2009 UAAP-NCAA Thread

Originally Posted by chase on

Originally Posted by endangered15

Originally Posted by airpopoy629

another sold out nanaman..hmm i wonder kelan kaya mapupuno ang venue pag Mapua ang may laban..
wow, is this a fellow mapuan i see here...
grin.gif

yep.mapuan here.
happy.gif

mapuan here also.
happy.gif

buo tayo ng lima, tapos sali tayo sa basketball nung mga lasallista at atenista dun sa kabilang thread!
roll.gif

Pwede pa sumali? Team Mapua.......
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by eastcoastpinoyballer

Originally Posted by endangered15

another sold out nanaman..hmm i wonder kelan kaya mapupuno ang venue pag Mapua ang may laban..
wow, is this a fellow mapuan i see here...
grin.gif

yep.mapuan here.
happy.gif

mapuan here also.
happy.gif

buo tayo ng lima, tapos sali tayo sa basketball nung mga lasallista at atenista dun sa kabilang thread!
roll.gif

Pwede pa sumali? Team Mapua.......
nerd.gif
wait, before we get scolded, let's continue our posts in the right thread...
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

^^ you got that right bro. i don't wanna get toasted here...
laugh.gif

anyway, back to the topic, anyone care to post the ncaa schedule?

i haven't seen mapua play for a while...

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

AdU, he's serving his 2 year residency for shifting from one uaap to school to another.

I think Soc is with UST, correct me if I'm wrong

Originally Posted by pastatats

AdU, he's serving his 2 year residency for shifting from one uaap to school to another.

there's no such thing as 2 year residency

Originally Posted by Flashout01

Originally Posted by pastatats

you are wrong.

example: michael galinato mika vainio and mike gavino served a 2 year residency in adamson up because he came from dlsu

didn't soc rivera play for UP two seasons back. That's the soc rivera from feu baby ferns right? he was the same batch with mark lopez. I haven'theard about him as well.

Like Torres of DLSU who's currently having his residency, since he came late last year, he'll be eligible to play in the UAAP on Season 74, I believehe arrived in the Philippines during the 2nd term of DLSU School year.

wish bader sat out 5 years (5 year residency for shooting air balls) jk
laugh.gif

wait, i think vainio and gavino finished their 3 years then took up another course in up, 1 year residency lang kung ganon nga.

what about bj manalo? magulo din sa kanya eh
laugh.gif

I believe the 2 year residency was applied later on, after the season of Vainio and Gavino going to UP and played for a year, I think that was 2006? Kindlycorrect me if I'm wrong.
smile.gif

there's a big difference on what you read on the papers or in the web, than talking to people which are involve in the issue..

in tagalog?

"maingay ang lata kapag walang laman"
roll.gif

TRANSFERS from one UAAP school to another UAAP school will require two yearsof residency. This rule hasbeen in effect since school year 1993-1994 and was formulated in the light of the attempt of a certain Marlou Aquino to transfer from Adamson to UE.

In order to prevent animosity brought about by piracy among fellow UAAP member schools, hence the residency period is two years for intra-UAAP transfers.Players will also think twice since two years of inactivity is already too long for most athletes.

foreigners and fil-foreigners are also required to sit out two years, but there are exceptions.

ae8365cd42529d0b61591316cbacf7ea63187990.jpg

matalino man ang matsing, matsing parin.

i see you.

Mika Vainio and Mike Gavino finished their 4-year courses and played 4 years of college ball at DLSU. They enrolled in UP for graduate studies and DID NOTserve residency. They spent their 5th playing year with UP.

Yes, intra-UAAP transfers have to sit out two years. Merong ganung provision ang UAAP.

well before this topic gets mislead again just to escape humiliation for the nth time(walang kadala-dala no?)
laugh.gif

let's start with the 1st question..

gishtar wrote:
where is SOC RIVERA ..??

by now, i think everybody knows where's he at now. just refer to pg26...

Now, somebody here posted that he's serving a 2 year residency... not knowing that our subject enrolledfirst on an NCAA member school before enrolling back again to UAAP member school..

that's why i posted this

Originally Posted by Flashout01

because if any player from any collegiate league wishes to transfer to an inter collegiate league prior of it's eligibility... heor she, has to fulfill a full year of residency..

key word inter ok...

ok 2nd question..

Originally Posted by icebox15

I believe the 2 year residency was applied later on, after the season of Vainio and Gavino going to UP and played for a year, I think that was 2006? Kindly correct me if I'm wrong.
smile.gif

answered by our friend..key word is intra ok...
Originally Posted by Gameover2

Mika Vainio and Mike Gavino finished their 4-year courses and played 4 years of college ball at DLSU. They enrolled in UP for graduate studies and DID NOT serve residency. They spent their 5th playing year with UP.

Yes, intra-UAAP transfers have to sit out two years. Merong ganung provision ang UAAP.

now, somebody here is using our answer #2 to answer ourquestion #1. pwede ba yun? parang tinanong mo ng spell CAT, tapos ang sasagutin ka ng D-O-G.. anu bayun?

muka na ngang chimp mahina ang pick-up.. mahilig siguro sa sinko yan
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom