2010 College Basketball Season

smh because the release of san beda nike apparel did not push through. wish i could have shown support by wearing them. congrats sir marcus and to all bedans out there. though im only from san beda alabang. hahaha.

San Beda
pimp.gif
sup guys i was watching the game and sup with abs cbn hd sports ad on the sideline?  how much is that service? so weve gone digital back there? nba games too? 

servedchilled - The HD broadcast is provided by SkyCable here. It has a PHP5,000 installation aside from the monthly fees of around PHP500. So far the channels included are HBO Asia HD, Discovery Asia HD, History Asia HD and Balls Channel HD (which featured the UAAP/NCAA HD broadcast). As of right now, NBA games are not yet included in the HD lineup. HTH

Originally Posted by kingferic

servedchilled - The HD broadcast is provided by SkyCable here. It has a PHP5,000 installation aside from the monthly fees of around PHP500. So far the channels included are HBO Asia HD, Discovery Asia HD, History Asia HD and Balls Channel HD (which featured the UAAP/NCAA HD broadcast). As of right now, NBA games are not yet included in the HD lineup. HTH
thanks man..so if youre into hd..better subscribe now cos they mos def gonna add channels in the future and blow the monthly huh
happy.gif

^yeah, it would be better because to subscribe now because additional channels will just be added automatically in the future.

Parks to dump National U for Georgia Tech?
By Joey Villar (The Philippine Star) Updated November 24, 2010 12:00 AM Comments (0)

MANILA, Philippines - Top collegiate prospect Ray Parks Jr. may just end up suiting up for the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets in the US NCAA Division I basketball tournament instead of the National U Bulldogs in next year’s UAAP season.

According to a report on Georgia Tech’s official website, the 6-6 Parks, the son of former many-time PBA Import Bobby Parks, Sr., has linked it up with the Jackets that would make him eligible to play in the 2011 class.

The Collierville, Tennessee shooting guard, member of the three-on-three Phl team that finished ninth in the Youth Olympic Games in Singapore last August, was the second recruit in the Georgia Tech 2011 class after Milton High standout Julian Royal.

NU athletic director Junel Baculi, however, has neither confirmed nor denied the story.

There were reports, however, that Parks may have signed a letter of intent to join the Jackets, whose alumni included the Miami Heat’s Chris Bosh and former All-Star Stephon Marbury, and could still pull out if he decides to sign up with the Bulldogs.

There was actually five US NCAA Division I schools trying to recruit Parks, who wound up visiting Georgia Tech and New Mexico before deciding to suit up for the Yellow Jackets.

Parks, whose father was drafted by the Atlanta Hawks in 1984 but ended up playing in Europe and then RP where he made his mark, has actually been scheduled to play for NU in next year’s UAAP cage wars.

In fact, he suited up for the Bulldogs in some games in the Fr. Martin Division II Cup last month.

But the lure of the US NCAA could change his plans wherein playing in such kind of level and atmosphere could land Parks, whose mother is a Filipina, a chance to become the first Filipino to play in the NBA.

in case Parks Jr does go to GT, i hope he doesn't end up like Japeth when he went to WKU. He had zero significant minutes during his entire NCAA Division I stint.

Originally Posted by Gameover2

in case Parks Jr does go to GT, i hope he doesn't end up like Japeth when he went to WKU. He had zero significant minutes during his entire NCAA Division I stint.

nag-sunog ng bangko si Japeth
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

I think Japeth would've developed more under Norman Black.

Just look at Doug, Ford and Rabeh.

I'm sure Peter Aguilar regrets shipping his son to the WKU.

Exhibition Game result for the benefit of Ilog pasig

Ateneo Blue Eaglets 87 - San Beda Red Cubs 85

Kiefer Ravena with the buzzer beater!

Kiefer Ravena 34 pts 6 rebs 6 assts

Baser Amer 21 pts 16 assts

That ADMU v SBC [Juniors] Exhibition Game was worth watching. Some scribes even compared Kiefer Ravena's game-winner to MJ's vs Utah

Xavier star scores 104 pts in T Lian
(The Philippine Star) Updated January 07, 2011

MANILA, Philippines –  World Youth Games veteran Jeron Teng shattered all existing records in high school play as he fired 104 points to power the three-time defending champion Xavier School to a 164-74 romp over Grace Christian College in the Freego Tiong Lian Basketball Association tournament at the Xavier gym last Wednesday.

The 6-foot-1 son of former San Miguel Beer bruiser Alvin Teng proved unstoppable from the shaded lane and finished with a 37-of-70 shooting in 35 minutes as the Golden Stallions gained a share of the lead with St. Jude Catholic School at 3-0. He scored 36 points in the final period.

Teng’s 104-point burst did no only erase the league’s record of 64 points set by former Xavier hotshot Eric Yao during the 1998 season. It also bettered the existing records both in the NCAA and UAAP leagues.

Former Jose Rizal University star Joshua Saret owns the NCAA record with 89 points which he established in the team’s 171-43 rout of Angeles Foundation two years ago while Far Eastern University star Terrence Romero, now playing for the seniors squad, scored 83 points in the team’s 104-55 victory over University of the Philippines Integrated School on Aug. 18 also two years ago.

For the third straight game, Teng, being eyed by several collegiate teams in the UAAP, finished in double-double as he hauled down 24 rebounds, 20 of them offensively, to earn another Freego of the Game award.

He also made 29 of 34 charities in the tournament backed by Welcoat, Orocan, Puma, Fern-C, Bantex, PG-Flex, Molten, Healthy Options, Bow & Wow, Burlington, MEC Computer, Converse, Davis Paints, Gold’s Gym and Absolute.

Meantime, St. Stephen’s High School, drawing solid games from Emarson Que and Kent Lao, picked up its second win in four games by downing Uno High School, 79-42.

The 164 points and the 90-point winning margin by Xavier School were also all-time Tiong Lian team records.

Teng knocked in his 99th and 100th markers on a pair of free throws with 1:08 left in the fourth period and the Golden Stallions comfortably ahead, 160-72.

[h2]http://www.rnhalawi.com/2011/01/parks-forgoes-georgia-tech-plays-for-nu.htmlParks forgoes Georgia Tech, plays for NU[/h2] http://www.rnhalawi.com/2011/01/parks-forgoes-georgia-tech-plays-for-nu.html#comments
Untitled-1.gif

source: Joaquin Henson | philstar.com

Newly appointed National University (NU) senior men’s basketball team coach Eric Altamirano said yesterday prized recruit Bobby Ray Parks will suit up for the Bulldogs in the UAAP this year and promised to bring the varsity to new heights.

Since 1987, NU has finished no higher than fourth place in 2001-02. The Bulldogs wound up fifth with a 7-7 record under interim coach Eric Gonzales last season. But with Parks’ addition, Altamirano said the outlook is bright.

“Our goal is to make it to the Final Four in two years,

Back
Top Bottom