2010 Official Boxing Thread: Soto/Antillon, 2010 Fight of the Year.

" I GOT DROPPED MANNNN"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Does he not know what's going on?
laugh.gif

Dirrell basically won every round, dropped abraham in the 2nd, in the 11th dirrell slipped in the corner, was on both knees and abraham caught him with a mean hook,  Dirrell was KO'd, Abraham was disqualified, Dirrell still doesn't know he won the fight

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

What happened? Somebody update me.
Dirrell was basically winning every round by outboxing him in the center of the ring for 8 or so rounds and even drops Abraham once. Dirrell starts to get tired and takes breaks in corners and abraham drops him once, and you could tell the fight was starting to turn at that point. Start of the 10th round, Dirrell slips throwing a punch and Abraham knocks him out with a right hand on the chin. Abraham loses by DQ, and Dirrell probably got a mild concussion, gets up crying because he thinks he lost. Abraham claims Dirrell wasn't down and was acting, Dirrell isn't able to give an interview

abraham was losing most the rounds, he began to surge, scored a knockdown in the 10th.
the 11th starts and he's chasing Dirrell down and he hits him as he slips. Dirrell goes down on a knee and Abraham hits him with a vicious uppercut while he was on a knee. and Andre was out COLD
the stupid part is abraham was really gettin to him too

dirrell loooked great til he ate that right in the 10th

Abraham DQ'd.

yea Abraham's clan isnt the classiest crew in boxing. I remember his family running in the ring and jumping in Edison Miranda's face after he got knocked out

eek.gif
cayo/Maidano is lookin real good wow!

Cayo > victor ortiz

roll.gif

soon as I say that, cayo gets knocked out by a body punch akjsdhfa;dsfadsfasdfa

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Cayo went down like he  got Shot by a snipers bullet from the rafters

Abraham

smh.gif

Dirrell was on one knee when he took that shot.  He would have easily won by decision had it gone the full 12.

I can't believe that actually happened.  The slow motion replays are disturbing.

I hope he's alright. 

tired.gif

Abraham did Andre dirty with that punch. Hopefully he doesn't have any lasting effects. Even Dirrell himself though he lost the fight.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Dirrell was on one knee when he took that shot.  He would have easily won by decision had it gone the full 12.
Dirrell was winning easily up to the 10th round and was looking to win a decision, but Abraham was catching Dirrell with some punches in the late rounds could've been interesting last couple of rounds, but I agree Dirrell would've most likely won he was up on all 3 judges scorecards.
That punch was really dirty though 
tired.gif

I think Arthur should be removed from the super 6 and be suspended. that #%#% was blatant and scary. He's very lucky the Dirrell crew has more sense than his, cus if things were reversed I promise, his entourage woulda been in the ring causing a riot.

Joan Guzman is a Bum of epic proportions, congrats to him on that Bogus "W"

I heard Daniel jacobs Looked real good in the un Televised match before the HBO card... wish I could have seen it

Good night of boxing last night.

That whole Dirrell/Abraham fight felt weird.

From Andre's heart and chin, to the bogus $%@ ref Laurence Coles, who f's up every fight I have ever seen him in...to the doctor, that actually worked on Abrahams cut instead of just looking at at....and off course that painful DQ.

AA did have a chance for a late KO but with Andres spirit and chin staying tough throughout the fight, plus his footwork still being crisp..I think he would have gotten a nice unanimous Victory.

The way he was looking and reacting after that DQ punch was scary, legs twitching, waking up crying in a daze, not even knowing that he won the fight. He looked like he woke up from a nightmare and didn't know where he was. Someone threw something at him on the way back into the tunnel and he looked back at them real confused. He put a lot into that fight, you could see from his emotional reaction when he woke up. I just hope he makes a full mental and psychical recovery.

Abraham is a likable fighter but that was definitely a dirty frustration shot. He clearly saw Dirrell on the canvas for a good 3 seconds or so and then decided to hit him. Plus all of that faking he was doing every time he got hit with a good body punch was annoying. If you keep your hands high all fight, expect that your body will get attacked and if you're not hurt by a seriously lowblow...why the hell do you keep complaining and stopping the action? At the end of the fight, the cuts and welts his face showed his frustration but that "he's a good actor" comment really made me lose respect for him, especially when he was the one acting all fight because while getting thoroughly outboxed.

It was a great fight until that ending though.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Good night of boxing last night.

That whole Dirrell/Abraham fight felt weird.

