* 2010 NFC North Trash Talk Thread: Green Bay Packers win the Super Bowl *

jpz where you at man id like to trade o lines

i would have thought the cowboys or packers would be the teams that would get the od amont of sacks %%+! i thought we was in the clear.and NY drops 10 sacks on us
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

^Think about it, though.

Ware generates most of the pass rush for Dallas.

And Clay Matthews does for us.

NYG's front 4 are a bunch of athletic mf'ers. and took advantage of your porous line.

^Think about it, though.

NYG's front 4 are a bunch of athletic mf'ers. and took advantage of your porous line.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

^Think about it, though.

very true. GB and Dallas are both better pash run teams, but they run a 3-4 giving Cutler more time because our o-line was able to hold off their D-Line for awhile since it was 3 not 4. Cutler and the Bears were good to make adjustments dealing with blitzing LBs such as Ware/Matthews and 3-4 defense. But our o-line was absolutley demolished tonight by the Giants front 4 and the size/spped of dudes like Osi/Tuck. I dont even know how we can go through practices vs Peppers
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

^Think about it, though.

very true. GB and Dallas are both better pash run teams, but they run a 3-4 giving Cutler more time because our o-line was able to hold off their D-Line for awhile since it was 3 not 4. Cutler and the Bears were good to make adjustments dealing with blitzing LBs such as Ware/Matthews and 3-4 defense. But our o-line was absolutley demolished tonight by the Giants front 4 and the size/spped of dudes like Osi/Tuck. I dont even know how we can go through practices vs Peppers
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

It's not simply the Bears o-line.
It's the system
Martz:
2004 Bulgerwas sacked 41 times (4th in the NFL)
2006-7 Kitna was sacked 63 then 51 times under Martz (both  times #1  in the NFL) Previous Lions QB was  20th
2008 O'Sullivan was sacked 32 times in  just 8 starts (combined with Hill= 51  sacks =#1  in the NFL)  Previous 9er qbs  were 6th
It worked once  in St. Louis, but there's a  reason  he's a journeyman  OC.

Yes im  bored

It's the system
Martz:
2006-7 Kitna was sacked 63 then 51 times under Martz (both  times #1  in the NFL) Previous Lions QB was  20th
2008 O'Sullivan was sacked 32 times in  just 8 starts (combined with Hill= 51  sacks =#1  in the NFL)  Previous 9er qbs  were 6th

Yes im  bored

Yup, it's all the o-line, got nothing to do with Jay holding onto the ball too long. 

Can't wait for the best front-four in football to play the best team in the NFC, should be fun. 

Yup, it's all the o-line, got nothing to do with Jay holding onto the ball too long. 

Can't wait for the best front-four in football to play the best team in the NFC, should be fun. 

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

It's the system
Martz:

Yes im  bored
Martz' plays take a while to develop, it is up to Cutler to get rid of the ball when he is feeling the pressure.  That season when he was with Detroit was terrible, the offensive line took alot of crap but Kitna was the worst when it came to holding onto the ball, he wouldn't even attempt to throw it away instead he would run backwards and either take a sack 10 yards back from where he should have gone down or he would fumble.  The only person who thinks Mike Martz' system is high powered and he is a genius is himself, since he lost Kurt he hasn't ever led a team to do anything and after seeing what Warner did in AZ I am confident in saying he is what made that system work in STL.

Anyways the real Bears finally decided to show up, they are terrible.  Packers still have quite a bit to work on before they become a serious contender.  The Lions..... I am sick of losing these close games mostly due to poor play from Shaun Hill.  He throws to many picks in the red zone and at the end of the game he could have easily ran it in for a td and decided to throw it away
30t6p3b.gif
Stafford can't get back soon enough, hopefully this week but they will probably hold him out til after the bye.  If we would have had someone competent behind center this season could be a complete 180 from what it is now.

It's the system
Martz:

Yes im  bored
Martz' plays take a while to develop, it is up to Cutler to get rid of the ball when he is feeling the pressure.  That season when he was with Detroit was terrible, the offensive line took alot of crap but Kitna was the worst when it came to holding onto the ball, he wouldn't even attempt to throw it away instead he would run backwards and either take a sack 10 yards back from where he should have gone down or he would fumble.  The only person who thinks Mike Martz' system is high powered and he is a genius is himself, since he lost Kurt he hasn't ever led a team to do anything and after seeing what Warner did in AZ I am confident in saying he is what made that system work in STL.

