********2010 NFL DRAFT TALK********

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Can I just ask why in the world most people hate Tim Tebow? as a football player and as a person?
eyes.gif

Can I just ask why in the world most people hate Tim Tebow? as a football player and as a person?
People think he's too perfect and they want to see him fail. Or at least, that's my friends' theory.

I wouldn't want my team to draft him but I'm by no means wishing anything bad on him. Best wishes to the dude.

people always hate good players

suh reminds me of bunkley when he came out. Not the cant miss pick that suh is though.

very quick at the point of attack and very strong @ that 300lb mark. Not a mass monster but very very strong and agile for his size.

it took bunk a few years to pan out..but i think suh is gonna be dominant in the nfl right away. He's like 25
laugh.gif

I wanna know what Giant fans think the team should go with the pick...

I think we need to go safety or OLB. However, the only real option at that spot is Taylor Mays, don't know about Earl Thomas and if we would wanna use himin the box. He's a much better cover guy. I know Mays' coverage skills are doodoo, but we are returning KP from injury & I loved the progressionthat he was making in coverage. If Mays can use his speed to blitz and play in the box, I see whoever we hire at DC doing some work with his potential(hopefully)

We had too many injuries on the D (Canty, Pierce, KP, Ross & Webster)

We've invested too much money on the DL, and we paid Canty all that money to be a run stuffer in the middle, hopefully he'll stay healthy and do that.

I'd like to see Danny Clark replaced ASAP. Maybe Navarro Bowman or Sergio Kindle

******** need an OT. Okung? Campbell? Williams? The random from Idaho? We should definately trade down though.

If Im the Rams I try my *#@ off to get out of the number 1 slot.
I also think a lot of teams are going to have MCcoy ahead of Suh come April
The Rams have to go WR. Somewhere early in the draft.

Im a jets fan but I think sean weatherspoon is a good fit for the giants. Hes an OLB in the 4-3 which is what they desperately need. Kindle is a 3-4 OLB

Originally Posted by The Wizard

I wanna know what Giant fans think

if mcclain is available, id love to see the giants pick him up. Its doubtful on both of thouse though, seeing as they drafted sintim in the 2nd round last yeari dont think theyll go lb that early.

To do list:

get a #1 corner
depth at lb
depth at oline
db's who want to play football.

I think in a few yrs when we start comparing careers from the 2010 Draft, Parrish Cox will be the best CB from this draft.

With Shanahan on board, I look at the ******** to draft smartly like the Broncos did during his tenure there. Trade picks for better ones and fond gems I.Later rounds since the ******** have a talented team but needs better QB play and playmakers.

Originally Posted by RoOk

With Shanahan on board, I look at the ******** to draft smartly like the Broncos did during his tenure there. Trade picks for better ones and fond gems I. Later rounds since the ******** have a talented team but needs better QB play and playmakers.

He was a terrible evaluator of defensive players though.

P. Cox is nice but don't sleep on Kyle Wilson either. That Thompson kid benefited a lot in the TCU game from not throwing Wilson's direction.

And I gotta say Laurent Robinson was ballin' for STL before he got hurt...

I see both sides of the Suh argument. If you're a Rams fan, you're tired of seeing busts at DL. If you can't trade down who do you take besides Suhthen? That is a major question for Spags and the Rams organization.

I'll be the first to say this draft class looks weak in a lot of areas, even with the potential underclassmen (besides DE/LB really). Not many arecompletely sold on Clausen or Bradford. Taking RBs high first-round seems to be a trend of the past. Dez is the clear #1 receiver in this class but after him -I don't think LaFell is as good as Bowe even though everyone keeps comparing them. The guy that asked about Danario Alexander: injuries have cost him a lotof explosiveness much like Cornelius Ingram. Couple good OTs to choose from - Okung, Black, Brown, Ducasse, Williams, and maybe Bulaga. Lots of DEs and LBs tochoose from...I like McClain, Washington, Weatherspoon, and Norwood a lot. I think both Nate Allen and Darrell Stuckey will have better careers than TaylorMays. Bottom line there's no real big impact player in this year's draft, no clear #1 choice. Trading down is ideal but harder to do nowadays. MaybeSTL can get Detroit or Tampa to bite on the Suh hype seeing as Schwartz needs to rebuild his defense and the Bucs want a Warren Sapp-type DT.

Originally Posted by Kalamazoo52

My dream draft for the Lions would be getting Suh with the 2nd pick and getting Donovan Warren with the 34th
pimp.gif
Lions are going to do either one or two things

-Lions are going to try to trade that 2nd pick to get 2 1'st round pics

or

- Draft Berry and get one of the other DL in the draft. This draft is so deep on the DL Front that it wouldn't be that bad of a thought if we couldn'tmove the pick. Delmas + Berry + Whatever DL that slips to us.... but we really won't get a real indication until everyone declaires.

^ Kalamazoo, you are dreaming
laugh.gif
That would be perfect for what Schwartzwants to do in Detroit but I think STL will end up taking Suh after all the deliberations are through. No one else is a clear #1 selection besides the optionof trading out through Tampa maybe. Morris is on a short leash though and will have little pull when it comes to their pick.

I like the idea of the Lions trading their #2 pick for two first-rounders if they can find a taker. Don't see it happening...

There's no way they take Berry with Delmas there - they have so many other needs to address. I think Lions fans would prefer to see McCoy even before theyuse another high pick on a safety. I can't believe they didn't go OT early last year, one of the major surprises at a position of need. That cancertainly be dealt with this year at #2 after Suh is taken. I don't think Okung at #2 would be too early when you consider their O-line situation. PlusI'm not sold on Trent Williams and Ducasse isn't a top 10 pick. Who knows if Bulaga will declare for the draft and Charles Brown/Ciron Black arelate-first, early-second round players depending on need.

EDIT: Kinda sleepy and forgot that Bruce Campbell and Anthony Davis already declared. OT board looks something like 1) Okung 2) Davis 3) Williams 4) Campbell5) Ducasse

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

^ Kalamazoo, you are dreaming
laugh.gif
That would be perfect for what Schwartz wants to do in Detroit but I think STL will end up taking Suh after all the deliberations are through. No one else is a clear #1 selection besides the option of trading out through Tampa maybe. Morris is on a short leash though and will have little pull when it comes to their pick.

I like the idea of the Lions trading their #2 pick for two first-rounders if they can find a taker. Don't see it happening...

There's no way they take Berry with Delmas there - they have so many other needs to address. I think Lions fans would prefer to see McCoy even before they use another high pick on a safety. I can't believe they didn't go OT early last year, one of the major surprises at a position of need. That can certainly be dealt with this year at #2 after Suh is taken. I don't think Okung at #2 would be too early when you consider their O-line situation. Plus I'm not sold on Trent Williams and Ducasse isn't a top 10 pick. Who knows if Bulaga will declare for the draft and Charles Brown/Ciron Black are late-first, early-second round players depending on need.

EDIT: Kinda sleepy and forgot that Bruce Campbell and Anthony Davis already declared. OT board looks something like 1) Okung 2) Davis 3) Williams 4) Campbell 5) Ducasse
- Thats the ideal thing to do so we could get a dt and ol, but you this organization has done nothing to surprise me in my 25 years of living. Reason that the E.Berry idea is looking a lot better because I believe they don't want to reach for a DL that high up if they can not move the pick. Maybethey pick Berry and hold him hostage to make a trade sometime whithin that first round. We need to go D with our first 2 pics though no matter what.

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

I think in a few yrs when we start comparing careers from the 2010 Draft, Parrish Cox will be the best CB from this draft.
From what I've seen, I think he's better that Haden by miles. That's just me though.

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

Any chance Haden drops to the Giants?
frown.gif
...hope he gets caught w/ weed or something like that the next few months to hurt his draft stock
laugh.gif

smh.gif
Really? Come on son.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by RoOk

roll.gif
What? A DT that runs a 4'9 compared to OLB/DE's that runs like
4'4's? Okay Dre lol
I'm talking in football terms you dunce.

laugh.gif
He called that man a dunce.
bush_dunce1233235517.jpg

The media has hyped him up to be this god like invincible figure. It's just like disliking the good two shoes/ teacher's pet in school when you wereyounger.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

From what I've seen, I think he's better that Haden by miles. That's just me though.

There's something about Haden that I just dont trust

Parrish Cox is a knucklehead though.

I'd question how much he really cares. He got arrested before the season started & got suspended for the bowl game.

And to C5A5D5A5, the Giants do not need to draft a CB early. LB & DT are the more pressing needs.

Most of the Giants problems came from the fact that Bruce Johnson, Kevin Dockery, CC Brown & Aaron Rouse had to get major burn in the secondary because ofthe injuries & because Sheridan wasn't aggressive enough on the D as Spugs was. He assumed that just bringing the front 4 would be enough to always getpressure on the QB. Sometimes a blitz helps.

Getting those guys healthy, along with a much more aggressive DC will be the keys.

Wizard, it seemed to me that once Pierce went down, the whole Giants D fell apart. So I would think LB is their need first and foremost. That's providedtheir secondary all come back healthy next year, and was it Usi that was talkin about his last game as a Giant? DL wouldn't be a bad second option ifthere's a better player there.

I like Haden myself. Everytime I saw him, he made plays. I think he'll be solid in the pros.

Is it possible for Berry and Delmas to play together? Or are they same position type safeties? Because if the Rams do take Suh, and the Lions can't takeBerry to go along with him, then that probably means McCoy goes next, and Tampa will get Berry. That sound feasable? Or maybe Detroit goes OL.

lol, screw it, let's go ahead and just send Dez to Detorit with Matty and Calvin and let's just have some fun in that dome.
laugh.gif

I saw the stats on the DT's, and I don't care. Dorsey was KILLING people in the SEC, injured, and double and tripled teamed. Numbers may not say it,but I think people forget what a nightmare he was. Suh may very well be the better more talented player, but I don't think there's this huge gapbetween them. And if Dorsey isn't doing well in the NFL, then that chance does exist that Suh won't cut it either.

People need to LET GO already on the Rams trading out the 1 spot. That is not going to happen. There is no MUST HAVE type franchise changer in the draft togo get with the #1 pick. Teams are not going to give up extra picks, AND 70 millions dollars for a player that's only a few notches above others in thisdraft. Get that thru ya'll's heads already.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom