2011 Air Jordan III (3) Blk/Cement-Grey: Aftermath Thread

Originally Posted by CDUNK

What is the exact process with sending a shoe back?  How hard is it?  Would they take it back just because of chipping?  I remember back in 96 I bought OG Penny IIs; for some reason the air bag kept popping when I played in them, and I'd just return them to the store.  They would just keep giving me new pairs, no questions asked; I wonder if it's as easy as that when sending it back to Nike.

You just get a gift card voucher that you can only use at Nike.com. 

What is the exact process with sending a shoe back?  How hard is it?  Would they take it back just because of chipping?  I remember back in 96 I bought OG Penny IIs; for some reason the air bag kept popping when I played in them, and I'd just return them to the store.  They would just keep giving me new pairs, no questions asked; I wonder if it's as easy as that when sending it back to Nike.

I'm not a nitpicker in terms of quality, but I'm so let down on the quality of these.
30t6p3b.gif

- Different types of leather on both shoes

- Paint chipping after one wear
mad.gif
 (TB with 15+ wears has none thus far).

30t6p3b.gif

mad.gif

30t6p3b.gif

mad.gif

I'm not a nitpicker in terms of quality, but I'm so let down on the quality of these.
30t6p3b.gif

- Different types of leather on both shoes

- Paint chipping after one wear
mad.gif
 (TB with 15+ wears has none thus far).

30t6p3b.gif

mad.gif

30t6p3b.gif

mad.gif

I have never seen people nit-pick about things that they know damn well are gonna happen like they do on NT.
laugh.gif

I have never seen people nit-pick about things that they know damn well are gonna happen like they do on NT.
laugh.gif

It's because a lot of people leading up to the release dissed the CDP and convinced themselves and were convinced by others that this release would be so much better. They just knew they wouldn't crack. Now they're let down. That's why I try to avoid hyping kicks up until I see and wear them. Most of Nike's recent retros are the same, it's a steady decline in quality, even if it's something recently released like the black cement or last shots.

It's because a lot of people leading up to the release dissed the CDP and convinced themselves and were convinced by others that this release would be so much better. They just knew they wouldn't crack. Now they're let down. That's why I try to avoid hyping kicks up until I see and wear them. Most of Nike's recent retros are the same, it's a steady decline in quality, even if it's something recently released like the black cement or last shots.

Originally Posted by BaltimoreGutta

I don't understand why people are complaining about these cracking. I'm sure most people knew these were prone to doing so before buying them hence the reason why I doubled up.

As for my pair that's been worn, it has cracking and such but not as bad as I thought. I wore it NYE from about 10 am to 4 am on New Years day and the cracks on them were from the previous wears.

yea ur right, i read all the posts saying these would crack up over time... just didnt think it would happen so soon, but i guess thats how it goes... ^^^ so ur reasoning is you knew these were b.s. quality. because of that you went out and bought 2 pairs of poorly made kicks.

Originally Posted by BaltimoreGutta

I don't understand why people are complaining about these cracking. I'm sure most people knew these were prone to doing so before buying them hence the reason why I doubled up.

As for my pair that's been worn, it has cracking and such but not as bad as I thought. I wore it NYE from about 10 am to 4 am on New Years day and the cracks on them were from the previous wears.

yea ur right, i read all the posts saying these would crack up over time... just didnt think it would happen so soon, but i guess thats how it goes... ^^^ so ur reasoning is you knew these were b.s. quality. because of that you went out and bought 2 pairs of poorly made kicks.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

laugh.gif

I can live with cracking, but I've NEVER received a shoe from Jordan that had two different types of leather on a pair. That's not nit-picking, that's ludicrous!

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

laugh.gif

I can live with cracking, but I've NEVER received a shoe from Jordan that had two different types of leather on a pair. That's not nit-picking, that's ludicrous!

Originally Posted by cguy610

Or you can take them back to whatever retailer you purchased them from. Nike/JB retailers are required to take shoes back if they have manufacturer defects (quality complaints fall under this as well). Now the stores return policy still holds up, so they'll make you exchange them for the current retail price if the receipt has expired or is not with you.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Or you can take them back to whatever retailer you purchased them from. Nike/JB retailers are required to take shoes back if they have manufacturer defects (quality complaints fall under this as well). Now the stores return policy still holds up, so they'll make you exchange them for the current retail price if the receipt has expired or is not with you.

The more I wear them the more I like them. Haven't had any chipping issues with these or the True Blues. Missed out on the White Cements. Going to try to double up on the IV WCs to trade for the III WCs.

Back
Top Bottom