2011 FIBA American and EuroBasket Thread

Big boy Jonas Valanciunas held his own today for Lithuania even though they lost to Spain. Only game I've watched so far. I hear Enes Kanter has been pretty boss and Macedonia beating some solid teams.

Just saw Bargnani's averages...22PPG/7RPG/2BPG...
pimp.gif

few surprises today so far, Spain losing to Turkey, Georgia losing to Bulgaria, Russia remains unbeaten. Bargnani is beasting in a losing team, with a squad like this they should be disappointed.
hopefully France will beat serbia and Tony P will recover soon, best player of the tournament so far from what i ve seen  

I didn't feel like making a thread for this but Edgar Sosa (Dominican Republic) broke his leg today vs Panama. Had players from both teams crying.

You've been warned.
sick.gif
frown.gif

Spoiler [+]
2rc4m5v.jpg

Originally Posted by PMatic

I didn't feel like making a thread for this but Edgar Sosa (Dominican Republic) broke his leg today vs Panama. Had players from both teams crying.

You've been warned.
sick.gif
frown.gif

Spoiler [+]
2rc4m5v.jpg
ouch.. that's what happened to me last march, now I'm 75% healed.. really sad about this.. really painful to see this happen to someone.. 
tired.gif

Batum choked at the line. He looked like a deer in headlights shooting those, but that was a clean block at the other end. Robbed.
ohwell.gif

Who did Puerto Rico play today?

Renaldo Balkman tweeted this:

R_Balkman32 Renaldo Balkman
Pr Fans nd all the Supporters 2days game was a Physical game I had no intentions 2 start a brawl #MyApologies Great Game by Both Teams

im assuming there was a fight....any vid?

Originally Posted by gijace

You've been warned.
sick.gif
frown.gif

Spoiler [+]
2rc4m5v.jpg
ouch.. that's what happened to me last march, now I'm 75% healed.. really sad about this.. really painful to see this happen to someone.. 
tired.gif
Trying to avoid looking at the pic..how bad was it from a scale of 1-10 & how did it happen? 

Originally Posted by Caerus

You've been warned.
sick.gif
frown.gif

Spoiler [+]
2rc4m5v.jpg
tired.gif
Trying to avoid looking at the pic..how bad was it from a scale of 1-10 & how did it happen? 
You've posted more obscene things.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Who did Puerto Rico play today?

Renaldo Balkman tweeted this:

R_Balkman32 Renaldo Balkman
Pr Fans nd all the Supporters 2days game was a Physical game I had no intentions 2 start a brawl #MyApologies Great Game by Both Teams

im assuming there was a fight....any vid?
Balkman got fouled a little rough in the paint but it wasn't anything big. He overreacted to it, got in the players face and tried to headbutt him so the other guy just pushed him away onto the floor. Balkman had to be held back. It was against Venezuela, and the commentating was funny. The play-by-play guy kept saying it was "very unprofessional for an NBA player," like these fights don't happen all the time in other leagues and Balkman was tainting the classy international scene.

Didn't Oberto retire from the NBA because of health issues? he's on Argentina playing at the Worlds.

Originally Posted by Caerus

tired.gif
You've posted more obscene things.
Corny. 

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Didn't Oberto retire from the NBA because of health issues? he's on Argentina playing at the Worlds.
He came back on to the basketball scene a month or two ago.

Andy Rautins is such an inconsistent player, it's almost ridiculous lol. Had a pretty good game against PR though. I'm confident in Canada beating both Uruguay and Panama in the next two games and hopefully we can at least finish 4th and ultimately play in the semis.

Macedonia at it again, looks like they gonna qualify for the quarter finals. It's funny to see how nobody has talked abour Ricky Rubio in 4 pages. I havent seen much Spain games so far, but from what i had seen before i was unimpressed, they are easily 5 point guards above him in this Euro.

Back
Top Bottom