2011 Smell Good Thread. Vol:Smellin' good for the ladies.

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by ChopperVille

Just got my first bottle of Bleu de Chanel today... man I have been sleeping HARD
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 This stuff is crazy. Dont think imma give this one up any time soon.
Also got my hands on a decant of Bond No. 9 New Haarlem today.  This stuff is also CRAZY
eek.gif
eek.gif
. Definitely gotta cop a whole bottle to go into the rotation for fall/winter....but that price tag 
sick.gif

Think my next purchase might be another bottle of Prada Amber.  And maybe a decant of L'Instant de Guerlain just to check it out
will give this a try...

what that price tag running for?

and how long does it last? i'm trying to cop something that makes the panties moist, and the yambs spread.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

If you're talking about Bleu, it runs like 60+ for the 1.7 oz, and 80+ for the 3.7oz.  I managed to find a steal on eBay for a 3.4 oz tester for around 65 though.  Chanel frags usually carry a higher price tag than most designer frags, but trust me, its worth it.  I get about 8 hrs on the longevity on the Bleu, which is pretty nice.  And the projection is great as well.  People around you will notice and smell you, but its not so strong that you can be smelled a mile away/make people sick.  Its hard to overspray this because it is so fresh and smells so good.  And ladies LOVE it. Trust me. This scent is versatile and can be worn anywhere, but its best for a spring/summer scent. Kinda costly, but its a worthy investment.  Plus a bottle should last atleast a year plus, even more if you have other fragrances, so it isnt much at all in the long run.  Beware of fakes though, as the fragrance fakes are starting to get as bad as the shoe fakes
30t6p3b.gif
.  Cop from a legit store, a legit online retailer, or a top-rated eBay seller.  You dont want to spend that kinda money on a bottle and find out its fake and lasts 15 minutes
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
If you mean the New Haarlem, the 1.7 runs about 145+ (normal for a niche fragrance) and the bigger sizes I dont even wanna mention
sick.gif
.  Its a great fragrance, but not for everyone. More of a fall/winter scent, and ladies love it as well.  Works differently for different people though.  I'd recommend trying a decant/sample and seeing if you like it before dropping that kinda bread.

how's la nuit and libre ?surprisingly have never smelled it.. thinking about getting one of those gift sets and that viktor rolf spice bomb...

Originally Posted by bhergh

how's la nuit and libre ?surprisingly have never smelled it.. thinking about getting one of those gift sets and that viktor rolf spice bomb...

This..+L'Homme

Originally Posted by bhergh

La Nuit, I get compliments every time I wear it. Best cologne I've ever owned (not that many though, to be honest
laugh.gif
). I was thinking of picking up Libre soon too, so I'm interested too in what others have to say on that.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Over 2500 bulk wholesale fragrance oils, free shipping available, candlemaking, soapmaking, body oils, burning oils, incense supplies, essential oils, - http://www.saveonscents.com

Just save your money and go for the real thing, oil =/= real fragrances. The oils never smell spot on w/ the actual fragrance they try to imitate, they usally have an odd oily scent over time, and if they come in contact w/ your clothes they can stain them pretty bad.

They smell good to me and anyone that compliments on my oils.
Yea it can make a mess on your clothes if you put it on while you have your clothes on, but I personally don't have that issue. 

Odd oily smell, again, your opinion. 

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Over 2500 bulk wholesale fragrance oils, free shipping available, candlemaking, soapmaking, body oils, burning oils, incense supplies, essential oils, - http://www.saveonscents.com

Just save your money and go for the real thing, oil =/= real fragrances. The oils never smell spot on w/ the actual fragrance they try to imitate, they usally have an odd oily scent over time, and if they come in contact w/ your clothes they can stain them pretty bad.

I used to mess with the oils.  Even though some dont smell exactly like the fragrance, they still smell pretty good and are cheap.  I actually started out with the oils, then curiosity/want for more led me to the actual fragrances.  If you're on a budget, the oils are a good look.

They smell good to me and anyone that compliments on my oils.
Yea it can make a mess on your clothes if you put it on while you have your clothes on, but I personally don't have that issue. 

Odd oily smell, again, your opinion. 

Not really opinion, like you stated the oils can mess up your clothes not just when you put on your clothes but even after oil can sit on the skin for a very long time what you think it evaporates once it hits your skin ... ? How is oily smell my opinion ... I mean they are oil based right ??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

(im 24 years old btw).. my MOST complimented cologne in no particular order....
1. YSL L'homme  (ladies LOVE this..but its light)....  

