* 2011 NFC North Trash Talking Thread: Bears flatlining, Vikes dead, Lions escape, Packers hiccup *

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Packers - Still the class of the division/conference, but the Panthers sure did give them a ball game. A testament to Cam's playmaking ability. He's pretty gritty too.

Bears - It was a game for awhile, but I think they just ended up getting beat by a better team (right now). Bears are still dangerous.

Lions - My god, that offense. Gaudy numbers, even though KC is poop. It'll be interesting to see them next week on the road against a divisional opponent. 2-0 is still impressive even though they had potential going into the year. It's that realized potential that they're trying to tap into and they're off to a great start. I don't like the thought of this team with confidence.

Vikings - Not even close to being in panic mode. This team has shown it can be extremely efficient and it's a beauty to see. Great playcalling, awesome execution, bursts of Peterson...It's just that they have yet to carry that into the 2nd half. It's killer right now and they'll have to find a way to play a full 60. Next week is a great opportunity to rebound and get into the thick of this divison.  

P.S. Casper, I'm killing you in our league. And how dare you offer me Jamal Charles. Do you take me as a fool?...So what, if I bumped the 2010 thread thinking it was this one...So, what?        

Nah once I seen how he went down I was trying to trade him to like 6 different people before the news came out as you can see it didn't work lol

went to the Lions vs KC game on sunday, pretty impressive, however i would like to see what mr rodgers will do vs KC.

Lions looking good but i'll wait a couple more weeks...they have the potential to be last years Chiefs/Bucs though.

Gaadamn sad that a veteran laden team cannot hold a lead in the 2nd half for 2 straight weeks now smh

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by YoungCFromThaD

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

Me 2
eyes.gif
  hopefully he gets back by week 3
Ehhh I am not really worried, thought he would be back by now but it isn't a big deal, he wouldn't start anyways.  We are fine with Suh and Williams starting and Hill and Calloway are more than serviceable backups.  I expect the Lions to take it slow and for Nick to be back by week 4.

Don't get me wrong.  I see nothing wrong with keeping him out as long as is needed, because when he is back he is going to make our D line that much better.  What DOES worry me is his return timeable now being double what it was when the injury initially happened.  With that said, here is what Schwartz had to say about it today:

bilde

Nick Fairley hasn’t practiced in a month and a half because of an injured left foot, but Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz said during his radio show today he still expects Fairley to “play a lot of football for us this year.

Big game this weekend for the Lions, yeah Minnesota is struggling but to get our first win on the road there in over a decade would be a huge step in proving that this is the year the Lions are finally going to make it over the hump. Only thing I am somewhat worried about the game is our run defense. We struggled with the Chiefs in the 1st half but they used alot of misdirection plays to throw off the defense and cause them to over pursue. I don't see the Vikings doing much of that with AP although they might try and run a reverse or 2 with Harvin. Think our offense though will roll on the Vikings defense, looks like their secondary has been pretty suspect.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Big game this weekend for the Lions, yeah Minnesota is struggling but to get our first win on the road there in over a decade would be a huge step in proving that this is the year the Lions are finally going to make it over the hump. Only thing I am somewhat worried about the game is our run defense. We struggled with the Chiefs in the 1st half but they used alot of misdirection plays to throw off the defense and cause them to over pursue. I don't see the Vikings doing much of that with AP although they might try and run a reverse or 2 with Harvin. Think our offense though will roll on the Vikings defense, looks like their secondary has been pretty suspect.

Only thing I fear about the Vike's is the Metrodome, that place has just been a house of horrors for the Lions(and the Tigers for that matter). Peterson might run wild but I don't know that he alone is capable of beating the Lions. McNabb..meh

Lots of things are changing for the better for that Detroit team, but one thing that will remain the same is that the Lions don't win in the Metrodome.

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Bears need to bounce back against these hated cheeseheads
Don't count on it.  Barring some major forcing of turnovers or someone passing away (i.e. Rodgers) it would take a miracle or Matt Forte running for 150 and catching 10 balls for 130 . just saying.
roll.gif

Naw, it'll be closer than we think, and wouldn't shock me to see the Bears really get up for this- esp. after taking it last year in their house!

Originally Posted by Jerome in the House

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I'm Purple People Eaters
pimp.gif

You're done.
pimp.gif

Your team is good though. But I think Stafford is going for at least 4 td's vs the Queens
Can Newton about to go Ham for me though. my team sucks though. i need some WR

[h3]Green Bay Packers[/h3]Packers at Bears by Rob Demovsky of the Green Bay Press Gazette
Impact Injuries: The Packers lost 15 players to season-ending injuries last year during their Super Bowl run, but none was a Pro Bowl player. On Sunday at Carolina, they lost three-time Pro Bowl safety Nick Collins to a neck injury that also could threaten his career. Though he didn’t break any bones or sustain spinal cord damage, he’s believed to have suffered a disc injury, which could require surgery a la Peyton Manning. The Packers will replace Collins at free safety with Charlie Peprah, who played more than 900 defensive snaps last season after strong safety Morgan Burnett’s season-ending knee injury in Week 4. Now, Peprah and Burnett will be paired together. Peprah is a smart, assignment-sure veteran but lacks Collins’ speed, sure-handed tackling and ball-hawking skills.
The X-Factor: Teams keep blitzing Aaron Rodgers, and he keeps picking them apart. The previous two seasons combined, he had the NFL’s best passer rating (108.7) against the blitz, according to STATS LLC. In two games this season, he’s blown away that with an almost unheard of mark of 144.6 when teams pressure with five or more or rush a defender who is not lined up on the line of scrimmage. Against blitzes this season, Rodgers has completed 20-of-29 passes for 352 yards and three touchdowns without an interception.
Don’t be surprised if: Charles Woodson goes back to playing mostly in the slot this week even though he was part of three takeaways — two interceptions and a fumble recovery — against the Panthers while playing exclusively outside. If Tramon Williams returns as expected after missing the Carolina game because of a bruised shoulder, Woodson can move back inside, where he can both blitz and cover. Williams is the Packers’ best cover cornerback and without him, the Packers had to use Woodson exclusively in coverage.
Follow Rob on Twitter: @RobDemovsky

[h3]Chicago Bears[/h3]Packers at Bears by Brad Briggs of the Chicago Tribune
Impact Injuries: So much for continuity along the offensive line. The Bears will roll out their third lineup in as many games now that rookie right tackle Gabe Carimi, the first-round draft pick from Wisconsin who grew up a Packers fan, is out with a right knee injury. He’ll be replaced by veteran Frank Omiyale and he’ll draw the matchup with outside linebacker Clay Matthews. Wide receiver Earl Bennett is out with a chest injury and that’s a significant loss because he’d give quarterback Jay Cutler a solid target in the middle of the field. Hester and Knox have traditionally struggled vs. Green Bay and Bennett is a security blanket for Cutler. So, that puts pressure on Roy Williams to perform after he missed last week with a groin muscle injury.
The X-Factor: The Bears have traditionally had one of the best return games in the league with Pro Bowl performers Devin Hester and Johnny Knox. But they’ve done very little through the first two games and coach Lovie Smith has harped on it all week. He knows in a close game where the opponent has him outmanned with offensive firepower, his team will need to win the battle of field position. The Bears have traditionally excelled on special teams vs. the Packers, getting a punt return for a touchdown by Hester in the first meeting last season along with a blocked Mason Crosby field goal from Julius Peppers.
Don’t be surprised if: Running back Matt Forte has another big game catching the football. He made 10 receptions vs. the Packers in the NFC Championship Game last season and without options he trusts on the outside, Cutler is quick to turn to him. In space against Green Bay’s inside linebackers, he could do some damage.
Follow Brad on Twitter: @BradBiggs

[h3]Detroit Lions[/h3]Lions at Vikings by Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press
Impact Injuries: Tight end Brandon Pettigrew missed practiced Wednesday and Thursday with a shoulder injury, but Pettigrew is expected to play against the Vikings. He landed hard on his shoulder trying to make a sideline catch in last Sunday’s win over the Chiefs, left temporarily then returned in the second half. It’s not an injury, but Gosder Cherilus is expected back at right tackle after he was benched last week for his personal foul penalty against the Bucs.
The X-Factor: Nate Burleson. Calvin Johnson is a touchdown machine and every team gears up to stop him, but Burleson is the Lions’ leading receiver so far this year (12 catches, 153 yards) and he’s got two forms of added motivation: He’s playing against his old team and he’s fallen behind tight end Tony Scheffler in the memorable touchdown celebration department.
Don’t be surprised if: This game goes down to the wire. As good as the Lions have looked this year, and as bad as the Vikings have played at times, Minnesota has historically been a tough place for the Lions to play. They haven’t won at the Metrodome since 1997, and something weird always seems to happen (like Dan Orlovsky running out of the back of the end zone for a safety). Still, the Lions are good enough to start 3-0 for the first time since 1980.
Follow Dave on Twitter: @DaveBirkett

[h3]Minnesota Vikings[/h3]Lions at Vikings by Jeremy Fowler of the Pioneer Press
Impact Injuries: Wide receiver Percy Harvin, a critical piece of an already struggling passing attack, missed Thursday's practice with a stomach illness. After Harvin missed two games and nearly 50 practices last season with migraine-related symptoms and various injuries, any time Harvin's not on the field is alarming. But the Vikings still expect him to play Sunday. Cook (groin), linebacker E.J. Henderson (knee) and defensive end Jared Allen (knee) have been limited in practice with soreness but should be ready for the Lions.
The X-Factor: Cornerback Chris Cook. At 6-foot-2, the second-year corner has the height and athleticism to at least make Calvin Johnson work for his yards. Cook has shown flashes of potential but hasn't played the complete, marquee game to make the league take notice. He'll have his chances as the nickel corner alongside starters Antoine Winfield and Cedric Griffin, who don't have the size to win lob-pass battles with Johnson.
Don’t be surprised if: The Vikings offensive line looks to fluster defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh with several misdirection running plays and pulling guards. Matching up with Suh one-on-one will be an arduous task for right guard Anthony Herrera, who will get help with pushes from the interior and fullback Jim Kleinsasser on runs to the left and right. After all, Adrian Peterson needs just enough space to hit the second level and take the play over from there.
Follow Jeremy on Twitter: @VikingsNow

LOL.

The Bears suck.

Packers moving to 3-0 after Sunday afternoon.

Rodgers to JMike ALL DAY.

UGHHH It's about to get real ugly out there for you Minnesota boys... we're about to see your boy Donovan on his *!% a lot today 
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom