at the 2009 Major League Baseball All-Star game, is part of a viral marketing campaign by Fox Television.
Bastards.

roll.gif
roll.gif
genius

hey do you guys know that since Arod's return he has the most homeruns, R.B.I, and his team has the best record baseball? imo Arod is STILL the best playerin the game... cardinal fans relax
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

hey do you guys know that since Arod's return he has the most homeruns, R.B.I, and his team has the best record baseball? imo Arod is STILL the best player in the game... cardinal fans relax
laugh.gif
Your opinion doesn't matter
laugh.gif

By the way the game was great, like to see my boy adam jones finally get some recognition, and mo continues to get the job done in the all star game

Back
Top Bottom