2011 Cancelled tv shows + FOX, ABC & NBC Freshman Shows

A few I actually liked were canceled Glory Daze, V, and The Gates, but not that big of a deal. But two which I really liked and hoped would last 5+ seasons where Caprica and Stargate Universe. There is supposedly already another Battlestar Galactica spin off in the works, but haven't heard anything in regards to Stargate. I just dont want the Stargate franchise to die. And both shows had great season endings which would have been great to pick up on if there had been another season.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

The Event and No Ordinary Family?

Damn it!
mad.gif

I watched those two season (series) finales wondering what would happen. I will never know.
frown.gif
The Event still has two more episodes
Wow I swore the last episode I watched was the season finale lol. It just seemed like it... it was when the bald guy saw that he had the coffee stain on his cuff at the end of the episode.

Thanks for the heads up. Gotta catch up on hulu!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

The Event and No Ordinary Family?

Damn it!
mad.gif

I watched those two season (series) finales wondering what would happen. I will never know.
frown.gif
The Event still has two more episodes
Wow I swore the last episode I watched was the season finale lol. It just seemed like it... it was when the bald guy saw that he had the coffee stain on his cuff at the end of the episode.

Thanks for the heads up. Gotta catch up on hulu!
happy.gif

The Event started getting interesting to me especially because..spoiler alert below..
Spoiler [+]
The whole bloodline thing and aliens that have been coming to earth for thousands of years. Why have they kept coming back? What does their world look like? One thing I don't like and I feel is forced is old girl's ruthlessness. I don't know..I know its suppose to be a "bump in the road" but it doesn't seem natural to her character even to the extremes of her personality.
So, among the shows that have been canceled/ended which ones would you all recommend?

The Event started getting interesting to me especially because..spoiler alert below..
Spoiler [+]
The whole bloodline thing and aliens that have been coming to earth for thousands of years. Why have they kept coming back? What does their world look like? One thing I don't like and I feel is forced is old girl's ruthlessness. I don't know..I know its suppose to be a "bump in the road" but it doesn't seem natural to her character even to the extremes of her personality.
So, among the shows that have been canceled/ended which ones would you all recommend?

I'm only shocked at the Soaps getting the axe. The rest of these shows weren't producing the numbers. Nobody is buying ad space for these time slots. The only Law & Order that will never go anywhere is SVU. That is my #%$
pimp.gif

I'm only shocked at the Soaps getting the axe. The rest of these shows weren't producing the numbers. Nobody is buying ad space for these time slots. The only Law & Order that will never go anywhere is SVU. That is my #%$
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]
I agree with you. She's starting to piss me off with all her demands to Jarvis. She was way too understanding and fair in the first half of the season to be this ruthless in the past couple of episodes.

Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]
I agree with you. She's starting to piss me off with all her demands to Jarvis. She was way too understanding and fair in the first half of the season to be this ruthless in the past couple of episodes.

Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]
Word Sophia was inconsistent as hell. I grew to hate her character. Good job I guess? And was Mike her husband or brother?

Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]
Spoiler [+]
Word Sophia was inconsistent as hell. I grew to hate her character. Good job I guess? And was Mike her husband or brother?

First Persons Unknown and then The Event
30t6p3b.gif
I could kinda tell writers weren't confident in where the plot was going at least they toldus what the "event" was...

Yeah Sophia has been a %$!+*. Hope she dies.

I'm still tight about Rubicon but The Killing got me coping with it. I liked Glory Daze.

Every upcoming show reads like trash.

First Persons Unknown and then The Event
30t6p3b.gif
I could kinda tell writers weren't confident in where the plot was going at least they toldus what the "event" was...

Yeah Sophia has been a %$!+*. Hope she dies.

I'm still tight about Rubicon but The Killing got me coping with it. I liked Glory Daze.

Every upcoming show reads like trash.

Originally Posted by Aztec

But two which I really liked and hoped would last 5+ seasons where Caprica and Stargate Universe. There is supposedly already another Battlestar Galactica spin off in the works, but haven't heard anything in regards to Stargate.
A fellow sci-fi geek and Battlestar fan.  I got into Caprica kind of late but caught up in time for its cancellation.  I liked it but it was definitely very different from what people were expecting.  I think the new show is called Blood & Chrome, it'll be more similar to the previous Battlestar Galactica show (one of my favorite shows ever).  Wish I watched BG during its run on SyFy.  Hopefully SyFy will develop more shows, the only one i'm into currently is Being Human.

Originally Posted by Aztec

But two which I really liked and hoped would last 5+ seasons where Caprica and Stargate Universe. There is supposedly already another Battlestar Galactica spin off in the works, but haven't heard anything in regards to Stargate.
A fellow sci-fi geek and Battlestar fan.  I got into Caprica kind of late but caught up in time for its cancellation.  I liked it but it was definitely very different from what people were expecting.  I think the new show is called Blood & Chrome, it'll be more similar to the previous Battlestar Galactica show (one of my favorite shows ever).  Wish I watched BG during its run on SyFy.  Hopefully SyFy will develop more shows, the only one i'm into currently is Being Human.

Some please tell me why are all these good shows getting cancelled ??

is it because of hulu/streaming sites and tivo ??

Originally Posted by supahoopa

There's just no dedicated audience. DVR/Hulu is still accounted for in ratings. It doesn't help that network television is filled with stuff like American Idol and all of it's spinoffs and competitors. Those take up a lot of potential viewers, especially in competing time slots. 

Originally Posted by supahoopa

There's just no dedicated audience. DVR/Hulu is still accounted for in ratings. It doesn't help that network television is filled with stuff like American Idol and all of it's spinoffs and competitors. Those take up a lot of potential viewers, especially in competing time slots. 

Back
Top Bottom