2. Givenchy Play Intense (ladies love this too.. every time i wear this i get a compliment -- lasts all day ..panty dropper approved) 

3. Creed Original Santal , Creed Green Irish Tweed (kind of expensive though)

4. D&G the one (panty dropper) AND D&G Light blue

5. Chanel Platinum Egioste (signature scent) AND Bleu de chanel (clubbing scent) 

6. Issey Miyake  (classic..ladies love)

7. Lacoste Essential (my ex raped me when we first started dating..she loved this..)

8. 212 men ( never fails to get me a compliment)

9.  Abercrombie - Fierce (lol..the cologne EVERYBODY wear
indifferent.gif
..i hate the store... but ladies love this stuff..smells like Chanel Platinum Egioste though)

10. Burberry Touch ( women love it) 

11. Paco Rabanne 1 million  ( ladies love this too...its too sweet smells like perfume to me but..lol i always get a compliment when i wear it)

12.  Nautica Voyage  ( compliments with this too..its cheap..clean.. smells like the white bar of dial soap but as cologne lol) 

13. Victoria Secrets Very Sexy .. (doesnt last long..but lol this is a panty dropper for sure) 

14. Dior homme sport ----my summer work scent.. i get compliments..but this isnt something u wanna wear during sexy time.. lol

15. Hollister So Cal --- ..not a fan of the store..but ladies love the stuff ( i dont wear it anymore though but i remember always getting a compliment) 

16.Verscae Eau Fraiche---- ...versatile scent..ladies love..fresh scent..

17. JPG Le Male---- lol ..yall already know..ladies adore this scent..i hate vanilla..but i usually wear this in the winter..amazing lasting power..people will smell you..compliments galore..

18. La Nuit De L'homme----- ladies love this...i hate it though..i swapped my bottle to a friend for L'homme..which i find better and easier to wear... if you like this but dont wanna pay the money..bath and body works have a cheaper alternative ..Elixir Black by Co bigelow which i like better than la nuit.. 

Bath & Body Works cologne: 

19. Nior cologne (lotion, shower gel etc) -- lol my ex raped me with this one too

20. C.O bigelow  collection ... (Red Elixir, Blue elixir, Black elixir, Green elixir)--- i wore these in high school and this has garnished me MANY COMPLIMENTS!!  

oh yea i forgot Bond No 9 New Haarlem ( its actually a perfume but men can wear it..i dont really get compliments like oohh u smell good..i get compliments like what is that you wearing..lol it smells like maple syrup.. ALSO...CREED AVENTUS!.get me compliments (clubbing scent)..but its so expensive

Originally Posted by burgundyaltima

2. Givenchy Play Intense (ladies love this too.. every time i wear this i get a compliment -- lasts all day ..panty dropper approved) 

5. Chanel Platinum Egioste (signature scent) AND Bleu de chanel (clubbing scent) 

7. Lacoste Essential (my ex raped me when we first started dating..she loved this..)

indifferent.gif
..i hate the store... but ladies love this stuff..smells like Chanel Platinum Egioste though)

11. Paco Rabanne 1 million  ( ladies love this too...its too sweet smells like perfume to me but..lol i always get a compliment when i wear it)

12.  Nautica Voyage  ( compliments with this too..its cheap..clean.. smells like the white bar of dial soap but as cologne lol) 

13. Victoria Secrets Very Sexy .. (doesnt last long..but lol this is a panty dropper for sure) 

14. Dior homme sport ----my summer work scent.. i get compliments..but this isnt something u wanna wear during sexy time.. lol

15. Hollister So Cal --- ..not a fan of the store..but ladies love the stuff ( i dont wear it anymore though but i remember always getting a compliment) 

17. JPG Le Male---- lol ..yall already know..ladies adore this scent..i hate vanilla..but i usually wear this in the winter..amazing lasting power..people will smell you..compliments galore..

18. La Nuit De L'homme----- ladies love this...i hate it though..i swapped my bottle to a friend for L'homme..which i find better and easier to wear... if you like this but dont wanna pay the money..bath and body works have a cheaper alternative ..Elixir Black by Co bigelow which i like better than la nuit.. 

19. Nior cologne (lotion, shower gel etc) -- lol my ex raped me with this one too

20. C.O bigelow  collection ... (Red Elixir, Blue elixir, Black elixir, Green elixir)--- i wore these in high school and this has garnished me MANY COMPLIMENTS!!  
eek.gif
eek.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

YSL
Sex and the City Masculine (got it as a gift and it's
pimp.gif
)
Armani Code
Lacoste Essential

That's my current rotation

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by burgundyaltima

indifferent.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Excellent breakdown..

Back
Top Bottom