2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

Damn, no one watched the Abner Mares fight huh?
laugh.gif

Wasn't cotto vs mayweather supposed to happen in 08 or so? Now some folks seem like they don't even care anymore.

Wasn't cotto vs mayweather supposed to happen in 08 or so? Now some folks seem like they don't even care anymore.

So let's look at this from both sides.

If May/Pac doesn't get done, who else does Floyd fight that could also be a big PPV draw?

That's a great payday for everyone most likely. With Cotto coming off a strong win.

Do it back in the Garden PR Parade weekend. June 2012.

Good fight. Once that eye started closing in the second or third round ....it was over. Cotto won, but it was a "ehhhhh" kinda win.

i wouldnt put all the credit to the plaster. not even most of it.

cotto boxed. had a plan to keep safe and it worked.

margs coulda fell like 5 times in there. he got cajones though.

Good fight. Once that eye started closing in the second or third round ....it was over. Cotto won, but it was a "ehhhhh" kinda win.

So let's look at this from both sides.

If May/Pac doesn't get done, who else does Floyd fight that could also be a big PPV draw?

That's a great payday for everyone most likely. With Cotto coming off a strong win.

Do it back in the Garden PR Parade weekend. June 2012.

cotto boxed. had a plan to keep safe and it worked.

margs coulda fell like 5 times in there. he got cajones though.

Originally Posted by MARINADELREY

Originally Posted by RECOGNIZE GAME

Sorry way to get revenge on a guy who cheated in a fight prior to this fight. Cotto should have went for a 10count KO.
agreed

tony can take punches though, unlike cotto

but those 12 rounds against pacman damn near ended his career

I agree, Cotto could've tried I get that 10th round KO, but there was no way he was getting it

Margarito could take some serious hits, We've seen the fight against Pac he went all the way, but dude wasn't going to be KO'd. He stood all 12 round with Pac, it's obvious he could've done it with Cotto, but the Dr. stopped it.

Originally Posted by MARINADELREY

Originally Posted by RECOGNIZE GAME

Sorry way to get revenge on a guy who cheated in a fight prior to this fight. Cotto should have went for a 10count KO.
agreed

tony can take punches though, unlike cotto

but those 12 rounds against pacman damn near ended his career

I agree, Cotto could've tried I get that 10th round KO, but there was no way he was getting it

Margarito could take some serious hits, We've seen the fight against Pac he went all the way, but dude wasn't going to be KO'd. He stood all 12 round with Pac, it's obvious he could've done it with Cotto, but the Dr. stopped it.

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

The sad thing is we'll never know.

But look at Baseball. You get caught cheating, your whole legacy is questioned.

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

The sad thing is we'll never know.

But look at Baseball. You get caught cheating, your whole legacy is questioned.

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

Yeah, it was suppose to happen in 08/09, but Cotto got his %%@ beat by Tony and wanted some time off.

I think...
nerd.gif

Yeah, it was suppose to happen in 08/09, but Cotto got his %%@ beat by Tony and wanted some time off.

I think...
nerd.gif

I think...
nerd.gif

rewatch that first fight and u will see the major effects those shots were having on cotto. i feel bad for cotto cause he seems like a good dude and got done dirty son had to take a knee from the punishment from a dirty fighter smh. not only that but thats a messed up way to get ur first loss

rewatch that first fight and u will see the major effects those shots were having on cotto. i feel bad for cotto cause he seems like a good dude and got done dirty son had to take a knee from the punishment from a dirty fighter smh. not only that but thats a messed up way to get ur first loss

Back
Top Bottom