2011 Cancelled tv shows + FOX, ABC & NBC Freshman Shows

Originally Posted by jm2000

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

didnt watch none of that %+%!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by supahoopa

Some please tell me why are all these good shows getting cancelled ??

is it because of hulu/streaming sites and tivo ??

There's just no dedicated audience. DVR/Hulu is still accounted for in ratings. It doesn't help that network television is filled with stuff like American Idol and all of it's spinoffs and competitors. Those take up a lot of potential viewers, especially in competing time slots. 

tired.gif
 that sucks 5 of my shows were on that list..

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by supahoopa

Some please tell me why are all these good shows getting cancelled ??

is it because of hulu/streaming sites and tivo ??

There's just no dedicated audience. DVR/Hulu is still accounted for in ratings. It doesn't help that network television is filled with stuff like American Idol and all of it's spinoffs and competitors. Those take up a lot of potential viewers, especially in competing time slots. 

tired.gif
 that sucks 5 of my shows were on that list..

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by Aztec

But two which I really liked and hoped would last 5+ seasons where Caprica and Stargate Universe. There is supposedly already another Battlestar Galactica spin off in the works, but haven't heard anything in regards to Stargate.
A fellow sci-fi geek and Battlestar fan.  I got into Caprica kind of late but caught up in time for its cancellation.  I liked it but it was definitely very different from what people were expecting.  I think the new show is called Blood & Chrome, it'll be more similar to the previous Battlestar Galactica show (one of my favorite shows ever).  Wish I watched BG during its run on SyFy.  Hopefully SyFy will develop more shows, the only one i'm into currently is Being Human.
i watched EVERY ep of BSG on Syfy, absolutely LOVED it! i understood that Caprica was going to be different and fell in love with it too. sucked that they got cancelled... oh well i'm looking forward to B&C

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by Aztec

But two which I really liked and hoped would last 5+ seasons where Caprica and Stargate Universe. There is supposedly already another Battlestar Galactica spin off in the works, but haven't heard anything in regards to Stargate.
A fellow sci-fi geek and Battlestar fan.  I got into Caprica kind of late but caught up in time for its cancellation.  I liked it but it was definitely very different from what people were expecting.  I think the new show is called Blood & Chrome, it'll be more similar to the previous Battlestar Galactica show (one of my favorite shows ever).  Wish I watched BG during its run on SyFy.  Hopefully SyFy will develop more shows, the only one i'm into currently is Being Human.
i watched EVERY ep of BSG on Syfy, absolutely LOVED it! i understood that Caprica was going to be different and fell in love with it too. sucked that they got cancelled... oh well i'm looking forward to B&C

[h1]http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/nbc-cancels-the-event-too/[/h1]
[h1]UPDATE: NBC Cancels 'The Event', Talks Underway To Continue The Show Elsewhere[/h1]
By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Friday May 13, 2011 @ 10:56am PDTTags: canceled, NBC, Netflix, Nick Wauters, Steve Stark, The Event

Tweet
Comments 248
DH-TV_100x100_Final.jpg

UPDATE: No surprise there - NBC has pulled the plug on the low-rated sci-fi drama The Event, which started off strongly but quickly fizzled. But there is a twist, and it's not only the big surprise planned by the producers for the finale. Talks are underway with at least one distribution partner to take over the serialized drama. The Event executive producer Steve Stark wouldn't comment, but I hear new original programming player Netflix's name tossed around. Word is that there has been interest from several cable and digital entities. Stark said that they are exploring the opportunities with  the "full support" of the studio, UMS. "NBC has been an amazing partner, it launched the show beautifully," he said. Added creator Nick Wauters: "We have a dedicated fan base, and we promised them we will deliver one way or another and will continue to tell our stories."

