2011 playoff 13 retro.

Piggy backing off of ninjahood ninjahood here with his playoff 7 thread. Do you guys have problems with how that shoe released. I do not personally. The shape and toe all matched up imo. I can not find any issue with them at all. Thoughts?

I thought this shoe was one of the better releases for the time. Shape was good, tongue wasn’t super high, and leather was very decent. Still wear mine

Attachments

• 9137E2EB-4A4B-43FF-B533-EB0EF78803C7.jpeg
    9137E2EB-4A4B-43FF-B533-EB0EF78803C7.jpeg
    231.3 KB · Views: 199
Still have 1 pair of 11.5 in the box.. I've only worn them a couple of times. Excellent retro.

I love this shoe... Quite possibly my favorite Jordan of all time. Probably why I still have 1 pair crispy - because I don't want to mess them up. I have another pair that I still wear for bball though.

It's too bad XIII highs don't really look good with jeans/button up or these would be my #1 no matter what fit I had on. Lows are a little bit better but still... XIIIs with jeans and a button up just doesn't work IMO. Have to throw on my 3s or 4s for that.

Well, these are my single favorite Air Jordan, going back to 1998. So naturally, I scrutinize any release of this shoe to the highest degree.

Other than the obvious downgrades from the original, i.e. leather/shape, my biggest gripe was the color change on the outsole.

Original
temp1556831934.jpeg

temp1583434551.jpeg

The grey area between the herringbone was changed to red, and the hologram was changed to antifreeze like the "black toe" colorway instead of the volt yellow to match the accents on the upper.

Genuinely thought the 2011 hit near 100. I still love mine though. I guess this means I have to get the future drop now. lol

Can’t really make any past comparisons since 2009 - now is how long I’ve been buying shoes, besides the Flints these were the 1st pair of 13s I’ve owned.. so for me these were everything!

I was 17 & hitched a ride with my buddy to the local mall the day the released, his car ran out of gas halfway there so we had to stop someone on the road to take us to a gas station.. i remember being so paranoid that my size was going to be sold out 😭

I’ve grown to no longer prefer all black sneakers but i would definitely buy these again to relive that story LOL

Attachments

• 0F22E0A3-D066-4D4A-AEBB-0E089F2ABDF0.jpeg
    0F22E0A3-D066-4D4A-AEBB-0E089F2ABDF0.jpeg
    173.7 KB · Views: 130
I been on the market for a pair. Been seeing decent prices for ds too but we are now at the point where a better retro is around the corner. I can wait.

I been on the market for a pair. Been seeing decent prices for ds too but we are now at the point where a better retro is around the corner. I can wait.
Would it be better though?

I can't speak to the 2011 quality but all of the recent XIII OG drops have had some pretty rough quality in my opinion.

One of my favs too. Went through a stage where I didn’t want to rock 13s anymore. Kind of regret it now. Definitely will cop when they come back out hope they do them justice.

Co-sign that this is my second favorite AJ of all
Need another pair ASAP since I straight killed my last pair

Still have my 2011's and had no problems with them or the minor changes though of course true to the OG wouldve been better. I think this is my 2nd fav 13 behind Flints.

Would it be better though?

I can't speak to the 2011 quality but all of the recent XIII OG drops have had some pretty rough quality in my opinion.

I’m assuming they will be batter based off of trends from the latest releases. Update shape on 3’s 4’s and 5’s. The 4 has even been improved since the blk/cements. Also the he got games were acceptable. I’m basing it all on these things.

Most of us ***** about that period of time releases. This is one of the few exceptions where I dont here much griping about them. Had them out the other night and thought damn they really made these pretty good. They got it all right. Then AJ XIII hit me in the face with the obvious outsole dif. :lol: Hell I remember the first time I seen the Aqua from 07, I saw that outsole difference right away.

Definitely one of the best made retro 13s I got in my collects.
(Ftr i have alot 13s, 3rd fav sneak of all time)
Leather, shape, and execution is near great on the playoffs, imo.

uirlsxadpys6yrbo1frv.jpg
I promise I will stop whining if you give me these. Eventually someone got to hear me. This is the most desired shoe I could ever want at this point. EVER. I would buy several.
Being from Indiana, these are special along side the Playoff Mids. If you know anything about the Ind/ Chi series in 98 you would understand. All 7 games were watched. My best friend in life still to this day is a huge Pacer fan. Lots of memories come with these.

Last edited:
I still my 2011 pair in great shape, I have the OGs also. I got them in a trade for the TB 3s
When they were thought to be dropping in EU stores only... Those were the good ole days of NT
The OGs are still DS, I wouldn’t dare try wearing them now

uirlsxadpys6yrbo1frv.jpg
I promise I will stop whining if you give me these. Eventually someone got to hear me. This is the most desired shoe I could ever want at this point. EVER. I would buy several.
Being from Indiana, these are special along side the Playoff Mids. If you know anything about the Ind/ Chi series in 98 you would understand. All 7 games were watched. My best friend in life still to this day is a huge Pacer fan. Lots of memories come with these.

These and those other black/red ones are super tough.. the shape of XIII lows are kind of tragic though. But highs have been awful for years. It's why I skipped out on the White/Reds from like 2017 (kicking myself but still lol). I hope the Flints are better. I have my 05 pair in great condition but I feel like they're a ticking time bomb.

Back
Top Bottom