2010 NFL Draft Completed! T-MINUS 362 DAY Till 2011 NFL DRAFT (1st page update w/all pick)

Originally Posted by toine2983

Really looking forward to this years draft.

smh.gif
 @ the NFL moving it Thursday when Flash Forward, Fringe and the NBA Playoffs will be on.
Yoooo. You're right, I just realized this.
smh.gif

Chances are the Rams will NOT pick 1st on the 2nd day..........Especially in this draft

[h1]Slurring Jerry Jones Bad-Mouths Bill Parcells, Tim Tebow[/h1]
link to video: http://deadspin.com/5516297/slurring-jerry-jones-bad+mouthg-bill-parcells-tim-tebow

A source sends along this video of a seemingly inebriated Jerry Jones waxing off about Tim Tebow ("he'd never get on the field"), Bill Parcells ("not worth a *!%$"), and how he got his stadium. Read the rough transcript after the jump.

Jerry Jones: Romo was a miracle.

Other guy: It was a miracle, wasn't it?

JJ: He almost never got in, and he almost was gone. Tebow would never…

Different other guy: What if you were the Jaguars or — would you just, just draft him and sell %$%$$@% jerseys?

JJ: That's the only reason I brought in Bill Parcells.

[Laughter]

JJ: [Inaudible. Sounds a little like, "Sell mammoth %%@***' rake," whatever that means.]

JJ: Bill's not worth a *!%$. I love him.

Different other guy: I know you do.

JJ: Not worth a *!%$, but I wanted — they were on my *+# so bad. J's gotta have a yes man. So to get this %%@***' stadium, I need to bring his *+# in.

Different other guy: What, you, you wouldn't take Tebow in the third round?

JJ: Why? He'd never get on the field. I can't get him out there.

[Laughter]

JJ: I can't get him out there.

[h1]More than 10 teams have taken Dez Bryant off their draft boards[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on April 13, 2010 9:12 PM ET

As former Oklahoma State receiver Dez Bryant generates an increasing amount of interest in the days leading up to the draft, a league source tells us that more than 10 teams have removed Bryant from their draft boards.

One such team, we're told, is the Seahawks.  The Browns and the Jaguars reportedly have removed him from their boards, too.

Per the source, the concern is that, once he gets paid, it's unknown whether he'll show up for work on a consistent basis.  Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reported several weeks ago that Bryant was late for multiple practices, and even games.

Of course, one way around this concern would be to insist upon inclusion of the same "diva clause" into Bryant's contract that the 49ers placed into receiver Michael Crabtree's deal, which hinges $15 million in escalators to participation in 90 percent of all activities, voluntary and mandatory.  It would be hard for Bryant's agent to balk at such a move.  After all, he's the same agent who agreed to the inclusion of that term in Crabtree's contract.

And as to those team who don't plan to consider drafting Bryant?  The reality is that 31 teams can take him off their draft boards -- and he can still be a first-round pick.

As Peter King of SI.com told us tonight, Hall of Fame tackle Anthony Munoz was removed from the draft boards of more than 10 teams; 14, to be exact.  And yet the knee injury that caused half the league to run in the other direction didn't keep him from becoming one of the best offensive linemen of all time.

Originally Posted by h3at23

As former Oklahoma State receiver Dez Bryant generates an increasing amount of interest in the days leading up to the draft, a league source tells us that more than 10 teams have removed Bryant from their draft boards.

One such team, we're told, is the Seahawks.  The Browns and the Jaguars reportedly have removed him from their boards, too.

Per the source, the concern is that, once he gets paid, it's unknown whether he'll show up for work on a consistent basis.  Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reported several weeks ago that Bryant was late for multiple practices, and even games.

Of course, one way around this concern would be to insist upon inclusion of the same "diva clause" into Bryant's contract that the 49ers placed into receiver Michael Crabtree's deal, which hinges $15 million in escalators to participation in 90 percent of all activities, voluntary and mandatory.  It would be hard for Bryant's agent to balk at such a move.  After all, he's the same agent who agreed to the inclusion of that term in Crabtree's contract.

And as to those team who don't plan to consider drafting Bryant?  The reality is that 31 teams can take him off their draft boards -- and he can still be a first-round pick.

As Peter King of SI.com told us tonight, Hall of Fame tackle Anthony Munoz was removed from the draft boards of more than 10 teams; 14, to be exact.  And yet the knee injury that caused half the league to run in the other direction didn't keep him from becoming one of the best offensive linemen of all time.
I have a feeling this guys gonna tear it up in the league after all this bashing he's taking

mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn i cant wait..

i have HIGH expectations from the eagles

Originally Posted by h3at23

Don't buy the hype about all these teams taking Bryant off their board. This time of year, I don't listen to any of this stuff.
If I'm picking in the 20's and I want Bryant to fall in my lap, I'm telling everyone I know he is off my board as well as 9 other teams
Every year there has to be a "villain" that we want to see get punished on draft day... Dez Bryant isn't a bad kid

and the all important one
I understand a few teams lacking a comfort level with Dez in the 1st but taking him off your board means you wouldn't take him in the 7th
laugh.gif
takin him off their  board... thats a Crock of +%%#
laugh.gif

[h3]Interesting stuff on Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall[/h3]
There are two players that tingle the toes (as Jim Mandich would say) of Dolphins fans as our team looks to checkmate all the moves the stinkin' New York Jets have been making and the evil New England Patriots are about to make with their 18 four picks in the draft's first two rounds. 

Dez Bryant.

Brandon Marshall.

I write about Bryant in today's Miami Herald and I share with you not only the sad circumstances of his upbringing but also what he's trying to do to overcome what he recognizes are maturity issues.

People close to Bryant tell me the wide receiver has hired a "life skills coach." Read the column to see what this person is charged with doing because it is interesting. Meanwhile, I asked if this so-called coach is traveling with Bryant as he takes his various visits to different teams around the league.

The question drew long pauses. "I don't want to confirm or deny that is happening," I was told.

Interesting. I make the case that Bryant having a "life skills coach" is a good thing. It shows he's being proactive in trying to address the issues some teams are worried about. But I've also heard some teams have been turned off when learning that this person is constantly around Bryant.

And yes, I've been told the "life skills coach" has been taking Bryant to some visits.

Regardless, I know the Dolphins have done extensive work on Bryant, trying to learn the truth about him and not just accept what is rumored. I think the truth about this kid paints a much more positive picture than the rumors.

As to Marshall, you know I hate rumor-mongering. I either tell you what other reputable sources are reporting or tell you what I have learned myself. When I don't know something I tell you.

I'm here to tell you that contrary to every instinct in my being and going against everything the Dolphins have said both privately and publicly, I keep hearing Marshall is indeed a possibility in Miami. (I cannot believe I just wrote that sentence.)

I got a call from an agent Tuesday night who wanted to know what I thought about Marshall coming to Miami.

"Isn't happening," I responded.

"What makes you so sure?" he asked.

"What do you know," I asked.

Well this agent represents a player on the Denver Broncos. And he tells me his client told him Marshall said the Dolphins are the other team -- along with Seattle -- interested in him.

That is not exactly straight from the horse's mouth. That is not even from the horse's brother's girlfriend.

But this is a serious agent I've known for years and he doesn't call to waste his time or mine. I am therefore passing it along to you.

Is it 100 percent? I still have my doubts. I find it hard to believe the Dolphins would be willing to give up multiple high picks (perhaps a second and third rounder) for the right to Marshall, whom they would then have to turn around and pay between $8-10 million per year on average.

It is just not a Dolphins type move. This team is supposed to be trying to add draft picks, not lose picks. It would also go against what coach Tony Sparano said at the NFL annual meeting when he said the Dolphins were interested in neither Marshall nor Terrell Owens.

But I pass it along to you nonethless. If nothing else, I've given my boy Joe Rose another entire show this morning -- just like I did Tuesday morning. You're welcome, Joe!

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...ryant-and-brandon-marshall.html#ixzz0l3CUUhDu

You wasted your time quoting all those Daniel Jeremiah tweets. Everyone should have already known those are smoke screens. Then again..........  

I start worring @ #7 with Cleveland if EB doesn't fall to them.

[h1]Cleveland Browns GM Tom Heckert says Browns have talked to St. Louis about trading up to No. 1 to get QB Sam Bradford[/h1][h4]http://connect.cleveland.com/user/mcabot/index.html [/h4][h5]April 15, 2010, 11:51AM[/h5]
CLEVELAND -- Browns general manager Tom Heckert admitted today that the Browns have talked to the St. Louis Rams about trading up to No. 1 to acquire quarterback Sam Bradford.
"We're playing a little phone tag,'' said Heckert. "But we've talked to them.''

Browns President Mike Holmgren admitted it would be difficult to pull off such a trade. "He's a coveted young man,'' said Holmgren. "You'd have to mortage the ranch. In the real world, we're probably going to go in a different direction.''

Heckert said he's talked to all of the teams ahead of the Browns at No. 7 and teams behind them about possible trades. The Browns have five picks in the first 92.

Bradford did not come to Cleveland for a visit, but Holmgren said that would not stop him from drafting him.

By Mary Kay Cabot, The Plain Dealer

[h1]Jaguars make it known they want to trade down[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on April 16, 2010 6:17 AM ET

Two years ago, the Ravens traded down from the eighth pick in the draft, and later picked up quarterback Joe Flacco.  The Jacksonville Jaguars had a front-row seat for the transaction, given that they were the ones who traded up to get defensive end Derrick Harvey.

In hindsight, they should have gone for Flacco instead.

There's a chance they're considering a similar drop-down-and-draft-a-quarterback maneuver.  Though they're wisely not talking about the back end of the potential transaction, G.M. Gene Smith has made it clear that the Jags are looking to move down from the No. 10 position.

It's still too early to tell whether the Jaguars will be able to pull it off.  "You can't anticipate anything at this point," Smith said at a pre-draft luncheon, according to Vito Stellino of the Florida Times-Union.  "Teams have said they're willing to be trade partners, and we think it's a good thing if we can help each other, but there hasn't been a lot of substance to our conversations."

They'd like to add more picks, since they don't have a second-round selection.  And, presumably, the organization has a business interest in at least considering quarterback Tim Tebow -- if, that is, the business truly wants to find a viable way to stay in the town where it currently is headquartered.

Asked about Tebow, Smith gave a generic "he'll be treated like everyone else" answer.  Asked about receiver Dez Bryant, whom the team reportedly has taken off the board, Smith said that players won't be yanked from the stack until Wednesday, when owner Wayne Weaver gets a rundown of some questionable players.

The fact that Weaver has a finger in the pot increases the chances that a play will be made for Tebow (if Weaver wants the team to thrive in Jacksonville), and it could be that Smith wants teams potentially interested in drafting Bryant to believe that the Jags could take him if they don't move down -- possibly in the hopes of luring them to jump into tenth position, which would be one spot in front of the Broncos, whom many think will be ready to pounce on Bryant at No. 11.

Back
Top Bottom