2011 FIBA American and EuroBasket Thread

^They already qualified by winning last years World Championships.

Canada blowing the game against Brazil last night was very disappointing. I should have known better than to get my hopes up in the second half, since Leo is still on the bench.
30t6p3b.gif

I know Cory Joseph is only 20 years old, but this kid has a long, long way to go if he wants to stick around in the NBA.

Looking forward to the game this afternoon against the DR.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Canada blowing the game against Brazil last night was very disappointing. I should have known better than to get my hopes up in the second half, since Leo is still on the bench.
30t6p3b.gif

I know Cory Joseph is only 20 years old, but this kid has a long, long way to go if he wants to stick around in the NBA.

Problem is he's a shooting guard stuck in a point guard's body. Jameer Nelson lite. Either way, Canada has so many problems all around, it's awful. Handled Tiago Splitter pretty well but let all these other no names score. I'm expecting a beatdown from DR. If they can put up a fight to the very end, I'll be impressed.

This team lacks a lot of depth, beating Brazil last night was going to be the most important game for them and they messed up.

30t6p3b.gif

u Canadian??

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Problem is he's a shooting guard stuck in a point guard's body. Jameer Nelson lite. Either way, Canada has so many problems all around, it's awful. Handled Tiago Splitter pretty well but let all these other no names score. I'm expecting a beatdown from DR. If they can put up a fight to the very end, I'll be impressed.

This team lacks a lot of depth, beating Brazil last night was going to be the most important game for them and they messed up.
Oh, absolutely. (On Joseph) And his scoring ability isn't even that great, he's just a better than average shooter. Looks extremely slow off the dribble at this level, and cannot create his own shot or a shot for others. I wasn't really blaming him for Canada's loss or anything that happened, but I will admit I was very surprised to see him starting over Anderson. San Antonio could be in some PG troubles whenever next season is; him and Chris Quinn won't be able to give TP much relief.

The Canadian Senior program has been a mess for quite some time now, and it doesn't look like that's going to change anytime soon.
Originally Posted by rck2sactown

u Canadian??
Yes.

Oh, absolutely. (On Joseph) And his scoring ability isn't even that great, he's just a better than average shooter. Looks extremely slow off the dribble at this level, and cannot create his own shot or a shot for others. I wasn't really blaming him for Canada's loss or anything that happened, but I will admit I was very surprised to see him starting over Anderson. San Antonio could be in some PG troubles whenever next season is; him and Chris Quinn won't be able to give TP much relief.

The Canadian Senior program has been a mess for quite some time now, and it doesn't look like that's going to change anytime soon.
Originally Posted by rck2sactown

u Canadian??
Yes.
Well it's a tough transition, I think he can be a decent backup in the NBA if he really puts the effort in but he has quite a few bad habits. Not showing them early on in this game, so far Canada has been torching DR from beyond the arc, hopefully this continues, this is a MUST win for them.

Well it's a tough transition, I think he can be a decent backup in the NBA if he really puts the effort in but he has quite a few bad habits. Not showing them early on in this game, so far Canada has been torching DR from beyond the arc, hopefully this continues, this is a MUST win for them.
I just think he really would have benefited from another year or two in college, especially with the lockout this season.

English looked smooth in the 1st Q, but I definitely don't expect them to keep up this pace. And Charlie V is comedy.
roll.gif

I just think he really would have benefited from another year or two in college, especially with the lockout this season.

English looked smooth in the 1st Q, but I definitely don't expect them to keep up this pace. And Charlie V is comedy.
roll.gif
We're getting murdered on the boards right now, we need to regroup. 
ohwell.gif

P.S. This announcer is nuts right now, I don't know if you're watching it on TSN2 or not but this guy is so critical, it's hilarious. He was disgusted by a wide open Charlie V three pointer cause he didn't think he was a shooter.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Give dude some slack, he didn't know. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ Rubio's facial hair. I am watching Spain vs. Portugal.

Serge Ibaka looks like a black fish out of water running with this Spain mob
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Anyone peep Rudy Khalifa?

Blazers, why isn't Levon Kendall playing for CA?

I legit can't believe Canada beat DR. Solid game, Andy Rautins was huge off the bench, the dream is stlll aliveeee!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Blazers, why isn't Levon Kendall playing for CA?
He's played both games.

I legit can't believe Canada beat DR. Solid game, Andy Rautins was huge off the bench, the dream is stlll aliveeee!
smile.gif
Rautins was nice late in the game. I hope he can keep that stroke the rest of the tourney.

Back
Top Bottom