2011 New York Jets Season Thread ( 8-8 ) SHOTTY STEPS DOWN , PLAYERS BASH SANCHEZ ....

to me the jets got worse this past offseason, they didn't improve the team and they lost a bunch of guys this offseason. this team to me isn't as good as the 09 and 10 teams. going into the season looking at the roster i felt the same way.

to counter the argument i usually hear about how if the jets had a good qb they would've won a super bowl by now, personally i think sanchez played better then a rookie would in the 09 afc title game. last year aside from the fumble (which i still feel was a very questionable call) sanchez played a decent game in pittsburgh.---- he didn't carry the team in a brady esque way but in the playoff games he won, he plaed decent when he needed to, which i give him credit for considering he was in his first and second seasons. it's good qb's that completely fall apart in the playoffs and i don't see that in him.

the o line isn't what it once was, the defense went from a top elite defense to a middle of the pack defense and those are areas i feel HAVE to be addressed this offseason.

while this has happened, mark sanchez's stats have actually improved and if he cut back on the turnovers he would be having a respectable season. (alot of good qb's still have this problem in their 3rd season, hell look at john elway and drew brees)

i understand frustration but i feel alot of the people wanting sanchez gone are the same as those who wanted eli manning gone after his 3rd season and eli had a ton of downs that year as the giants looked like crap that entire 2nd half of that season.

it's the norm for new york teams but it is what it is, alot of fans want a winner but don't have the patience to let the team build a winner. im reading the jets messageboards and dudes are talking about firing rex, cleaning house and gutting the entire team not named revis and its stupid to me.

i'm all for bringing in a decent backup next season but that qb job is mark sanchez's next season unless he completely implodes. if he doesn't have it after next season you move on but this offseason regardless of what happens next week the team needs to improve other areas as well.

on a side note guess who was the qb coach when drew brees was struggling in san diego during his early years? a guy named brian schottenheimer.

to me the jets got worse this past offseason, they didn't improve the team and they lost a bunch of guys this offseason. this team to me isn't as good as the 09 and 10 teams. going into the season looking at the roster i felt the same way.

to counter the argument i usually hear about how if the jets had a good qb they would've won a super bowl by now, personally i think sanchez played better then a rookie would in the 09 afc title game. last year aside from the fumble (which i still feel was a very questionable call) sanchez played a decent game in pittsburgh.---- he didn't carry the team in a brady esque way but in the playoff games he won, he plaed decent when he needed to, which i give him credit for considering he was in his first and second seasons. it's good qb's that completely fall apart in the playoffs and i don't see that in him.

the o line isn't what it once was, the defense went from a top elite defense to a middle of the pack defense and those are areas i feel HAVE to be addressed this offseason.

while this has happened, mark sanchez's stats have actually improved and if he cut back on the turnovers he would be having a respectable season. (alot of good qb's still have this problem in their 3rd season, hell look at john elway and drew brees)

i understand frustration but i feel alot of the people wanting sanchez gone are the same as those who wanted eli manning gone after his 3rd season and eli had a ton of downs that year as the giants looked like crap that entire 2nd half of that season.

it's the norm for new york teams but it is what it is, alot of fans want a winner but don't have the patience to let the team build a winner. im reading the jets messageboards and dudes are talking about firing rex, cleaning house and gutting the entire team not named revis and its stupid to me.

i'm all for bringing in a decent backup next season but that qb job is mark sanchez's next season unless he completely implodes. if he doesn't have it after next season you move on but this offseason regardless of what happens next week the team needs to improve other areas as well.

on a side note guess who was the qb coach when drew brees was struggling in san diego during his early years? a guy named brian schottenheimer.

Originally Posted by onewearz

373858_2570641903720_1184410377_32226836_542688410_n.jpg
Lay off those bottles of Jack
roll.gif

Peyton Manning will NOT be the same QB that he once was.

Our receiving corps is not that great.
This offseason they need to decide if we are going defense or bulking up the offense

To face fact we need new linebackers they are too slow for this league

We need a rt,wr,ss,fs and depth on the olineTanny did us bad this year, Plax is not a number 2

Our receiving corps is not that great.
This offseason they need to decide if we are going defense or bulking up the offense

To face fact we need new linebackers they are too slow for this league

We need a rt,wr,ss,fs and depth on the olineTanny did us bad this year, Plax is not a number 2

Originally Posted by bkmac

roll.gif

Even if he's not his intelligence will feed into the next QB.  The main problem I think Sanchez had is that the Jets threw him in there with no time to learn and develop.  Obviously Sanchez wasn't ready for it but if Peyton comes the next QB can sit on the bench and learn.  BUTTT of course that's not going to happen so never mind 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

roll.gif

Even if he's not his intelligence will feed into the next QB.  The main problem I think Sanchez had is that the Jets threw him in there with no time to learn and develop.  Obviously Sanchez wasn't ready for it but if Peyton comes the next QB can sit on the bench and learn.  BUTTT of course that's not going to happen so never mind 
grin.gif

If we get in tom. we will beat the the Texans and Pats and set ourselves for a date with either the Steelers or Ravens. What do you guys think? I been gone a while but I'm back
pimp.gif

If we get in tom. we will beat the the Texans and Pats and set ourselves for a date with either the Steelers or Ravens. What do you guys think? I been gone a while but I'm back
pimp.gif

if and its a huge IF, they get in i'd like their chances against houston, but the way they've looked so inconsistent this season their not beating the patriots the way they've been playing. they can beat them but they need to get it together and play like the team their capable of being.

regarding tomorrow. i hope the jets do minimal scoreboard watching and go out and play the best game they can without worrying about the titans texans.

if their still alive after the early games, i like the chances of baltimore winning and either oakland or denver losing. hell houston has said their playing to win tomorrow and they killed the titans the first time around so if houston comes to play their winning that game.

if the jets get in that would be great, if they don't it sucks but they made their bed this season and i'll be looking back at the broncos game as the reason their on the clock rather then playing on wild card weekend.

they better make the necessary moves needed this offseason, it's unacceptable how the offensive line has played this year with the exception of mangold and for the defense to regress like it has can't happen next season.

if and its a huge IF, they get in i'd like their chances against houston, but the way they've looked so inconsistent this season their not beating the patriots the way they've been playing. they can beat them but they need to get it together and play like the team their capable of being.

regarding tomorrow. i hope the jets do minimal scoreboard watching and go out and play the best game they can without worrying about the titans texans.

if their still alive after the early games, i like the chances of baltimore winning and either oakland or denver losing. hell houston has said their playing to win tomorrow and they killed the titans the first time around so if houston comes to play their winning that game.

if the jets get in that would be great, if they don't it sucks but they made their bed this season and i'll be looking back at the broncos game as the reason their on the clock rather then playing on wild card weekend.

they better make the necessary moves needed this offseason, it's unacceptable how the offensive line has played this year with the exception of mangold and for the defense to regress like it has can't happen next season.

this team lulz watch every team lose to give them a shot to make the playoffs and they wont even beat the dolphins lmao

this team lulz watch every team lose to give them a shot to make the playoffs and they wont even beat the dolphins lmao

We don't deserve to even think about making the playoffs with the way the D just played 
30t6p3b.gif

sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom