2010 College Basketball Season

great post andre! didnt know bout that incident involving soc rivera. it sucks when politricks gets in the way of developing basketball players. but i guess thats something we have to live with...

FEU bigs>>> DLSU bigs

FEU is definitely the team to beat this year cuz they have the size/experience/talent

i think DLSU will be a championship caliber team in 2-3years imho...

I blame Montinola for these ******ed rules

I don't agree with the Soc Rivera rule. Recruitment also includes convincing juniors players to stay

If they think they'll have a better opportunity in another school, may it be academically, why stop them? After all they're students first, athletes second

I also remember the Cardona rule, everyone was trying to stop ADMU and DLSU from recruiting students from abroad.

Also, not a lot of people know that it was San Beda who first recruited Ferdinand from Indonesia. He then transferred to LSGH. I guess SBC knew better.
laugh.gif

Ateneo will have a new Fil-Am next year. Dude was supposed to enroll at UP but will now go to Ateneo instead.

Mike Silungan supposedly be playing for Ateneo, then San Beda, then someone brought him to UP, then UP locked him. I heard Ateneo wouldn't recruit guards, unless he's really good, since they got loads of talents in the guard position with their juniors team.

NU will be very dangerous in the coming years, with RP Youth U18 waiting, and some imported recruits too, coaching stuffs may change too, that's based from a reliable source, maybe for now, still lots of things could happen in the coming months.. years..

Originally Posted by icebox15

NU will be very dangerous in the coming years
its already starting to manifest! they steadily becoming uaap contenders which is good for the league imho...

i just noticed that ateneo recruitment >>> dlsu recruitment for the past few years...

what has happened to our recruitment system? is this because they prioritize recruiting players from LSGH and DLSZ before they could tap into other colleges?

Originally Posted by icebox15

NU will be very dangerous in the coming years, with RP Youth U18 waiting, and some imported recruits too, coaching stuffs may change too, that's based from a reliable source, maybe for now, still lots of things could happen in the coming months.. years..

Definitely they had the support of SM Group of Companies.
pimp.gif

great game by DLSU, but a tough loss for us. played great basketball for 47 minutes until the late game errors. nothing to ba ashamed of though, they weren't even predicted to be at par with FEU. Right when OT started I knew FEU would have the upper hand with the smarts and experience of that team. Turning point for FEU in 2nd OT was the 5 point swing by Sanga. Romeo and Tampus was overeager this game, parang gigil na gigil.

I hope we won't go downhill after this loss, coz I can recall last year when DLSU almost beat ADMU in the 1st round, I don't know if it was too heartbreaking for DLSU ow what to totally crumble in the 2nd round. Well one thing going for DLSU is Atkins seems like a better leader than last years captains.

as for the recruitment thing, I think DLSU still had a good haul of HS blue chips with most of the big name rookies going to DLSU both from the UAAP and NCAA juniors.

lastly going back to the soc rivera rule, so if a FEU player wanted to go to UP or other UAAP team, he has to sit out the first year of his college year and only play in the 2nd year right? Did Tolentino and Marata sit it out? Or was it them playing for the RP youth team the same year they were incoming freshmen in college?

DLSU enrolled Tolentino and Marata in Reedley for the senior year in HS.

They were playing for the RP under-18 team then, together with RR Garcia and Joseph Terso so they weren't allowed to play for their mother schools.

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

DLSU enrolled Tolentino and Marata in Reedley for the senior year in HS.

They were playing for the RP under-18 team then, together with RR Garcia and Joseph Terso so they weren't allowed to play for their mother schools.
thanks for the info andre, so Tolentino and Marata stopped playing for UP in their 3rd year? Is that correct?

btw who discovered RR Garcia? I heard he came from the same province where Mark Barroca came from.

I think they were enrolled in Reedley only for their 4th year, together with Papot Paredes.

Ateneo did the same thing before with Jobe Nkemakolem, I don't know what for though since he was from Baste if I'm not mistaken.

Afaik Barroca was the one who introduced RR to FEU since they came from the same HS.

The DLSU-FEU game was a heartbreaker!

thanks for the info. about the game, you can say that again. DLSU could've won in the fourth had Maui not look solely for Atkins in the inbounds. that was two inbound passes wherein DLSU solely looked/forced the pass to Atkins who was being guarded by RR which IMO was the most dangerous defender to lose the ball to.

laugh.gif

plus all the blown lay-ups!

yeah there were a lot of gimmes as well for both teams. Dindo's doing good. For me he's more of a player's coach esp with this kids, you'll need a lot of patience and encouragement to maximize their talent and he made a great decision by benching ferdinand most of the game
laugh.gif

oh and we can add cervantes to the list of those with one of the lowest bball iq. IMO.  Shooting a three to win it even with 4-5 sec to go? what was he thinking
laugh.gif

indeed it was a heartbreaking loss. but i think this loss will do the team more good than harm as it will boost the players' confidence as they were able to see that they can actually win a game against the top seed of this season's tourney. and i'd rather have them lose a couple of games now, adjust, and peak at the right time to reach the final 4 just like how they did 5-6 years ago, wherein theyll have a mediocre record after the 1st round then sweep the 2nd round (though i dont expect them to do the exact same thing, something close is good enough).

at this point its really hard to predict which teams will make the final four!

it was a really great game, didn't expect the game to be won by DLSU, just hoping to make it close would be more than enough, of course may halong panghihinayang, could have won the game with a good inbound pass, but nonetheless, experience will always be a great teacher for the Archers, especially for the rookies and sophs, even though Tampus made a 2 crucial missed lay-ups, this guy will be dangerous once he got his game going, I'd rather see a team of mostly rookies and sophs playing all hearts out, rather than veterans who plays without passion like last year, props to FEU! great game!

Originally Posted by lbj19

lastly going back to the soc rivera rule, so if a FEU player wanted to go to UP or other UAAP team, he has to sit out the first year of his college year and only play in the 2nd year right?
Not entirely accurate. So long as your former team signs your release, then you're good to go. Case in point: UST freshman center Paolo Pe who came from Ateneo HS. I think most schools would release their players except for some greedy $%&@ out there.

Is he the one from Chicago? Not Mike Silungan, though.
Not sure if he's from Chicago. Anyway, this black 6'6 Fil-Am is currently enrolled at a local HS to serve residency.

those rondo hyperfuses are
pimp.gif

1st time i saw them up close and i must say they are the perfect shoes for the green archers!

hope they release it already

A few players started their residency for DLSU this year.

Expect 3 Fil-Fors for 2012 (if the world hasn't ended yet
laugh.gif
)

Plus Vigil, Van Op and Torres next year!
pimp.gif

I heard that Van Op was cut from the team because of citizenship issues, not sure though.

saw AVO at the venue during the DLSU vs FEU game, is Vigil enrolled in DLSU already bro manilaboyxix?

Rayray Parks and Norman Penola could be the deadliest back court tandem we'll see in years...if things materialize in NU...

^Didn't know Penola was geared up for NU
pimp.gif

Vigil has been practicing with the team since summer I think.

He had a problem with JRU releasing his records so he couldn't enroll.

I guess he's a late enrollee.

Lots of good insider info
pimp.gif

who's vigil andre? Haven't heard of this kid yet. What position and hs?

Any chance la revilla will get to play again? I like how Tolentino has played this year controls the team really well and runs the break really well but revilla is a better scorer during the last season he played. Hope he can play again.

Today will be another tough test for Dlsu, Ust is one of the thoughest team to play against. Hope we can play that tough defense against the Ust backcourt.

Back
Top Bottom