Anyways the real Bears finally decided to show up, they are terrible.  Packers still have quite a bit to work on before they become a serious contender.  The Lions..... I am sick of losing these close games mostly due to poor play from Shaun Hill.  He throws to many picks in the red zone and at the end of the game he could have easily ran it in for a td and decided to throw it away
30t6p3b.gif
Stafford can't get back soon enough, hopefully this week but they will probably hold him out til after the bye.  If we would have had someone competent behind center this season could be a complete 180 from what it is now.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

It's the system
Martz:

Yes im  bored

30t6p3b.gif
Decent point that you made about Warner and Martz's system, but cmon, besides Warner who has he had to work with in recent years? Kitna? Alex Smith? JT O'Sullivan? Shaun Hill?
indifferent.gif

lets face it Cutler is the best QB and this Bears offense has the most talent than Martz has ever had since his stint in St. Louis which was a clear sucess. Up until last night game tthings seemed to have been working great as well, and although last night was definitley a stepback, im not gonna get to crazy over 1 loss when we are still 3-1 and first in the division. Its WAY too early to be critisizing Martz and saying that he wont work when this is the best offense he has dealt with since St. Louis (and that has been the cause of his "journeyman" status since St. Louis more than his system), and for the most part ou offense is seriously improved and Cutler has been great. And for the record your Lions had a horrible defense while Martz was there and John Kitna at QB, but Martz still led them to a 7th ranked offense or some %@$# and a 7 win season, the year after he was fired... yall went 0-16. So lets not blame Martz for an abysmal Lions' team lack of success.

However in St. Louis Martz's offense was considered a very large reason to all their success there, and his time really ended because of health issues and defensive woes after Lovie left more than Martz's coaching woes. I would not consider Mike Martz a journeyman considering that he formed one of the best offense of all time as a OC in his first season in the NFL and also was largely successful as a head coach after that. **** Vermeil who was the HC of that 1999 SB winning Rams team in Martz's first season had this to say about Martz...

"I can't think, in my history of coaching, of any assistant who came into an NFL franchise and made the immediate impact that Mike Martz did."
and FTR i love how its the "real" Bears who come out in our 1 bad offensive performance this season, not when we exploded vs Dallas or beat GB. I guess thats how it is ion the NFL though. Even though our starting QB only played a half and we were only down 3-0 in that half. With some OL adjustments and the way our defense was playing for the most part in the 2nd half, with Cutler in i see no reason as to why we couldnt win that game or make it more competitive at least.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

It's the system
Martz:

Yes im  bored

30t6p3b.gif
Decent point that you made about Warner and Martz's system, but cmon, besides Warner who has he had to work with in recent years? Kitna? Alex Smith? JT O'Sullivan? Shaun Hill?
indifferent.gif

lets face it Cutler is the best QB and this Bears offense has the most talent than Martz has ever had since his stint in St. Louis which was a clear sucess. Up until last night game tthings seemed to have been working great as well, and although last night was definitley a stepback, im not gonna get to crazy over 1 loss when we are still 3-1 and first in the division. Its WAY too early to be critisizing Martz and saying that he wont work when this is the best offense he has dealt with since St. Louis (and that has been the cause of his "journeyman" status since St. Louis more than his system), and for the most part ou offense is seriously improved and Cutler has been great. And for the record your Lions had a horrible defense while Martz was there and John Kitna at QB, but Martz still led them to a 7th ranked offense or some %@$# and a 7 win season, the year after he was fired... yall went 0-16. So lets not blame Martz for an abysmal Lions' team lack of success.

However in St. Louis Martz's offense was considered a very large reason to all their success there, and his time really ended because of health issues and defensive woes after Lovie left more than Martz's coaching woes. I would not consider Mike Martz a journeyman considering that he formed one of the best offense of all time as a OC in his first season in the NFL and also was largely successful as a head coach after that. **** Vermeil who was the HC of that 1999 SB winning Rams team in Martz's first season had this to say about Martz...

"I can't think, in my history of coaching, of any assistant who came into an NFL franchise and made the immediate impact that Mike Martz did."
and FTR i love how its the "real" Bears who come out in our 1 bad offensive performance this season, not when we exploded vs Dallas or beat GB. I guess thats how it is ion the NFL though. Even though our starting QB only played a half and we were only down 3-0 in that half. With some OL adjustments and the way our defense was playing for the most part in the 2nd half, with Cutler in i see no reason as to why we couldnt win that game or make it more competitive at least.

Back
Top Bottom