********2010 NFL DRAFT TALK********

The NFL announced Tuesday the names of 53 players who have been granted special eligibility for the 2010 NFL Draft, which is scheduled for April 22-24 in New York.

The NFL Draft will start in primetime for the first time in 2010. The first round will be held on Thursday, April 22 at 7:30 p.m. ET. The second and third rounds are set for Friday, April 23 at 6:30 p.m. ET. Rounds 4-7 will be held on Saturday, April 24 at 10:00 a.m. ET.

The entire NFL Draft will be televised by NFL Network and ESPN.

Each of the 53 players has met the league's three-year eligibility rule, and each has submitted a written application in which he renounced his remaining college football eligibility. The deadline for receiving applications was Jan. 15.

The 53 players this year match the total number that was granted special eligibility in 2008. Last year, special eligibility was granted to 46 players.

The players declared eligible are:

Kareem Jackson DB Alabama

Rolando McClain LB Alabama

Rob Gronkowski TE Arizona

Jerell Norton DB Arkansas

Jahvid Best RB California

Antonio Brown WR Central Michigan

Linval Joseph DT East Carolina

Carlos Dunlap DE Florida

Joe Haden DB Florida

Aaron Hernandez TE Florida

Maurkice PounceyC Florida

Major Wright DB Florida

Ryan Mathews RB Fresno State

Rennie Curran LB Georgia

Reshad Jones DB Georgia

Morgan Burnett DB Georgia Tech

Jonathan Dwyer RB Georgia Tech

Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech

Demaryius ThomasWR Georgia Tech

Arrelious Benn WR Illinois

Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa

Amari Spievey DB Iowa

Dezmon Briscoe WR Kansas

Joshua Moore DB Kansas State

Chad Jones DB Louisiana State

Darius Marshall RB Marshall

Bruce Campbell OT Maryland

Donovan Warren DB Michigan

Jevan Snead QB Mississippi

Kevin Basped DE Nevada

Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame

Golden Tate WR Notre Dame

Thaddeus Gibson DE Ohio State

Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma

Dominique FranksDB Oklahoma

Jermaine GreshamTE Oklahoma

Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma

Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State

Navorro Bowman LB Penn State

Anthony Davis T Rutgers

Clifton GeathersDE South Carolina

Carlton MitchellWR South Florida

Jason Pierre-PaulDE South Florida

Everson Griffen DE Southern California

Joe McKnight RB Southern California

Damian Williams WR Southern California

Shawnbrey McNealRB Southern Methodist

Mike Williams WR Syracuse

Eric Berry DB Tennessee

Dennis Rogan DB Tennessee

Earl Thomas DB Texas

Brian Price DT UCLA

Jason Worilds DE Virginia Tech

Kiper's mock draft...didn't know whether to make a new thread or not so just stuck it in here:

[h2]Underclassmen dominate first mock[/h2] [h3]21 non-seniors show up in the first round of Mel Kiper's initial mock[/h3]
Comment Email Print Share
Kiper_Mel_35.jpg
By Mel Kiper
ESPN.com

nfl_u_nsuh1_576.jpg
Getty ImagesNdamukong Suh is Mel's choice for the first overall pick by the Rams.

Things certainly will change as the workout season commences, but it's time to get the ball rolling for the 2010 NFL draft. Remember that my Big Board and position group rankings (now adjusted so all declared players are grouped) are a good primer. That said, off we go.

Two things that stand out early in the first mock draft of the season are the degree to which the first round is dominated by underclassmen -- they make up 21 of the 32 picks -- and how we're seeing a truly deep class of defensive linemen. Even though many NFL teams now employ the 3-4, the options up front for either 4-3 or 3-4 defenses are pretty significant in this draft.

1.png

[h6]St. Louis Rams[/h6]
Record: 1-15

stl.gif

Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

Nobody questions that the top need for the Rams is a quarterback. But unless St. Louis trades down -- an extremely difficult proposition on multiple levels -- it shouldn't take a quarterback with its first pick. Suh is maybe the most dominating defensive tackle I've seen in 32 years of doing this. He can be effective immediately for the Rams.

2.png

[h6]Detroit Lions[/h6]
Record: 2-14

det.gif

Gerald McCoy*, DT, Oklahoma

Getting McCoy both fills a big need for the Lions and is an extraordinarily good consolation prize for any team unable to get Suh. McCoy makes his living in opponents' backfields and is such a talent he could have landed in this position last year had he declared as a redshirt sophomore.

3.png

[h6]Tampa Bay Buccaneers[/h6]
Record: 3-13

tam.gif

Eric Berry*, S, Tennessee

This is very early for a safety to go off the board, but Berry is that kind of talent. A player compared often (not unfairly) to Ed Reed, Berry is a difference-making safety headed to a league that has seen those types (Reed, Troy Polamalu, Bob Sanders) become more and more notable in recent years.

4.png

[h6]Washington ********[/h6]
Record: 4-12

was.gif

Sam Bradford*, QB, Oklahoma

Mike Shanahan and the ******** can get a quarterback here who might have been the top player taken had he opted to come out last year. The ******** need to find their franchise quarterback, and when healthy, Bradford is an exceptionally accurate passer with an underrated arm. Shanahan also hit on his last QB selection, when he drafted Jay Cutler in Denver.

5.png

[h6]Kansas City Chiefs[/h6]
Record: 4-12

kan.gif

Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State

I think the Chiefs could use help at safety as well, but Berry likely won't fall this far, and they'd be reaching on either of the two other safeties with first-round grades. Okung could solve two problems, making him a good value. He also could step in at LT and allow the Chiefs to move Brandon Albert to the right side. A pick that can pay immediate dividends for the Chiefs.

6.png

[h6]Seattle Seahawks[/h6]
Record: 5-11

sea.gif

Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech

Many in Seattle will view the offensive line as a greater need, but Morgan fills another huge hole for a team that simply couldn't get to the quarterback in 2009. He represents great value because he can rush the passer, is productive against the run and can even drop back -- a versatile talent. Pete Carroll knows defense and should love what Morgan can offer.

7.png

[h6]Cleveland Browns[/h6]

cle.gif

Joe Haden*, CB, Florida

I'm not convinced the Browns will be willing to draft a quarterback simply because the position is unsettled. In Haden, they can't go wrong with by far the top CB on the board, a player they can plug in from day one. A deft cover corner and great tackler, Haden is the total package.

8.png

[h6]Oakland Raiders[/h6]

oak.gif

Anthony Davis*, OT, Rutgers

Davis might not be the most complete tackle in the first round just yet, but he is the most naturally gifted and should get better. Great feet, ideal size and he has the ability to maul defenders in the run game. After a whiff in the first round last year, the Raiders should address a big need here.

9.png

[h6]Buffalo Bills[/h6]
Record: 6-10

buf.gif

Jimmy Clausen*, QB, Notre Dame

People will debate Clausen's merits long after he shakes the commissioner's hand, but he has continued to improve, has displayed toughness, has an NFL arm and, perhaps most importantly, has experience under center in a pro-style offense. That was a key for Matthew Stafford and Mark Sanchez, and is a huge consideration for scouts.

10.png

[h6]Denver Broncos (from Chicago)[/h6]
Record: 7-9

den.gif

Dez Bryant*, WR, Oklahoma State

In all likelihood, Brandon Marshall is headed elsewhere, so the Broncos will attempt to fill the void with the best deep threat in the draft. Bryant has great size and was unstoppable in the Big 12. He represents an immediate weapon in the passing game.

11.png

[h6]Jacksonville Jaguars[/h6]
Record: 7-9

jac.gif

Jason Pierre-Paul*, DE, South Florida

This is no place to draft a guy like Tim Tebow just to sell tickets. Pierre-Paul could be the Mario Williams of this draft class, a raw talent but one with remarkable athleticism and an incredible burst off the line. Could be a terror for QBs in the future and maybe he's local enough for some.

12.png

[h6]Miami Dolphins[/h6]
Record:7-9

mia.gif

Rolando McClain*, LB, Alabama

A potential home run for Miami, a team that needs an inside linebacker and could get the best one in the whole draft after the top 10. The Dolphins also could go after Bryant if he were to fall to them here, because they also must address WR.

13.png

[h6]San Francisco 49ers[/h6]
Record: 8-8

sfo.gif

Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma

I consider the right tackle position a big need for the 49ers, and getting Williams here should strengthen them immediately both in the run game and as they look to further develop a potentially dangerous passing game with Michael Crabtree and Vernon Davis.

14.png

[h6]Seattle Seahawks (from Denver)[/h6]

sea.gif

C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson

He's not an offensive lineman, but Spiller could be a Reggie Bush-like option for the Seahawks. For a coach uniquely familiar with what Bush can do, Spiller is a missing home run threat in the run game, a good receiver and a valuable returner. Fans will want O-line help, and I'd expect it in Round 2.

15.png

[h6]New York Giants[/h6]

nyg.gif

Carlos Dunlap*, DE, Florida

This is a high-value pick for the Giants, whose defensive line depth I feel has been overstated. There are makeup questions surrounding Dunlap, but for much of this past season, he was considered the premier pass-rusher in the college game. He has the potential to be like Jevon Kearse.

16.png

[h6]San Francisco 49ers (from Carolina)[/h6]

sfo.gif

Earl Thomas*, S, Texas

The 49ers need help in pass coverage, and Thomas fits because he's a great value here, whereas reaching for a CB at No. 16 wouldn't represent good value at all. Thomas isn't a huge guy but can cover a tremendous amount of real estate.

17.png

[h6]Tennessee Titans[/h6]

ten.gif

Everson Griffen*, DE, USC

Pierre-Paul likely won't fall this far, so the Titans get a gifted underclassman who looked like a pro coming out of high school and now is living up to his potential. He already has an NFL frame, and when Griffen is consistent, he's a strong pass-rusher.

18.png

[h6]Pittsburgh Steelers[/h6]
Record: 9-7

pit.gif

Bryan Bulaga*, OT, Iowa

Pittsburgh clearly needs help up front if it wants to return to power running and protecting the quarterback, and Bulaga is an emerging tackle with great feet from a pro-style system. The Steelers will improve immediately, and he wears the black and gold well already.

19.png

[h6]Atlanta Falcons[/h6]

atl.gif

Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas

The Falcons could use some help at OLB, and Kindle's continued improvement throughout the season is appealing. He's not quite in the class of Brian Orakpo, but he is a similar type of player and has proved to be very physical.

20.png

[h6]Houston Texans[/h6]

hou.gif

Brian Price*, DT, UCLA

Price is hidden away a bit in such a deep class of defensive linemen, but he's a disruptive force who utilizes great leverage. He should add depth to an improving defense.

21.png

[h6]Cincinnati Bengals[/h6]
Record: 10-6

cin.gif

Aaron Hernandez*, TE, Florida

They need to give Carson Palmer options in the passing game aside from who already is there, and Hernandez is the most athletic TE available, a guy with surprising run-after-catch ability. The favorite target of Tebow at Florida, he could offer immediate help in the passing game.

22.png

[h6]New England Patriots[/h6]

nwe.gif

Ricky Sapp, OLB, Clemson

The Patriots clearly need help when it comes to getting to opposing quarterbacks, and Sapp is an ideal fit on the edge in the 3-4. He's the kind of athlete who can adjust to being upright and flat-out knows how to get to the quarterback.

23.png

[h6]Green Bay Packers[/h6]
Record: 11-5

gnb.gif

Taylor Mays, S, USC

If you had told Green Bay in August that it could get Mays at No. 23 overall, the Packers would have been thrilled. An extraordinary athlete, Mays might have suffered against expectations, but the Pack hit a home run with Clay Matthews Jr. out of USC last year, and Mays both fills a need and has great potential.

24.png

[h6]Philadelphia Eagles[/h6]

phi.gif

Navorro Bowman*, OLB, Penn State

The Eagles need an athletic OLB, and they get a lot of value by landing Bowman here. Bowman lacks size, but any parsing on measurables can't overcome his great play on film. Could end up as the best at his position in this class.

25.png

[h6]Baltimore Ravens[/h6]

bal.gif

Jermaine Gresham*, TE, Oklahoma

Gresham is so good that while he sat out his junior year, I left him on the Big Board the whole time. Now healthy, he's a great find this late in the first round and a perfect target for Joe Flacco as an heir to Todd Heap. At a hair over 6-6 and 262 pounds, he's the total package at TE.

26.png

[h6]Arizona Cardinals[/h6]

ari.gif

Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee

I see this position as the second-biggest need for the Cardinals, and Williams is a great value here. Tremendously strong in the lower body, he is a disruptive force against the run.

27.png

[h6]Dallas Cowboys[/h6]

dal.gif

Bruce Campbell*, OT, Maryland

Jerry Jones knows he needs to address the tackle position after the debacle he witnessed against Minnesota in the divisional round of the playoffs, and Campbell, while still learning, is a tremendous talent at this position.

28.png

[h6]San Diego Chargers[/h6]
Record: 13-3

sdg.gif

Jonathan Dwyer*, RB, Georgia Tech

With the possible departure of LaDainian Tomlinson on the horizon, Dwyer represents the player who can handle 20-plus carries in an offense that already has a great speed back in Darren Sproles. Dwyer has ideal size and shows explosiveness.

29.png

[h6]New York Jets[/h6]

nyj.gif

Golden Tate*, WR, Notre Dame

The Jets must give Mark Sanchez some weapons in the passing game, and while Tate has question marks on his ability to separate, he is more physical than many think and has always been a playmaker. In the mold of Laveranues Coles.

30.png

[h6]Minnesota Vikings[/h6]
Record: 12-4

min.gif

Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida State

Need meets value here. Robinson is the second-best corner in the draft, and Minnesota should be happy to grab him this late. Robinson has the chance to step in and contribute.

31.png

[h6]New Orleans Saints[/h6]
Record: 13-3

nor.gif

Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State

Odrick is an ideal pick here for the Saints, who are looking to add stability to the rush defense. His presence helped standout LBs Bowman and Sean Lee run free up in Happy Valley, and the Saints will ask for the same.

32.png

[h6]Indianapolis Colts[/h6]
Record: 14-2

ind.gif

Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan

Graham was a one-man show for the Wolverines, leading the nation in tackles for loss as a senior. Always in the backfield, he's a guy who can learn under master pass-rushers in Indy and build on the tradition. He's been on my Big Board all year, so a good value this late.

* -- Draft-eligible junior/redshirt sophomore

Seahawks taking Morgan and having Curry from last year has all the makings of a nice solid core for that D.
eek.gif

I would be thrilled if we took McClain if Dez is off the board. Now that we have Nolan, I want to stock the shelves big time for him. So if we land either ofthose guys, I'm cool with that.

I don't want Golden out in NY though.
sick.gif

the Bengals just took Chase Kaufman in the 2nd round last yr didnt they? why go back to TE in the 1st round one yr later

he was injured rite ?

My draft wish: Al Davis relinquishes all GM power to someone else before the draft.
Has there ever been this many consecutive top 7 pick busts by any team in NFL history?

Jamarcus
DMC
DHB
... and our offense was still ranked 31st

smh.gif
frown.gif

sick.gif

Rams better take Suh. I know we need a lot of holes filled but we should go with the best overall player.

I would actually prefer McClain over Bryant, most receivers go in later rounds and we can probably pick up a guy like A.J. Green in the second round. WithMcClain the Miami Dolphins linebackers would be Joey Porter, Ayodele, Jason Taylor (if he stays), Channing Crowder, and Rolando McClain
sick.gif

AJ Green 2nd round? nah son. AJ green is a sophmore, he aint comin out til next yr
most WRs goin later rounds isnt that accurate neither.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

AJ Green 2nd round? nah son. AJ green is a sophmore, he aint comin out til next yr
most WRs goin later rounds isnt that accurate neither.
Oh @#%@ my bad didn't realize, thought he was coming to the league. And history has shown with guys like Boldin (2nd Round), T.O. (3rd Round),Colston (7th Round), Welker (undrafted), and Miles Austin (undrafted) that play makers at wide receiver can be found in later rounds.

Haden to the Browns at #7? PLEASE NO!
smh.gif

We have bigger needs than corner. Eric Wright is one of the better up and comers in the league.

I honestly don't think Dez OR Rolando will be available at #12 for you Dolphin fans...if these GM's know what they're doing that is...
nerd.gif

thats not Most Wrs.
U can find quality guys later but the torry Holts Moss's reggie waynes and larry Fitzgeralds are going to be snatched up in the 1st round More often thannot.

I like the Mike Nolan hire by Miami and I would love pick if they ended up with McClain. Parcells will have this team back in the playoffs next year.

I honestly believe either Dez or/and Rolando WILL be there at 12th (because of teams needs ahead of us). If not, we should trade down and add up valuable picks

Originally Posted by h3at23

I honestly believe either Dez or/and Rolando WILL be there at 12th (because of teams needs ahead of us). If not, we should trade down and add up valuable picks

You like Henne as the future QB? I can definitely see Tebow going to Miami in the second round. I think that would be a great pick with the way Miami plays.

Originally Published: January 20, 2010

[h2]Mel Kiper's latest 2010 Big Board[/h2]

Comment Email Print Share
By Mel Kiper Jr.
ESPN.com
Archive

This is the week when the Big Board officially takes a backseat in importance compared to the mock draft for most fans. But the Big Board is still vital to me as the base for which we can assess who is doing a good job in terms of draft value. In the first round, the top need often supersedes the value you gain at a certain selection point, but there comes a time when all bets are off. If a guy in the top five of this Board falls to you at, say, No. 15-20, you'll see teams decide to address that need later. The value is just too high.

So even as the mock drafts pile up, the Big Board still matters.

board_bar.png

1.jpg

Ndamukong Suh

DT

6-4

158.gif

Analysis: Explosive, relentless and consistent. Last week: No. 1

2.jpg

Gerald McCoy

DT

6-4

201.gif

Analysis: Disruptive force. Productive NFL career ahead. Last week: No. 2

3.jpg

Eric Berry

DB

5-11

2633.gif

Analysis: Ultimate playmaker in the Ed Reed mold. Last week: No. 3

4.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4840832#Jimmy Clausen

QB

6-3

87.gif

Analysis: Improved through adversity, has under-center experience. Last week: No. 4

5.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4840832#Sam Bradford

QB

6-4

201.gif

Analysis: Has underrated arm, great feel for position; is superaccurate. Last week: No. 5

6.jpg

Joe Haden

CB

5-11

57.gif

Analysis: Polished cover corner with tackling ability to match. Last week: No. 6

7.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4840832#Derrick Morgan

DE

6-4

59.gif

Analysis: Solid pass-rusher but stout versus run. Very productive. Last week: No. 8

8.jpg

Russell Okung

OT

6-5

197.gif

Analysis: Athletic, strong and fiery blindside pass-protector. Last week: No. 7

9.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4840832#Dez Bryant

WR

6-2

197.gif

Analysis: Dynamic receiver and returner. Draft's best downfield threat. Last week: No. 9

10.jpg

Rolando McClain

LB

6-4

333.gif

Analysis: Fiery, vocal team leader with top instincts for position. Last week: No. 10

11.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4840832#Earl Thomas

S

5-10

251.gif

Analysis: Athletic safety with cover skills; can contribute immediately. Last week: 11

12.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4840832#Jason Pierre-Paul

DE

6-5

58.gif

Analysis: Explosive, natural pass-rusher; raw but physically gifted. Last week: No. 12

13.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4840832#C.J. Spiller

RB

5-11

228.gif

Analysis: Multitalented, superfast, electrifying game-breaker. Good hands. Last week: No. 12

14.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4840832#Brian Price

DT

6-2

26.gif

Analysis: Powerful leverage guy who wreaks havoc along line. Last week: No. 13

15.jpg

Carlos Dunlap

DE

6-6

57.gif

Analysis: Physical tools are off the charts. Has unlimited upside. Last week: No. 14

16.jpg

Aaron Hernandez

TE

6-2

57.gif

Analysis: Great hands and excellent run-after-catch skills for a TE. Last week: No. 16

17.jpg

Everson Griffen

DE

6-3

30.gif

Analysis: Supremely talented pass-rusher; gained consistency this past season. Last week: No. 17

18.jpg

Anthony Davis

OT

6-6

164.gif

Analysis: Gifted physically, has quick feet and still improving. Last week: No. 18

19.jpg

Dan Williams

DT

6-3

2633.gif

Analysis: High motor, consistent, tremendously powerful lower body. Last week: No. 19

20.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4840832#Bryan Bulaga

OL

6-6

2294.gif

Analysis: His leverage is incredible; one of his biggest assets. Last week: No. 20

21.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4840832#Taylor Mays

S

6-3

30.gif

Analysis: Stunning physical skills, but struggled on young team. Last week: No. 21

22.jpg

Trent Williams

OL

6-5

201.gif

Analysis: Long and strong. Back on Big Board after a long hiatus. Last week: No. 22

23.jpg

Brandon Graham

DE

6-2

130.gif

Analysis: Awesome athlete; force off the edge, led nation in TFLs. Last week: No. 23

24.jpg

Sergio Kindle

LB

6-4

251.gif

Analysis: Improved all year; prototype 3-4 OLB in NFL. Last week: No. 24

25.jpg

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4840832#Jermaine Gresham

TE

6-6

201.gif

Analysis: Great talent but missed season. Workouts will be big. Last week: No. 25

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

You like Henne as the future QB? I can definitely see Tebow going to Miami in the second round. I think that would be a great pick with the way Miami plays.
Henne will be dangerous as hell with real receivers. I already said on here, Chad to Dez could be a LETHAL duo...

And they already took Pat White in the 2nd round last year. No need to take another project QB/potential Wildcat guy that early.

Good call. Forgot about White. I'd still like Tebow on that team though. Nonetheless, Miami should be real strong in a few years.

Like i said in the Dolphins thread;

Mcclain/Bryant/Berry. If all 3 are gone by 12 then we need to trade down.

I honestly do.....I've been preaching Henne to anyone that would listen since last yr. Once he gets his touch passes mastered and an actual #1WR, the sky's the limit for this kid.

I don't think/hope we'll be drafting a QB early for a long time. Tebow has Jax writing all over him

Originally Posted by miamib30514

Like i said in the Dolphins thread;

Mcclain/Bryant/Berry. If all 3 are gone by 12 then we need to trade down.
As much as I hate to say this, unless one of those guys has a terrible combine I don't think we will snatch any of them with the 12th pick.
I honestly do.....I've been preaching Henne to anyone that would listen since last yr. Once he gets his touch passes mastered and an actual #1 WR, the sky's the limit for this kid.

Yes the boy has a gun, if he fully develops his accuracy and timing he'll be an elite quarterback one day.

I'm ecstatic as hell if I'm a Niners fan and get Tebow
*edit: the pic i was using is gone but no, no tebow, no

someone give me a scouting report on danario alexander, everytime i saw him play he was great. maybe he's a little skinny, routes not that crispy, kneeinjuries... but two of those are correctable, and the last one's just a risk every player has to deal with. i feel like he has a future for sure

Back
Top Bottom