From Andre's heart and chin, to the bogus $%@ ref Laurence Coles, who f's up every fight I have ever seen him in...to the doctor, that actually worked on Abrahams cut instead of just looking at at....and off course that painful DQ.

AA did have a chance for a late KO but with Andres spirit and chin staying tough throughout the fight, plus his footwork still being crisp..I think he would have gotten a nice unanimous Victory.

The way he was looking and reacting after that DQ punch was scary, legs twitching, waking up crying in a daze, not even knowing that he won the fight. He looked like he woke up from a nightmare and didn't know where he was. Someone threw something at him on the way back into the tunnel and he looked back at them real confused. He put a lot into that fight, you could see from his emotional reaction when he woke up. I just hope he makes a full mental and psychical recovery.

Abraham is a likable fighter but that was definitely a dirty frustration shot. He clearly saw Dirrell on the canvas for a good 3 seconds or so and then decided to hit him. Plus all of that faking he was doing every time he got hit with a good body punch was annoying. If you keep your hands high all fight, expect that your body will get attacked and if you're not hurt by a seriously lowblow...why the hell do you keep complaining and stopping the action? At the end of the fight, the cuts and welts his face showed his frustration but that "he's a good actor" comment really made me lose respect for him, especially when he was the one acting all fight because while getting thoroughly outboxed.

It was a great fight until that ending though.

Couldn't agree more with what you said about Abraham. And in general, the fight did seem very odd. Honestly, I felt that the turning point in the fight was the doctors getting Abraham's cut to clot. I can understand wiping it off, but they actually put pressure on it with a pad until the bleeding stopped. I never saw anything like that before. Right after that Abraham seemed to have a renewed confidence and I think Dirrell was a little less quick on his feet towards the end (it's very hard to run around the ring like that for 12 rounds without taking breaks, and Abraham went after him when he started to take breaks)...

From the Super 6 buildup show (their version of 24/7 I forgot the name of it), Abraham seems like a likeable guy, but faking low blows on soft beltline jabs, and his reaction to the DQ was disgraceful. If he at least said it was an accident, I could understand, but he said he wasn't down and was acting? AND he didn't even give Andre any credit for basically blanking him and making him look like Joshua Clottey for 10 rounds

I hope these fighters realize that vs pressure fighters that ear muff defense is %*%@#@+ basic as hell and will have u losing. Abraham became effective when he stopped with that %%+% defense and was actually in position to throw punches.

I completely forgot to talk about the Doctor LMAO hahaha that was mind boggling.

Shout out to Body punching. Maidano
pimp.gif

You know Maidana is not getting anywhere near Khan now. They better strip Khan's belt and make Maidana the champ. @+%% that #%##!. He'll eat Khan for breakfast in the ring.

Joey Yayo
laugh.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Calzaghe regrets occasional drug use[/h1]

LONDON -- Retired boxing world champion Joe Calzaghe admitted Sunday he had used cocaine since quitting the sport.

box_f_calzaghe_65.jpg

Calzaghe

The 38-year-old Welshman, who retired in February last year undefeated in 46 professional fights, made the admission in a statement responding to an undercover investigation conducted by a British tabloid newspaper.

"I very much regret my occasional use of cocaine in what have sometimes been the long days since my retirement from the ring," Calzaghe said. "I am fully aware of the bad example it sets to other people and particularly to youngsters and I apologize to my family, friends and fans. It is not a major problem in my life but it is something which I am actively addressing."

The News of the World reporters posed as potential sponsors to gain access to set up meetings with Calzaghe, and recorded him talking about drugs.

"Many of the other conversations reported to have taken place simply involve men joshing or shooting the breeze over a drink," Calzaghe said. "While some statements are either untrue or exaggerations, I am, naturally, sorry for any embarrassment their publication may cause to entirely blameless third parties."

The former undisputed super-middleweight world champion has twice been honored by Queen Elizabeth II.

The British monarch has awarded him the Commander of the Order of the British Empire and the Member of the Order of the British Empire.

"I am deeply sorry if anyone feels let down," Calzaghe said, "and I will make sure that nothing like it happens again."

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

to the bogus $%@ ref Laurence Coles, who f's up every fight I have ever seen him in
Word, he was extra terrible last night. I think the DQ coulda been prevented if there were a better referee in there.

Hope Dirrell's okay and I can't believe ppl actually think he was acting last night. That @@#% had me scared.

Joey Yayo
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I heard there's a vid too.

Back
Top Bottom