2009 UAAP-NCAA Thread

Originally Posted by Gameover2

Originally Posted by lbj19

Hmmmm.......this makes me wonder a bit that Dlsu or Admu didn't get Xavier School's top player this year cz top players of XS usually go to either of the two. Especially in this case Teng was like in a whole diff level when he played hs ball in tiong lian. Might also be the influence of his dad the robocop haha. Did Alvin Teng also play for UST in college? Or is it the Pido Connection?

Alvin Teng and his kid wanted immediate playing time and a guaranteed starting five slot. Ateneo was never going to give that to them. Not sure about the reason why the kid didn't go to DLSU though.

I'm not sold on Jeric Teng though. Tiong Lian is weak competition.
he tried out for dlsu, but didn't get it

Originally Posted by hypercrunk

Originally Posted by kykoman

Have you guys heared the Rommel Adducul story?
Dapat mag try out sya sa Beda. D sya pinapasok ng guard, probinsyano kasi pumorma.
Sabi nung guard dun ka mag try out dun sa Baste, dun ka bagay. Buti na lang nakining sya dun sa guard. Everything was history.
Sir may I correct your statement...
It didn't happen like that, the "probinsyano porma" thing

My teacher told me that Adducul was really supposed to try out for San Beda, but the guards didn't let him in because the guard said that there was no try outs then (not knowing there really was)...
but Aduccul said thate he was told by the ones who recruited him to just drop by San Beda and try out, and still the guard didn't let him in. He then just decided to try out for Baste which is just a street across San Beda...

and that's the story behind it... If you aint gonna believe it then its up to you
Regarding about Rommel Adducul going to Baste from Beda because of the security guard or something is not true at all...kagaya din kay RenrenRitualo during his HS basketball career at Red Cubs dahil binigyan daw ng kotse kaya siya nag - la Salle.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

you can get rich here in pi just by playing college basketball, im not sure but jason webb once said he made his first million playing college ball. and itwas in the 90's.

may mga milagro daw na naganap sa players quarters ng beda kaya daw lumipat sina ferdinand and soc rivera? ano yun?

Originally Posted by jeddahblaster

Originally Posted by airpopoy629

sino na coach ng mapua? haha taluti nanaman

It's Chito Victorlero

That guys a nice coach, their pre-season trainings were pretty ruthles though. I think it was at San Juan or near that hospital my pops said Estrada stayedat.. nice gym.

San Beda, Letran complete semis cast (NikeSummer League 2009)

NCAA bets San Beda College and Letran completed the semifinal cast after beating separate foes in the 2009 Nike Summer League seniors' divisionquarterfinals at the FEU gym in Morayta, Manila last June 8.

The Red Lions ended the surprising run of Lyceum of the Philippines via an 86-70 rout while the Knights staved off Adamson University in a low-scoring,physical 55-46 tussle.

San Beda's victory earned them a date with Far Eastern University while Letran meets NCAA rival San Sebastian College in the other semifinal pairing.

The Final Four is scheduled for Thursday at the Ynares Sports Arena in Pasig City with the championship slated two days after.

Four players scored in double figures the Mendiola-based cagers with Bam Gamalinda leading the way with 14 points. Garvo Lanete and Chico Lanete chipped in 11markers, apiece.

It was a strong effort shown by the three-time reigning NCAA champions after they led by just two points, 39-37, in the second quarter before unplayableconditions forced organizers to postpone the quarterfinal matches last Friday.

Joseph Abaya paced Lyceum with 13 points, Jerard Ong had 12 markers and Reggie Rimando tallied 11 points and five rebounds a game after they stunned La Sallein a two-overtime thriller that settled the last quarterfinals berth.

Meanwhile, Rey Guevarra, Jam Cortez and RJ Jazul helped Letran pulled away from Adamson after three grueling quarters to reach the next round of thetournament.

