2011 Air Jordan III (3) Blk/Cement-Grey: Aftermath Thread

Originally Posted by jordan3cement

Originally Posted by green rhino123

The decrease in leather quality on the retros over the years...so far...

i'd have to be pretty impressed with the '11 to purchase 

not really seeing any difference.. only thing i'd want is "nike air" on the back.. updated cement print actually pops a bit more.. i'd be much more worried about the dreaded "midsole cracking" other than that there isn't much to complain about.. IMO
There's an obvious difference in "leather" ...the newer retros have that dreaded shiny, plastic leather look to it

The shoe on the farthest right actually has a nice look to it

I hope JB doesn't drop the ball in terms of pleather quality....i already know the paint is horrific.

Originally Posted by green rhino123

The decrease in leather quality on the retros over the years...so far...

i'd have to be pretty impressed with the '11 to purchase 

not really seeing any difference.. only thing i'd want is "nike air" on the back.. updated cement print actually pops a bit more.. i'd be much more worried about the dreaded "midsole cracking" other than that there isn't much to complain about.. IMO
There's an obvious difference in "leather" ...the newer retros have that dreaded shiny, plastic leather look to it

I hope JB doesn't drop the ball in terms of pleather quality....i already know the paint is horrific.

I'd love to double up on these but with the ________ (insert any one of the 100 Retro's dropping this year
laugh.gif
), I gotta spread out the $$$ wisely!

I'd love to double up on these but with the ________ (insert any one of the 100 Retro's dropping this year
laugh.gif
), I gotta spread out the $$$ wisely!

Originally Posted by Houstons23rd

IDK why they would be bringing these back out

Yeah, why would a company want to make $$$ from a retro release that's guaranteed to sell out???  I don't know what JB is thinking....smh

Originally Posted by Houstons23rd

IDK why they would be bringing these back out

Yeah, why would a company want to make $$$ from a retro release that's guaranteed to sell out???  I don't know what JB is thinking....smh

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

From the looks of the elephant print. The farthest right ones look like the CDP. The shiny leather wasn't the problem, it was the cracking on the midsole.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

From the looks of the elephant print. The farthest right ones look like the CDP. The shiny leather wasn't the problem, it was the cracking on the midsole.

Do you think you're going to get Nike Air on the back?

Do you even have any Jordan's with Nike Air on the back?

Do you think you're going to get Nike Air on the back?

Do you even have any Jordan's with Nike Air on the back?

The pic above goes like this...'94, '01, '08

There is a difference in appearance of the leathers, though one must be trained to see it.

The reason I posted the way I did was to actually bring up the fact that one has to see
and feel the leather in person to fully judge because that's where there is a major difference.

The '94s upper feel like faux-lizard skin or like a nice wallet. The '01's are more buttery to the
touch or cushiony but the leather is thinner and overall feels markedly cheaper. The CDP feels
better than the '11 AJ3 releases so far but in my opinion, the leather on the black 3s is always better
than the white ones for some reason.

ALso, the side panel of leather always felt plush up until very recently with all AJ3 retros. Now that
don't even feel nice no more. And the 2011 tongue (and ankle) materials feel like vinyl or something.
If ya don't have em yet though, get em. Will trade in my cdp for these '11s if they are nice, but I doubt it.

The pic above goes like this...'94, '01, '08

There is a difference in appearance of the leathers, though one must be trained to see it.

The reason I posted the way I did was to actually bring up the fact that one has to see
and feel the leather in person to fully judge because that's where there is a major difference.

The '94s upper feel like faux-lizard skin or like a nice wallet. The '01's are more buttery to the
touch or cushiony but the leather is thinner and overall feels markedly cheaper. The CDP feels
better than the '11 AJ3 releases so far but in my opinion, the leather on the black 3s is always better
than the white ones for some reason.

ALso, the side panel of leather always felt plush up until very recently with all AJ3 retros. Now that
don't even feel nice no more. And the 2011 tongue (and ankle) materials feel like vinyl or something.
If ya don't have em yet though, get em. Will trade in my cdp for these '11s if they are nice, but I doubt it.

I've never doubled on a pair before...but this may be the time that I do.

I still have the box from 01...when they were $100...grumble grumble...

I've never doubled on a pair before...but this may be the time that I do.

I still have the box from 01...when they were $100...grumble grumble...

Back
Top Bottom