2010 College Basketball Season

RR Garcia
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

JR Cawaling is wearing Kobe V Rice colorway

Aboy Castro of UP Maroons should be fired.

Down by 1, he takes a stupid three and misses badly.

Down by 3, he drives to the hoop, misses but gets a foul, yet flubs both freethrows.

This Hermosisima dude's basketball IQ is close to zero.

JP Belencion
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
...trigger happy
Kevin Alas....matigas ang ulo kaya napapagalitan ng tatay
Beaten badly yesterday against RL

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

Justin Chua is Ford Arao 2.0

is that a good thing or a bad thing?
laugh.gif

anyway good game by DLSU, comeback win should boost the confidence of the team. Tampus kid has some guts, and scorer's mentality but still a bit small to play 2 at the UAAP level. DLSU rooks has the skills but all are a bit small except for Paredes who DLSU can slowly bring along and groom to be the next starting bigman as the season goes on but should hit the weight room to continuosly improve.

Also is Ferdinand really recruited by DLSU? From what I can recall he was enrolled in DLSZ or LSGH right? Well if DLSU really spent funds to bring this guy here, so far its a waste of money. I know his body is built for the game but I can't get over the fact that Basketball IQ is extremely poor. Most of the times makes poor decisions in the game. There was even a stretch that he forced a shot at one play and at the next play wanted to shoot again but when the defender came at the last second threw/decided to pass the ball to no one. There are also other instances that this happened in the previous games. One of those players that you would shake your head watching and say sayang since with his built he could have been a very good player. We can't blame him entirely since who plays basketball in Indonesia right and who in their right mind recruit a ball player from Indonesia?
laugh.gif

Haha he's playing like Ford Arao during his Final season with the Eagles which is
pimp.gif

Except that he's not yet finishing on the fastbreak, but it's okay since it's only his 3rd year.

It just goes to show how good Norman Black is at developing Big Men (Ford, Rabeh, Nonoy, Chua and even Escueta)

Hopefully kaya makipagsabayan ni Paredes

and
laugh.gif
at Ferdinand

smile.gif

Haha he's playing like Ford Arao during his Final season with the Eagles which is
pimp.gif

Except that he's not yet finishing on the fastbreak, but it's okay since it's only his 3rd year.

It just goes to show how good Norman Black is at developing Big Men (Ford, Rabeh, Nonoy, Chua and even Escueta)

and
laugh.gif
at Ferdinand

smile.gif

Ayos lang yun. Ngayon pa lang binibigyan ng kumpiyansa si Chua
smile.gif

La Salle is back on track. Hope they will continue the winning streak

NU over UE
Glenn Khobuntin is
pimp.gif
(sayang ginawa ni Coach Louie Alas para kanya kaya lang extra rice lang ang kayang ibigay
roll.gif
)

good win for dlsu! marata was
pimp.gif
! ice water flowin through his veins... this will definitely give the rooks and sophomores the confidence they need to win crucial games.

It's a good thing this young DLSU squad didn't let the loss against NU get into their heads.

Meanwhile, FEU is on a roll...
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by lbj19

Justin Chua is Ford Arao 2.0

is that a good thing or a bad thing?
laugh.gif

anyway good game by DLSU, comeback win should boost the confidence of the team. Tampus kid has some guts, and scorer's mentality but still a bit small to play 2 at the UAAP level. DLSU rooks has the skills but all are a bit small except for Paredes who DLSU can slowly bring along and groom to be the next starting bigman as the season goes on but should hit the weight room to continuosly improve.

Also is Ferdinand really recruited by DLSU? From what I can recall he was enrolled in DLSZ or LSGH right? Well if DLSU really spent funds to bring this guy here, so far its a waste of money. I know his body is built for the game but I can't get over the fact that Basketball IQ is extremely poor. Most of the times makes poor decisions in the game. There was even a stretch that he forced a shot at one play and at the next play wanted to shoot again but when the defender came at the last second threw/decided to pass the ball to no one. There are also other instances that this happened in the previous games. One of those players that you would shake your head watching and say sayang since with his built he could have been a very good player. We can't blame him entirely since who plays basketball in Indonesia right and who in their right mind recruit a ball player from Indonesia?
laugh.gif

yeah same question here. yup he was from lsgh. i mean this guy is big and ripped. we played with him during a pick up game in valle 5 and all he did was dunk on us hahaha
roll.gif
ALL DAY

Originally Posted by jeddahblaster

as a varsity player are they require to pass the college entrance examinations
UPCAT, ACET, USTET etc
happy.gif

I doubt.

Maybe they're just required to take it.

laugh.gif
Nice. Required.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

and
laugh.gif
at Ferdinand

smile.gif
yeah, I think Chua has a better skill set as well as compared to Arao, have watched him during his tiong lian days and he really has that mid range shot. that game against NU really boost his confidence in terms of playing in the UAAP. But still a bit soft in the inside IMO but I think Black and his staff can work on that in the next couple of years. He could also rub elbows at practice with Escueta since at times his toughness is over the hump 
laugh.gif
 ADMU has the best training and development for big men IMO since Black came in. Now I would like to see how Slaughter would fare in season 65......

I also hope Torres of DLSU is worth the wait and not another Ferdinand Clone. DLSU has had some promising big men but it has either been bad luck or poor development on our part. the Pumaren's system is also more reliant on guards that's why there has yet to be a dominant or even significant big man from DLSU in the past 10 years. Off my mind the last one was Don Allado and after him is Sharma but Sharma was not that consistent as well. Benitez had potential if only he studied
laugh.gif

THU: DLSU vs FEU, big test for the rooks and sophs. Based on FEU's play, except for the game against ADMU, they have been in a diff league of their own. I think they (FEU) will sweep the 1st round. 

Where is Soc Rivera?

Last I head he was in Adamson.

I feel sorry for this guy, specially after what FEU did to him.

DLSU will most probably have the same problem with FEU like their game against NU, the frontline is too weak to match-up the bigs of FEU, Cervantes and Ramos will dominate the inside, but backcourt wise, it will be a good match-up

Where is Soc Rivera?

Last I head he was in Adamson.

I feel sorry for this guy, specially after what FEU did to him.
what did FEU do to him ?

^good read andre, always up to date and always with the info
pimp.gif

as for the Soc Rivera rule, I think it is a good rule since schools that develop their junior players have a better chance of retaining them with the notion that junior players usually don't want to sit it out a year. But what FEU did with Soc Rivera was really wrong and unfair on his part IMHO.

as for FEU-DLSU, yeah we might be clobbered by the frontline of FEU, Cervantes, Ramos and Pipo is waaay ahead of Ferdinand, Andrada and Paredes especially on the aspect of bulk and experience. As for the guards RR Garcia is
pimp.gif
, best guard in the league right now. I hope we can somehow stick with FEU throughout the game and have a chance in the last few minutes to somehow steal the game. but if we lose I think FEU will sweep the first round. they have already played against the more competitive teams in their first 4 games so far.

I suddenly remember the "Allado rule" made by FEU before, which backfired them with Arwind Santos' case after a few years

Back
Top Bottom