Guevarra, a member of the RP developmental team, bannered the Knights with 14 points and six rebounds while Cortes took advantage of several passes made to himto post a near double-double of 10 points and nine rebounds.

Jazul, who likewise a member of the national squad, had only seven points but made a telling drive to the basket with 1:30 to give the Muralla-based cagers a48-43 advantage. He also had five rebounds and three assists.

No Falcon scored in double figures as Junard Yambot scored nine points while Jerick Canada added seven markers.

Adamson took its last lead with 7:42 left in the game after Austin Manera hit a jumper for a 41-38 edge. But turnovers and missed free throws hounded them inthe waning moments of the match that cost them the game.

FEU gym will host one last playdate of the tournament as University of Santo Tomas and Letran dispute the juniors division championship on Wednesday. Gametimeis set at 10:30 am after the battle-for-third clash between De La Salle Zobel and Jose Rizal University.

I miss the golden days of the Falcons, with Hector Calma, then Marlou's era, followed by Kenneth Duremdes then EJ Feihl...I used to watch EJ Feihl andthe rest of the team practice...really a tall guy but not much talent...thus our batch back then don't have the motivation to watch UAAP are their alwayson the last position of the standing...

Regarding about Rommel Adducul going to Baste from Beda because of the security guard or something is not true at all...kagaya din kay Renren Ritualo duringhis HS basketball career at Red Cubs dahil binigyan daw ng kotse kaya siya nag - la Salle

Sir Rommel was my batchmate/seatmate & playmate so I know the story was legit. It came from the carabao's mouth
happy.gif

UE will have a hard time with their campaign this season due to James Martinez' ACL yesterday from the Fil-oil Flying V Finals against FEU, he suffered theinjury late in the 4th quarter, I think 30 seconds left, too bad for the UE

^30 secs left?! thats just bad luck..
reminds me of the footballer who tore his acl celebrating a touchdown
indifferent.gif

^Big blow to UE... well may nakuha naman silang magaling eh... Val Acuna ata ung pangalan...

mataas ung scoring

@kykoman... binigyan ng Baste si Aduccul ng kotse???

Originally Posted by hypercrunk

^ bkit gus2 mag tnt? hahaha...kidding
matagal na pala un...

Nope...he was so impressive during the summer exhibition games he was offered a scholarship by a US school.

the guy has some issues with Dindo as well as the others. that's why a lot of them don't get a lot of minutes.

No car for Rommel brod. He was very raw at that time. Baste does not have any big time fund as well to lure & keep players. Si Rodney Santos loyal talagafrom juniors sa Baste din sya nag Senior.
Kaya most of the players volt out to UAAP like Buenafe, Bringas & Salamat.

I remeber nung elementary days ko lupit ng line up ng Baste kahit yung 2nd five pwedeng starting five sila
Paul Alvarez, Eugebe Quilban, Cris Bade, Nap Hatton, Allan delos Reyes, Solomon, Teves,Allan Garrido,
Aldrin Morante pa pala almost forgot him.
All Filipino talaga no import. Alam ko yung isang Champion nila unbeaten sila eh.
Honestly I don't like the idea of college teams getting exchange student kunwari, oks lang sana kung may dugong Pinoy eh.

Yung Paul Alvarez era parang yan yung 1st dream team ng Baste coached by Francis Rodriguez.
Yung 2nd dream team namin sila Rodney Santos, Brixter Encarnacion, Banjo Calpito, Rommel Adducul,
Tsaka si Ocampo, forgot his 1st name na tsaka pala si William Marasigan. Coach nila si Turo Valenzona.
Si Rommel nun naalala ko ang gamit nya na socks yung tri color yung stripe pag practice. Masipag lang talaga
sya mag insayo kaya ang bilis ng improvement nya.

Yap its good for competition, they have more chances of winning a Championship.
They can AFFORD to win Championship thanks to MVP's Money
happy.gif

This reminds me of Alex Compton, PBA should have allowed him to play.

Back
Top Bottom