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[h1]UPDATE: NBC Cancels 'The Event', Talks Underway To Continue The Show Elsewhere[/h1]
By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Friday May 13, 2011 @ 10:56am PDTTags: canceled, NBC, Netflix, Nick Wauters, Steve Stark, The Event

Tweet
Comments 248
DH-TV_100x100_Final.jpg

UPDATE: No surprise there - NBC has pulled the plug on the low-rated sci-fi drama The Event, which started off strongly but quickly fizzled. But there is a twist, and it's not only the big surprise planned by the producers for the finale. Talks are underway with at least one distribution partner to take over the serialized drama. The Event executive producer Steve Stark wouldn't comment, but I hear new original programming player Netflix's name tossed around. Word is that there has been interest from several cable and digital entities. Stark said that they are exploring the opportunities with  the "full support" of the studio, UMS. "NBC has been an amazing partner, it launched the show beautifully," he said. Added creator Nick Wauters: "We have a dedicated fan base, and we promised them we will deliver one way or another and will continue to tell our stories."

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Glad to see House of Payne Go. Such an ignorant show.
30t6p3b.gif

Following the success of his TBS sitcoms "House of Payne" and "Meet the Browns," producer-writer-actorTyler Perry and distributor Debmar Mercury have signed a deal to create a third series for the cable channel, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

"For Better or Worse," a dramedy, will be based on Perry's "Why Did I Get Married?" theatrical dramasMichael Jai White and Tasha Smith will reprise their roles from the two films, as TV anchor Marcus and salon owner Angela, THR said.

"Tyler Perry's series have been tremendously successful for TBS, helping establish the network as a prime destination for African-American viewers," said Michael Wright, executive vice president, head of programming, for TBS, TNT and Turner Classic Movies. "Given such a remarkable track record, we're excited for the opportunity to expand our relationship" with Perry and Debmar Mercury, Wright said.

"House of Payne" and "Meet the Browns" are among the highest-ranked TV sitcoms among black viewers ages 18 to 49, THR said.

"For Better or Worse" will start production this summer, just as "House of Payne" ends production after 222 episodes, the publication said.

Perry said working on "Payne" "taught me a lot about what it takes to make a successful television series and I'm looking forward to applying that experience to" the new series.

http://www.cleveland.com/..._plans_third_tbs_se.html

TBS loves that AYO Uncle Tom. he's going NOWHERE 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Glad to see House of Payne Go. Such an ignorant show.
30t6p3b.gif

Following the success of his TBS sitcoms "House of Payne" and "Meet the Browns," producer-writer-actorTyler Perry and distributor Debmar Mercury have signed a deal to create a third series for the cable channel, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

"For Better or Worse," a dramedy, will be based on Perry's "Why Did I Get Married?" theatrical dramasMichael Jai White and Tasha Smith will reprise their roles from the two films, as TV anchor Marcus and salon owner Angela, THR said.

"Tyler Perry's series have been tremendously successful for TBS, helping establish the network as a prime destination for African-American viewers," said Michael Wright, executive vice president, head of programming, for TBS, TNT and Turner Classic Movies. "Given such a remarkable track record, we're excited for the opportunity to expand our relationship" with Perry and Debmar Mercury, Wright said.

"House of Payne" and "Meet the Browns" are among the highest-ranked TV sitcoms among black viewers ages 18 to 49, THR said.

"For Better or Worse" will start production this summer, just as "House of Payne" ends production after 222 episodes, the publication said.

Perry said working on "Payne" "taught me a lot about what it takes to make a successful television series and I'm looking forward to applying that experience to" the new series.

http://www.cleveland.com/..._plans_third_tbs_se.html

TBS loves that AYO Uncle Tom. he's going NOWHERE 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Tweet
Comments 248
DH-TV_100x100_Final.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

baf152e995a923e6bfe9892fb5dae575ea6f467.gif

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Tweet
Comments 248
DH-TV_100x100_Final.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

baf152e995a923e6bfe9892fb5dae575ea6f467.gif

Originally Posted by hymen man

None of these affect me. thank god.

so glad "Luther" (BBC) & "SouthLAnd" aren't on there...ready for the new season of "Flashpoint" to start on June 17th too (CBS) 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by hymen man

None of these affect me. thank god.

so glad "Luther" (BBC) & "SouthLAnd" aren't on there...ready for the new season of "Flashpoint" to start on June 17th too (CBS) 
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom