2010 NFL Draft Completed! T-MINUS 362 DAY Till 2011 NFL DRAFT (1st page update w/all pick)

Welcome to Miami Dez.  
pimp.gif

Meet your new teammate, Brandon. 
laugh.gif

*crosses fingers for next week*

Mel Kiper has the Raiders taking Jimmy Clausen with the 8th pick. Im not sure how I feel about this exactly. We mos def need a QB but who the hell is he going to throw the ball to?

I don't understand why the Raiders or Niners just take Jason Campbell. He's basically yours with a 4th or 5th rounder and way better than any QBs on those rosters.

[h1]Josh McDaniels says Dez Bryant is on the Broncos' board[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on April 17, 2010 7:02 AM ET

With receiver Brandon Marshall finally getting his long-coveted ticket out of Denver, the Broncos need to acquire at some point another dominant receiver -- a project that is far easier said than done.  Some think that the Broncos will simply pounce on Dez Bryant with the No. 11 pick in the draft.  At Friday's pre-draft press conference, Broncos coach Josh McDaniels talked both about Bryant -- and about the 11th overall selection.

"We had 
Dez Bryant here the other day, we spent time with him at the Combine, we spent a lot of time with him actually," McDaniels said.  "I'm not going to comment on Brandon, but with Dez Bryant, I think you need to be careful confusing character issues with some people who have made some mistakes. 

"This guy has never been arrested, never had a drinking issue and never done anything to put himself in that position.  I think he's made a few mistakes that he wishes he hadn't made but I think there's a difference.  You can say well, 'This guy has made a couple mistakes that have been really glorified,' and made a big deal of it and all of the sudden turn him into a really bad kid.  That's the farthest thing from the truth relative to [Bryant].  We enjoyed our visit with him and he did everything we asked him to do.  He had a smile on his face and he did everything well.  I'll tell you this, he's on our board -- there's no question.  I know there are other teams that may have taken him off their board but he is not one of the players who is off our board."

Of course, everything a coach says less than a week before the draft is subject to a very thick B.S. filter.  Given that McDaniels also mused about trading down, it could be that his comments about Bryant were aimed at persuading someone to move up to get him if Bryant remains on the board at No. 11.  

Really, why gush about the guy if you truly want him?  Indeed, there's a chance that such talk could prompt one of the teams sitting at No. 3 through No. 10 to take him.

Though we think Bryant's story has the potential to be an inspiring one, the problem with taking him is that, if he becomes a problem at the NFL level, it will be hard for the G.M. and/or coach who takes a chance on him to explain his way out of the situation when the guy who signs the checks wants to know why both a first-round pick and so much of the owner's money was spent on a guy with more red flags than the parking lot at a Nebraska game.

Just out of curiosity what network or you guys watching the draft on?

I've been watching it with ESPN the past few year but I think I'll rock with NFL Network this year.

Can't wait for Thursday.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

Mel Kiper has the Raiders taking Jimmy Clausen with the 8th pick. Im not sure how I feel about this exactly. We mos def need a QB but who the hell is he going to throw the ball to?

There is NO way he is coming to Oakland. Al never drafts Qbs in 1st round and the 1 he did is gonna go down as biggest bust of all time

Originally Posted by toine2983

Just out of curiosity what network or you guys watching the draft on?

I've been watching it with ESPN the past few year but I think I'll rock with NFL Network this year.

Can't wait for Thursday.
pimp.gif

I have Bright House here in Tampa and I'ma be here for the draft so I'm stuck with the breaking news network. NFLN and it's not even close
Mayock>>>>>>>>>> Kiper, McShay put together.

One thing that's going to help ESPN and make it watchable is Adam Schefter

If you have NFLN, I'ma envy you this draft weekend. 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

There is NO way he is coming to Oakland. Al never drafts Qbs in 1st round and the 1 he did is gonna go down as biggest bust of all time

unless clausen can run a 4.24, throw a nerf ball 110 yards, or out jewel jamarcus, he aint going to oakland.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Todd Marinovich,  Marc Wilsonm, & Jamarcus Russell ...
sick.gif

roll.gif

with Als track record of drafting QBs in round 1, its best he leave that position alone

[h1][/h1][h1][/h1][h1][/h1]
[h1]LeGarrette Blount: "I'm the best running back in this draft"[/h1]
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 18, 2010 8:09 AM ET
Former Oregon running back LeGarrette Blountis still best known for punching a Boise State player after a game inSeptember, but he's not lacking for confidence about how successfulhe'll be when he gets on the NFL field and gets to put his collegefootball career behind him for good.

"To be 100 percent honest, I feel like I'm the best running back in this draft," Blount told the Statesman Journal in Salem, Oregon.

Some teams might like that Colt McCoy-style confidence,while other teams might question whether Blount's attitude crosses theline into arrogance. Either way, few would agree with Blount that he'sbetter than C.J. Spiller, Ryan Mathews, Jonathan Dwyer or Jahvid Best, to name a few.

Blount says he's not concerned.

"I don't really look at my draft stock and what's on the Internet,"Blount said. "You can call them draft experts, but it doesn't meanthey're accurate."

Blountshould hope the experts aren't accurate, since many don't consider himone of the 10 best running backs in this draft, let alone the best.
[h1][/h1]
[h1]Bradford appears to pass final test with Rams[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 18, 2010 9:47 AM ET
Florio mentioned Saturday how Sam Bradford's camp requested that his final workout with the Rams be moved up, and it took place Friday.

It sounds like everything went off without a hitch.

The session reportedly focused less on Bradford's arm, and more on his mind.  The Rams worked him out like a practice.He showed his footwork, his drops, and his mobility before everthrowing the football.  Every pass was thrown with a specific gamesituation in mind.

"It was a little bit different," Bradford said to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "They come in and obviously they want to go through some of their reads, and some of the footwork's a little bit different."

Rams offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur could be heard exclaiming "perfect" after many plays.

"That's got to be good when the coach says 'perfect,'" said Bradford's agent Tom Condon.

[h1]Rolando McClain now says he doesn't have Crohn's disease[/h1]
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 18, 2010 2:50 PM ET

Following Alabama's Pro Day, linebacker Rolando McClain revealed that he has Crohn's Disease. But now he says he doesn't.

"In all my talks with my doctors in the past two weeks, with all the tests we've done, they don't even feel I have Crohn's disease," McClain told the Birmingham News.

McClain says he's not sure why he was diagnosed with the disease in ninth grade, but that he's gone through thorough medical testing in recent weeks and been told he doesn't have the illness.

"I have no idea," he said. "All I can say is, the doctor who diagnosed this, it's his job to diagnose it. All I can do is go by his rules. I don't have any signs of it right now."

Crohn's disease is a disorder that causes inflammation of the digestive tract, with symptoms including pain and diarrhea. Whether McClain has it or not, it didn't appear to bother him during his All-American 2009 season at Alabama. McClain is expected to be selected in the top half of the first round on Thursday.

Originally Posted by h3at23

With receiver Brandon Marshall finally getting his long-coveted ticket out of Denver, the Broncos need to acquire at some point another dominant receiver -- a project that is far easier said than done.  Some think that the Broncos will simply pounce on Dez Bryant with the No. 11 pick in the draft.  At Friday's pre-draft press conference, Broncos coach Josh McDaniels talked both about Bryant -- and about the 11th overall selection.

"We had 
Dez Bryant here the other day, we spent time with him at the Combine, we spent a lot of time with him actually," McDaniels said.  "I'm not going to comment on Brandon, but with Dez Bryant, I think you need to be careful confusing character issues with some people who have made some mistakes. 

"This guy has never been arrested, never had a drinking issue and never done anything to put himself in that position.  I think he's made a few mistakes that he wishes he hadn't made but I think there's a difference.  You can say well, 'This guy has made a couple mistakes that have been really glorified,' and made a big deal of it and all of the sudden turn him into a really bad kid.  That's the farthest thing from the truth relative to [Bryant].  We enjoyed our visit with him and he did everything we asked him to do.  He had a smile on his face and he did everything well.  I'll tell you this, he's on our board -- there's no question.  I know there are other teams that may have taken him off their board but he is not one of the players who is off our board."

Of course, everything a coach says less than a week before the draft is subject to a very thick B.S. filter.  Given that McDaniels also mused about trading down, it could be that his comments about Bryant were aimed at persuading someone to move up to get him if Bryant remains on the board at No. 11.  

Really, why gush about the guy if you truly want him?  Indeed, there's a chance that such talk could prompt one of the teams sitting at No. 3 through No. 10 to take him.

Though we think Bryant's story has the potential to be an inspiring one, the problem with taking him is that, if he becomes a problem at the NFL level, it will be hard for the G.M. and/or coach who takes a chance on him to explain his way out of the situation when the guy who signs the checks wants to know why both a first-round pick and so much of the owner's money was spent on a guy with more red flags than the parking lot at a Nebraska game.

Why would he openly state this?

Originally Posted by TheGift23

I don't understand why the Raiders or Niners just take Jason Campbell. He's basically yours with a 4th or 5th rounder and way better than any QBs on those rosters.

I personally want the Raiders to do it, but If I recall correctly the ******** placed a 2nd round tender on him.

I don't want him for a 2nd rounder.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by TheGift23

I personally want the Raiders to do it, but If I recall correctly the ******** placed a 2nd round tender on him.

I don't want him for a 2nd rounder.
******** would prob take a 3rd or 4th....

Blount in my eyes could very well end up being the best Running Back in the draft.
CJ Spiller is good too but i wouldnt be surprised if Blount tears it up in the NFL.

I wonder how low he's gonna drop because of his suspension this past year.
I think he should be a second rounder.

He woulda been top 15 if he wasnt suspended.

top 15 what? in the 1st round? No way, no how... even before the suspension he already had issues
dude ran a 4.7 at the combine ...

Jonathan Stewart ran a 4.4 and went 13th with no baggage.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by h3at23

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]

"We had 

[/color]

Why would he openly state this?

Mind games ...

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Blount in my eyes could very well end up being the best Running Back in the draft.
CJ Spiller is good too but i wouldnt be surprised if Blount tears it up in the NFL.

I wonder how low he's gonna drop because of his suspension this past year.
I think he should be a second rounder.

He woulda been top 15 if he wasnt suspended.

The cheetah had to have hacked this SN. Had to. 
Or he's paying you to say that.

Back
Top Bottom