2010 College Basketball Season

If the Final Four were a dunk contest, Adamson would've beaten Ateneo yesterday.
laugh.gif
too bad dunks are just 2 points each.

Some notes on yesterday's game:

Eric Salamat has a wicked crossover.

Nico Salva is an underrated defender. He blocks shots from the perimeter with ease.

Stinnett is an awesome finisher.

Little Eagle Monfort, when on target and in the zone, is amazing to watch live.

Congrats to Ateneo!

Capacio suffered high blood pressure during the 1st half which he has no history of. He was rushed to Medical City...

Next year will be another chapter and system for the Tamaraws...

Paul Sanga will be the only certain player exiting next year. Although some changes would probably be made in the roster.

Key additions next season will be Arvie Bringas, Chris Tolomia, Russell Escoto & maybe Christian Sentcheu.

See you next year!

I don't think Arvie can play for the Tams next year in the UAAP, doesn't he require a 2-year residency period because he came from another UAAP school?

smile.gif

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

I don't think Arvie can play for the Tams next year in the UAAP, doesn't he require a 2-year residency period because he came from another UAAP school?

smile.gif
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTTransfer Students
  1. From UAAP Member University
    1. An undergraduate transferee who is an athlete (regular or trainingteam) from a UAAP member University must establish two (2) years –meaning 730 calendar days of continuous residency in such MemberUniversity.
    2. The resident years of an athlete will be counted as two (2) playing years if he/she transfers to another Member University.
    3. Athletes who transfer from a UAAP Member University to another UAAPMember University shall only be required to establish one-yearresidency instead of two (2) years if such athletes are voluntarilyreleased with a written clearance by the concerned UAAP MemberUniversity.
I believe he was released by DLSU with a clearance. If not, Anton will find a way
smile.gif

http://www.inboundpass.co...p-rules-and-regulations/

I was seated behind the FEU bench yesterday. Save for the first three rows, it was all pro-Ateneo. It was a lil funny seeing a number of Ateneans on the FEU bench though... (Ticzon, Mark Molina, Dr Mikey Bengzon, Esqui Ripoll...)
laugh.gif

There was this one cute chinese girl seated near Yvette Gavieres-Santos though.
pimp.gif

anyway, double three-peat!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[h1]FEU coach rushed to hospital due to high blood pressure[/h1]gmanews.com

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/186959/letters-to-the-editor

http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?...ublic Affairs - Latest Philippine News&src=sp

The absence of a leader was one of the reasons why Far Eastern University succumbed to pressure in Game 2 of the UAAP men’s basketball Finals at the Araneta Coliseum Thursday.

Glenn Capacio, the head coach of the Tamaraws, was brought to Medical City for a precautionary checkup after his blood pressure shot up.

Team officials led by FEU board representative to the UAAP board Anton Montinola and athletic director Mark Molina said that Capacio's blood pressure went up before the end of the second quarter, and that he was advised by doctors to go to the hospital for observation.

"He was feeling a bit dizzy and our doctor said his blood pressure was too high," said Molina after the Tamaraws bowed to Ateneo, 65-62, allowing the Eagles a UAAP three-peat.

"Actually, he made the decision not to return, and he was also advised not to stay in the game because of the tense situation. We're hoping he's okay," Molina added.

Capacio’s absence left the Tamaraws without a mentor to guide them in the cruciual moments of the game against the more experienced and three-peat-seeking Ateneo Blue Eagles squad.

The untimely departure of Capacio somehow rattled the Tamaraws bench, even as assistant coaches Ritchie Ticzon and Bert Flores tried to fill in the void.

But they proved no match for multi-titled mentor Norman Black, who calmly carried the Eagles to a steady endgame finish for the school’s first Grand Slam.

Black was actually unaware that Capacio wasn't on the sidelines in the second half and was surprised when the scribes told about his condition.

"He wasn't there? I didn't noticed it during the game. God bless him," said Black. "He's a good friend of mine and I hope he gets well."

A former player of Far Eastern University told GMANews.TV that the outcome might have been different if Capacio was able to coach the squad from start to finish.

“It’s really different if the coach is the one handling the players, especially in the crucial stretch, rather than the members of the coaching staff," said the former Tamaraw, who requested anonymity.

Coach Louie Alas, the head mentor of the Philippine Patriots and also the bench tactician of the Letran Knights, said that Capacio’s presence was very important in the crucial stage of the championship match.

“We’ll never know. Players decide the outcome, but again, FEU might have had a better chance if the captain of the ship was there," said Alas, who’s being assisted by Capacio with the Patriots squad in the Asean Basketball League.

Newly-appointed Meralco Bolts coach and three-time PBA Coach of the Year awardee Ryan Gregorio opined that Capacio’s absence really hurt FEU’s chances.

“The coach plays an important part in a team. Coach Glenn is one of the best coaches in the collegiate ranks right now. Match-ups, offensive execution and defensive strategies are all part of the scope of a coach’s job," said Gregorio. “He could have made key substitutions and timely timeouts during the crucial stretches of the game. In addition, the FEU players might have lost a bit of focus because of the health condition of their coach."

“In the final analysis, it is ultimately the health of an individual more than the result of the game that is more important. I hope Coach Glenn is alright," added Gregorio.

Capacio’s contract is reportedly set to expire after the season. Montinola said they will assess Capacio’s fate in the off-season. - KY/RCJ, GMANews.TV

Red Lions should join  PBA . Bawat kalaban durog sa NCAA
laugh.gif

IMO Red Cub Baser Amer is much better than Kiefer Ravena of ADMU Eaglets.

Sudan Daniel really tilts the balance of power in the NCAA.

laugh.gif
@ Abueva, wala pang 1 minute flagrant 1 na.

Pamboy vs Borgie is exciting to watch.

smile.gif

Sasali sila sa PBA Fiesta Conference.lol 
laugh.gif

18 - 0 for San Beda Red Lions.... Amazing 
smokin.gif

congrats sa mga Bedistang NT

woohoo. what a fitting ending to hermida's career. he hit his last 3 point attempt and saluted the crowd. MVP wins double championships again. wow.

good for beda once again champions and on top of college basketball, is the rumors true that beda will fianlly join the UAAP next season?

That last 3 point shot of Borgie was so poetic. 18-0 Sweep REDemption! Congrats to the Red Lions and to my fellow Bedans!

Back
Top Bottom