2011 New York Jets Season Thread ( 8-8 ) SHOTTY STEPS DOWN , PLAYERS BASH SANCHEZ ....

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

http://cantwait57.com/

Just copped both the Black and the Green
pimp.gif

Team Jets, whoever is going to week 1 needs to cop a shirt
laugh.gif

Im Def copping that green one.. Hope we keep both our receivers.. they are both about that Jet life. Aso would be awesome.. but that would just be mind blowing how Yankee style our organization is being.. I would be more than pleased if we got Cromartie back.

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

http://cantwait57.com/

Just copped both the Black and the Green
pimp.gif

Team Jets, whoever is going to week 1 needs to cop a shirt
laugh.gif

Im Def copping that green one.. Hope we keep both our receivers.. they are both about that Jet life. Aso would be awesome.. but that would just be mind blowing how Yankee style our organization is being.. I would be more than pleased if we got Cromartie back.

Updates:

- Jets offered their contract extention to Holmes, so now it's all up to Santonio to accept. Considering that the Jets had all this time to prepare, I'm sure the extension is adequate enough to make him sign.

- Sanchez stated that he's up to re-work his contract to make it easier for the Jets to sign more players, stating his mentality "is to do whatever it takes to win".

- Wayne Hunter re-signs on a 4 year deal while Damien Woody retires. Wayne Hunter did well filling in for Woody during the playoffs, so this was a good move. For some reason, something tells me this isn't the last time we see Woody though...

- Jets talking to Nnamdi?

Updates:

- Jets offered their contract extention to Holmes, so now it's all up to Santonio to accept. Considering that the Jets had all this time to prepare, I'm sure the extension is adequate enough to make him sign.

- Sanchez stated that he's up to re-work his contract to make it easier for the Jets to sign more players, stating his mentality "is to do whatever it takes to win".

- Wayne Hunter re-signs on a 4 year deal while Damien Woody retires. Wayne Hunter did well filling in for Woody during the playoffs, so this was a good move. For some reason, something tells me this isn't the last time we see Woody though...

- Jets talking to Nnamdi?

I'm torn on which WR they should resign, but getting Nnamdi would be crazy. I believe Ravens released Gregg also, I would love to have on this team.

Make it happen Tanny!!

Anyone know what the Jets cap room looking like??

I'm torn on which WR they should resign, but getting Nnamdi would be crazy. I believe Ravens released Gregg also, I would love to have on this team.

Make it happen Tanny!!

Anyone know what the Jets cap room looking like??

Woooo boy.

Santon + Nnamdi?...............We can only pray. and I'm sure we all are.

Really would like Braylon back as well but man...I don't know.....

Woooo boy.

Santon + Nnamdi?...............We can only pray. and I'm sure we all are.

Really would like Braylon back as well but man...I don't know.....

The Jets have reached out to the camp of free-agent cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, according to two people informed of the communication between the sides. These people requested anonymity because of the tenuous nature of negotiations.

Asomugha, a star in Oakland, is the most coveted cornerback in this year's free agency class.

Paying for Asomugha would be a challenge for the Jets, who have Darrelle Revis under contract for $7 million this season plus an $18 million option bonus and would likely have to sacrifice filling other needs. But never say never with the Jets, who have to be enticed by the potential lockdown duo of Asomugha and Revis. They are also known for doing their due diligence.

It's not clear how strong the Jets' interest is. On their list of their own free agents is Antonio Cromartie, who played well opposite Revis last year. Earlier today, the team contacted Cromartie.

Earlier today, ESPN reported that Asomugha might be willing to take less money to play for a contender, and that he would be interested in going somewhere where he could work on his intended post-playing career, acting. New York would fit both categories.

Jets contact free-agent cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha
For months, Jets receiver Santonio Holmes has been speculated to be the team's top free agent target.

Now, on the first day of free agency, the Jets have extended an offer to Holmes, according to a person with knowledge of the negotiations. That person requested anonymity because of the tenuous nature of negotiations.

Terms of the offer were not immediately available. The timing is interesting, as news came soon after receiver Santana Moss reportedly agreed to a 3-year, $15 million deal with the ********, according to ESPN. Washington was expected to be one of the teams in hot pursuit of Holmes, with the potential to price other teams out.

Earlier today, a person with knowledge of the Jets' plans said fellow Jets free agent receiver Braylon Edwards was still in play for the team, in case it was priced out of the Holmes sweepstakes. That person requested anonymity because they are not authorized to speak for the team.

Jets extend offer to free agent receiver Santonio Holmes

The Jets have reached out to the camp of free-agent cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, according to two people informed of the communication between the sides. These people requested anonymity because of the tenuous nature of negotiations.

Asomugha, a star in Oakland, is the most coveted cornerback in this year's free agency class.

Paying for Asomugha would be a challenge for the Jets, who have Darrelle Revis under contract for $7 million this season plus an $18 million option bonus and would likely have to sacrifice filling other needs. But never say never with the Jets, who have to be enticed by the potential lockdown duo of Asomugha and Revis. They are also known for doing their due diligence.

It's not clear how strong the Jets' interest is. On their list of their own free agents is Antonio Cromartie, who played well opposite Revis last year. Earlier today, the team contacted Cromartie.

Earlier today, ESPN reported that Asomugha might be willing to take less money to play for a contender, and that he would be interested in going somewhere where he could work on his intended post-playing career, acting. New York would fit both categories.

Jets contact free-agent cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha
For months, Jets receiver Santonio Holmes has been speculated to be the team's top free agent target.

Now, on the first day of free agency, the Jets have extended an offer to Holmes, according to a person with knowledge of the negotiations. That person requested anonymity because of the tenuous nature of negotiations.

Terms of the offer were not immediately available. The timing is interesting, as news came soon after receiver Santana Moss reportedly agreed to a 3-year, $15 million deal with the ********, according to ESPN. Washington was expected to be one of the teams in hot pursuit of Holmes, with the potential to price other teams out.

Earlier today, a person with knowledge of the Jets' plans said fellow Jets free agent receiver Braylon Edwards was still in play for the team, in case it was priced out of the Holmes sweepstakes. That person requested anonymity because they are not authorized to speak for the team.

Jets extend offer to free agent receiver Santonio Holmes

Just a few more tidbits to help fellow Jets fans

- Former ******** cornerback Phillip Buchanon tweeted, “Wuz up family .. ******** or Jets????

Just a few more tidbits to help fellow Jets fans

- Former ******** cornerback Phillip Buchanon tweeted, “Wuz up family .. ******** or Jets????

Santonio's staying !!!
pimp.gif

http://espn.go.com/new-yo...tonio-holmes-sources-say

Sources: Jets, Santonio Holmes agree
EmailPrintComments
By Rich Cimini
ESPNNewYork.com
Archive
The New York Jets addressed the No. 1 item on their free-agent list, coming to terms Wednesday morning with wide receiver Santonio Holmes, according to a league source.

The deal is for five years, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. By rule, Holmes isn't permitted to sign the contract until Friday.

Holmes' deal, believed to be in the $10 million-a-year range, is so big that it probably means they can't afford to re-sign Braylon Edwards, another high-profile free agent. Edwards is coming off a strong season, but the Jets prioritized Holmes because of his speed and game-changing ability.

"It was such a luxury to have both of them last year," quarterback Mark Sanchez said Tuesday. "It's almost unrealistic to have that kind of a receiving corps again."

If Edwards leaves, as expected, the Jets likely will look for a cheaper alternative to plug into the starting lineup, which means the Randy Moss speculation will heat up. Despite his baggage, and an awful 2010, Moss is expected to draw interest from the Jets. They also could check in on former Giants receiver Plaxico Burress, who is reportedly scheduled to meet with the Giants this week.

The Jets' receiving corps also includes veteran Jerricho Cotchery, coming off back surgery. Brad Smith, a free agent, has attracted several teams.

The Jets acquired Holmes from the Steelers for the modest price of a fifth-round draft pick. After several off-the-field incidents, the Steelers grew tired of his act and were willing to part with him before he entered the final year of his contract. He was only a year removed from his shining moment, a game-winning, circus catch in the final moments of Super Bowl XLIII. He was named the Super Bowl MVP.

After serving a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy, Holmes made an immediate impact with the Jets, making huge plays in the final minute of three consecutive games last November. Even though he played in only 12 games, he finished with 52 receptions for 746 yards and six touchdowns.

This move isn't without risk, as Holmes is one strike away from a one-year suspension by the league. The Jets may have insisted on language in the contract that allows them to recoup bonus money in the event that he gets suspended again.

Santonio's staying !!!
pimp.gif

http://espn.go.com/new-yo...tonio-holmes-sources-say

Sources: Jets, Santonio Holmes agree
EmailPrintComments
By Rich Cimini
ESPNNewYork.com
Archive
The New York Jets addressed the No. 1 item on their free-agent list, coming to terms Wednesday morning with wide receiver Santonio Holmes, according to a league source.

The deal is for five years, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. By rule, Holmes isn't permitted to sign the contract until Friday.

Holmes' deal, believed to be in the $10 million-a-year range, is so big that it probably means they can't afford to re-sign Braylon Edwards, another high-profile free agent. Edwards is coming off a strong season, but the Jets prioritized Holmes because of his speed and game-changing ability.

"It was such a luxury to have both of them last year," quarterback Mark Sanchez said Tuesday. "It's almost unrealistic to have that kind of a receiving corps again."

If Edwards leaves, as expected, the Jets likely will look for a cheaper alternative to plug into the starting lineup, which means the Randy Moss speculation will heat up. Despite his baggage, and an awful 2010, Moss is expected to draw interest from the Jets. They also could check in on former Giants receiver Plaxico Burress, who is reportedly scheduled to meet with the Giants this week.

The Jets' receiving corps also includes veteran Jerricho Cotchery, coming off back surgery. Brad Smith, a free agent, has attracted several teams.

The Jets acquired Holmes from the Steelers for the modest price of a fifth-round draft pick. After several off-the-field incidents, the Steelers grew tired of his act and were willing to part with him before he entered the final year of his contract. He was only a year removed from his shining moment, a game-winning, circus catch in the final moments of Super Bowl XLIII. He was named the Super Bowl MVP.

After serving a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy, Holmes made an immediate impact with the Jets, making huge plays in the final minute of three consecutive games last November. Even though he played in only 12 games, he finished with 52 receptions for 746 yards and six touchdowns.

This move isn't without risk, as Holmes is one strike away from a one-year suspension by the league. The Jets may have insisted on language in the contract that allows them to recoup bonus money in the event that he gets suspended again.

Back
Top Bottom