2009 UAAP-NCAA Thread

Discussions are getting hotter as the UAAP / NCAA wars get near. Before the tip-off let's first talk about the recruits, player movements, teamdevelopments, pre-season tourneys etc...

Let's start with Arvie Bringas...he's currently plaiyng for DLSU Green Archers in Fil-Oil Tourney alongside Sam Marata and other blue-chiprecruits.
smokin.gif

First off,

Rabeh Al-Husseini is a BIG BABY WHINER, I've been watching some Fil-Oil Flying-V games and boy does he complain!

Now his Tim Duncan transformation is complete! If he wants to survive with the big boys(PBA), he better get used to becoming an enforcer in the shaded lane andnot coast at times just because calls aren't going his way. He needs to bulk up more too.

Bringas, under-sized 4, then again all Filipino 4s ARE under sized!

He'll help DLSU, with JV and Rico now out of the team, but the future looks bright with Joshua Webb,Bader, and that Tolentino guy #24(?).

I hope UST comes with a strong lineup this season, Clark Bautista is something special, he should be handed the reigns to this team hehe.

GO USTE!

Rabeh sucks, if he doesn't play at his MVP level like last year, ADMU will have hard time defending the crown. Jai Reyes is playing great naka Jordan 11pa.

FEU will be good this year. Barroca will carry the team.

FEU apparently acquires the services of former CESAFI Jrs. MVP Marty John Pearce.

All in the Family for Letran Knights for Coach Louie Alas because his 2 sons will play together this NCAA Season 85. They have high school sensations Jun Alasand Kevin Alas. His assistant coach his younger brother Mel Alas. One big family affair.

I wonder how much Aldrech Ramos had improved over the months under the tutelage of Rajko Toroman and some shoulder banging with Antoine Walker inVegas...apparently they beat Antoine's team in their second meeting...
wink.gif

ramos.jpg

^^for me, of the two alas sons, only kevyn alas is worthy of the seniors team.
^^^as for the nigerian recruit, well maybe it will be good para naman hindi puro tayo tayo lang naglalaro
smile.gif

^over age na si Keith "82 points" Agovida... pero he's still in fourth year...

La Salle will win the UAAP crown... maybe against FEU

My San Beda's run for 4th straight championship is in peril... since the loss of 4 of its starting lineups

DLSU has some good recruits this year, c/o franz stint with the rp youth team. marata,tolentino,banal and a fil am or two. forgot the names. and of coursebringas. you could also include maui and la revilla and you have a pretty solid future for dlsu. so far based on what i know, dlsu has the best freshman classamong the universities this year. way to go one up over admu in the recruiting game. i just hope bader doesnt hog the ball for dlsu, btw is bader malabes thatgood to get big minutes last year? imo he was like on and off, more like if he's lucky he can shoot but his defense really sucks.

as with others, am really impressed with barroca, a very good player and will be better in years. he plays like a veteran and would surely be the vital cog offeu's run this year.

ofcourse admu MUST get the same or bigger numbers from rabeh to succeed this year, chris tiu wouldnt be there anymore to open up the lane for him. but givenwhat he showed last year, he really has a bright future ahead. very good basics and fundamentals. duncan like play.

I'm not quite sure if Ateneo's hiding something or someone, coz it was surprising they didn't end up signing a blue chip recruit this year. OnlyJuami Tiongson who came from they're H.S. is creating some buzz, well not really.

As for DLSU, Norbert Torres (6'7") is still not eligible to play for this year, although the future really does look bright for the Archers. Theguards are slugging it out for the PG positions since they're kinda overloaded. They have now acquired the so-called UE press with Dindo Pumaren back inFranz's fold.
eek.gif

FEU is a team to look out for. With the addition of Cameroonian Pippo Noondou, flashy guard Exciminiano, CESAFI jrs. MVP Marty John Pearce and RP Youthstandout Ryan Roose Garcia, the Tamaraws might adjust quickly by the loss of their seasoned veterans. Report has it that Toroman is utilizing Ramos in the 3spot and has the license to shoot from the arc. And with Barocca & Cawaling still in the Tam's lair, expect every battle with FEU to be tough. Someunconfirmed reports though say that Cervantes opted out of the team, but some insiders refuse to talk about it anymore. Some are already saying that he'sback.
wink.gif

guys ano height nung alas brothers ng letran? sabi kasi sa isang site 6'2" si kevyn and 6'3" si junjun.. pero pag pinapanood ko sila safil-oil parang ang liit lang.. masmatangkad pa si jojo hate sa kanilang dlawa e

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

guys ano height nung alas brothers ng letran? sabi kasi sa isang site 6'2" si kevyn and 6'3" si junjun.. pero pag pinapanood ko sila sa fil-oil parang ang liit lang.. masmatangkad pa si jojo hate sa kanilang dlawa e

Jun Alas is standing at 6'1 while Kevin Alas is 5'10. Watch out for Jomar Datang 6'5 Banger a transferee from FEU. Bigger version ni Dino Daa andbuilt like Ali Peek of Talk and Text.

thanks for the info, para lang palang nagtrade feu and letran kasi napunta sa kanila si anjoe latonio at yung isa.. si foronda ba? di ko matandaan e

Clarence Foronda and Anjoe Latonio. They said due to academic problems or playing time ang issue. That's why they went to Morayta

I don't think Beda could accomplish 3peat with out their import EKWE.
I bet they cant match what Baste did in thier reign, 5 consecutive titles w/ ALL FILIPINO line up. Gnayan talaga pag mapera ang school, they can afford to goaround the system.
Exchange student kuno.
Have you guys heared the Rommel Adducul story?
Dapat mag try out sya sa Beda. D sya pinapasok ng guard, probinsyano kasi pumorma.
Sabi nung guard dun ka mag try out dun sa Baste, dun ka bagay. Buti na lang nakining sya dun sa guard. Everything was history.

Sa UAAP naman DLSU has a promising big man in Arvie Bringas. I thought he was
going to Ateneo kasi nga Eric Salamat & Buenafe was lured by Ateneo. Baka nga counter offer ang DLSU ng mas maganda baka mas modelo yung kotse na inoffer.

Swerte yung mga team na suportado ni MVP, champion lahat.
NU has a good team/line up wala lang talagang budget kaya sayang. Good news is
70% owned by SM so i think this time may funds na sila.

si cardona naman nirject daw ng NU haha nu ba yan!
si arwind umalis daw sa try outs ng dlsu dahil inaway ni cabatu
si menor naman na home sick kaya umalis sa dlsu dorm
si al hussaini di pumasa sa dlsu entrance exam
si bringas ayaw magateneo, di sila vibes ni buenafe e.. up or dlsu choices ata niya nun

ibang klase tlga recruitment sa pinas, makulay haha!

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

si cardona naman nirject daw ng NU haha nu ba yan!
si arwind umalis daw sa try outs ng dlsu dahil inaway ni cabatu
si menor naman na home sick kaya umalis sa dlsu dorm
si al hussaini di pumasa sa dlsu entrance exam
si bringas ayaw magateneo, di sila vibes ni buenafe e.. up or dlsu choices ata niya nun

ibang klase tlga recruitment sa pinas, makulay haha!
laugh.gif
Parang showbiz..

may bagong group na sa uaap! the gwapings! mark barroca, yutien andrada & eric salamat! papalicious!
smile.gif
)

Originally Posted by kykoman

Have you guys heared the Rommel Adducul story?
Dapat mag try out sya sa Beda. D sya pinapasok ng guard, probinsyano kasi pumorma.
Sabi nung guard dun ka mag try out dun sa Baste, dun ka bagay. Buti na lang nakining sya dun sa guard. Everything was history.
Sir may I correct your statement...
It didn't happen like that, the "probinsyano porma" thing

My teacher told me that Adducul was really supposed to try out for San Beda, but the guards didn't let him in because the guard said that there was no tryouts then (not knowing there really was)...
but Aduccul said thate he was told by the ones who recruited him to just drop by San Beda and try out, and still the guard didn't let him in. He then justdecided to try out for Baste which is just a street across San Beda...

and that's the story behind it... If you aint gonna believe it then its up to you

^haha pinabango lang para di pahiya sbc
roll.gif

it all boils down to... the guard! pahamak siya! haha!
laugh.gif

career milestone niya yun! "mga pre ako nagtaboy kay adducul! kaya niyo yon? digss!"

There are a lot players who are really not meant for a certain school but Adducul's story was the most talked about. Bong Alvarez in an interview admittedthat he was relegated to the reserve list of the FEU Tamaraws so he ended up playing with his highschool teammate Eugene Quilban in San Sebastian.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom