2011 Air Jordan III (3) Blk/Cement-Grey: Aftermath Thread

Damn. I've had a lot of trouble putting these on because I love them so much, but seeing how the cracking is going I'm just gonna start rocking these to death. Even if I were to preserve these for a while it seems like there's no chance of them holdin up. Hopefully they'll put out a new better quality pair before mine die and I can keep those ones for the long haul...

Originally Posted by nimhet

Originally Posted by MaddoxKay

They look great on feet and are super comfy but today I rocked them for the second time and encountered cracking on the back of the right shoe
frown.gif
. And I take great care of all my shoes smh
really?  My air max 2009, 2011, kobe V / VI and Lebron VIII's are comfy.  These feel like bricks on my feet...no cushioning and weighs a ton

The dude probably doesn't have anything modern to compare to. The zoom and 360 air bag model Nike's on the market feel so much better than the pre-historic air bags they used in 88...

They look great on feet and are super comfy but today I rocked them for the second time and encountered cracking on the back of the right shoe
frown.gif
really?  My air max 2009, 2011, kobe V / VI and Lebron VIII's are comfy.  These feel like bricks on my feet...no cushioning and weighs a ton

The dude probably doesn't have anything modern to compare to. The zoom and 360 air bag model Nike's on the market feel so much better than the pre-historic air bags they used in 88...

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

frown.gif

plus these retro J's have no ventilation.  It feels like my feet are in an oven when wearing them, but that's not going to stop me from buying them. 
laugh.gif

frown.gif

plus these retro J's have no ventilation.  It feels like my feet are in an oven when wearing them, but that's not going to stop me from buying them. 
laugh.gif

frown.gif

But you guys say this like you didn't already know the deal with them. 
If that were the case, we should all ditch retro Jordans and just wear new releases if we're going by which ones feels better. 

The III's are comfortable to wear, old technology or not. 

You can't compare old shoe comfort to new shoe comfort. Thats like comparing an antique car to a new model. Of course the new model will have better bells and whistles. That doesn't mean the old car isn't still great to ride in. 

frown.gif

If that were the case, we should all ditch retro Jordans and just wear new releases if we're going by which ones feels better. 

You can't compare old shoe comfort to new shoe comfort. Thats like comparing an antique car to a new model. Of course the new model will have better bells and whistles. That doesn't mean the old car isn't still great to ride in. 

frown.gif

I've got several pairs of kobe iv, v, and vi, and a couple pairs of bron 8s and 9s, and the brons are definitely very comfy. However, 3s, 4s and 11s are also very comfortable for me

frown.gif

I've got several pairs of kobe iv, v, and vi, and a couple pairs of bron 8s and 9s, and the brons are definitely very comfy. However, 3s, 4s and 11s are also very comfortable for me

laugh.gif

So true. If I had to cut weight for anything I'd buy a pair of these a 1/2 size down.

laugh.gif

So true. If I had to cut weight for anything I'd buy a pair of these a 1/2 size down.

i regret selling my cdp 3's. i thought mj was gonna make minor changes on the black cement three's. The shinyness on the leather has to cease (stop). ive seen several if not most pair's have a terrible crease in the toe box area, the shyness of the shoe makes it easy to point out. I did manage to stumble across some pairs where the leather of the shoe look consitent and no glistenining, other than theyll do for now. We all know jordan would rerelase these kicks down the line and maybe the leather would be dull or maybe it will be suede...

i regret selling my cdp 3's. i thought mj was gonna make minor changes on the black cement three's. The shinyness on the leather has to cease (stop). ive seen several if not most pair's have a terrible crease in the toe box area, the shyness of the shoe makes it easy to point out. I did manage to stumble across some pairs where the leather of the shoe look consitent and no glistenining, other than theyll do for now. We all know jordan would rerelase these kicks down the line and maybe the leather would be dull or maybe it will be suede...

Did no one else's CDP 3's crack and crease ? I'm asking because mine did , badly.... Ended up selling mine ..both pair....I Got to the point that i didnt like em after the 4th wear...Maybe i had a bad pair... Idunno...Me personally I am having better luck with these for some reason.... 7 all day wears with no signs of cracking and no creasing

Did no one else's CDP 3's crack and crease ? I'm asking because mine did , badly.... Ended up selling mine ..both pair....I Got to the point that i didnt like em after the 4th wear...Maybe i had a bad pair... Idunno...Me personally I am having better luck with these for some reason.... 7 all day wears with no signs of cracking and no creasing

My cdp 3's had at most a hairline fracture. the cracks weren't significant, you could almost pass it as dead stock. the only reason why i sold it on eBay is because i like new shoes, eventually in time shoes that tend to have white based leather tends to yellow. o well no sense in crying over spilled milk. my suggestion to those wearing the 3's and want to avoid the cracking. first you have to put weight into account if you big, one step two step and the shoes are beyond repair. another thing dont wear them everyday, when i bough my cdp i wore them at most 20 times didn't run, sat around casually. if you drive have a set of beaters to puch them pedals and the 3s in your bag,cause that could cause cracking as well.

My cdp 3's had at most a hairline fracture. the cracks weren't significant, you could almost pass it as dead stock. the only reason why i sold it on eBay is because i like new shoes, eventually in time shoes that tend to have white based leather tends to yellow. o well no sense in crying over spilled milk. my suggestion to those wearing the 3's and want to avoid the cracking. first you have to put weight into account if you big, one step two step and the shoes are beyond repair. another thing dont wear them everyday, when i bough my cdp i wore them at most 20 times didn't run, sat around casually. if you drive have a set of beaters to puch them pedals and the 3s in your bag,cause that could cause cracking as well.

Originally Posted by PRIME

Very true.
-Drew

Originally Posted by PRIME

Very true.
-Drew

i think some guys have to get over the paint chipping issue (& toe creasing also)
to really enjoy the shoes, don't pay it so much mind

has happened to just about every pair of my nikes
yes, even da older ones - and doesn't have much to do with the midsole actually cracking & crumbling
or the upper falling apart

i think some guys have to get over the paint chipping issue (& toe creasing also)
to really enjoy the shoes, don't pay it so much mind

has happened to just about every pair of my nikes
yes, even da older ones - and doesn't have much to do with the midsole actually cracking & crumbling
or the upper falling apart

Back
Top Bottom