2011 Smell Good Thread. Vol:Smellin' good for the ladies.

This guy knows!

Y'all speak the truth. I went to cop spice bomb and the nordstrom's lady gave me some as a sample. Needless to say I went back and copped the next day. No exaggeration, it's my most complimented scent. Literally had a chick say I was the best smelling man she ever encountered.

How much did it cost?

I think it was like $70 can't recall off the top of my head. Here's my current rotation minus the YSL kept in the whip for emergency situations.

A lot of good stuff in here..looking to add to my little lineup soon I been plottin on that la nuit de L'Homme by YSL..

Last edited:
Hmmm on the fence on the toilette or the parfum, advice? I typically don't wear cologne at all, but I wanted to get a bottle to have for the occasion, or a night out. Not an everyday type of thing.

I went with the parfume. To me it seems like it last longer and has a more vibrant linger

i honestly dont like aqui di gio at all

i have a big bottle of it i got because of recommendations....i just dont like it.

wearing aventus today. been getting mad compliments from men & women around the office

I'm not a fan of Acqua di gio either. I had a bottle and gave it away to my uncle, wasn't feeling it at all. I still want a bottle of spicebomb and some bond no 9 new haarlem. Where do y'all find cheap samples of the higher end stuff at?

Surprised no one mentioned it, but my all time favorite and one that I get many compliments on is Gucci by Gucci (original, NOT the green sport bottle, the gray one). I love that stuff so much it made me forget my old favorite Emporio He.

And Creed Millesime Imperial hands down the BEST Creed scent. Aventus is ok, just very formal. MI is more casual/warm weather/beach/Miami ish.

Millesime is real nice

Aventus is so hit or miss depending on the bottle, I buy at Neimans so I can test them, I need the one with a strong pineapple off the bat not just a lot of smokiness bc then it smells too much like an ashtray to me

Virgin Island Water is the truth on a real hot day

I dunno how I feel about spice bomb. I tried it at sephora and my response was "meh". Left the store and a few mins later, couldn't stop smelling myself.

Millesime is real nice
Aventus is so hit or miss depending on the bottle, I buy at Neimans so I can test them, I need the one with a strong pineapple off the bat not just a lot of smokiness bc then it smells too much like an ashtray to me
Virgin Island Water is the truth on a real hot day

Get the X02 batch # that's hands down, the best Aventus money can buy.

Black Friday I tried to find a scent this guy told me about but I forgot the name of it. Didn't find it. So fast forward to last night. I'm at Walmart and find this box set called "His Sexist Designers, Designer Imposters for Men". So I smell it and buy it thinking its pretty much like BOD. Come to find out, one of the knock off sprays is the scents is self described as a Acqua Di Gio imposter which is what I was looking for. :lol:

Also for my B-DAY, my girl bought me Versace Eau Fraiche and the pour homme gift sets.. :smokin

Last edited:
Yo out of the 3 ,which one should i get?

Bleu de Chanel, Gucci by Gucci,or Allure by Chanel

I like all trhee of them

Yo out of the 3 ,which one should i get?
Bleu de Chanel, Gucci by Gucci,or Allure by Chanel

I like all trhee of them

Gucci by Gucci is more of an evening scent, while Chanel Allure is summery. For what occasion are you looking for? I think Dolce & Gabbana The One is a good year-round scent. Between the ones you mentioned, though, I like Gucci and Allure the most.

Last edited:
Gucci by Gucci is more of an evening scent, while Chanel Allure is summery. For what occasion are you looking for? I think Dolce & Gabbana The One is a good year-round scent. Between the ones you mentioned, though, I like Gucci and Allure the most.
An everyday scent,with no season limitations.

Thnks,I'll check out D&G

Gucci by Gucci is more of an evening scent, while Chanel Allure is summery. For what occasion are you looking for? I think Dolce
An everyday scent,with no season limitations.

Thnks,I'll check out D&G

Yeah, The One is a great cologne for every season. I think it was meant to be a Fall/Winter scent, but it actually lasts longer in hotter weather. I get a lot of compliments when I wear it.

Just picked up OG curve. Been too long.

i still rock this occasionally too. i've just had my nose open to too many better stronger fragrances Curve seems almost too light. Zero lasting power. But I love the scent. its unfortunate. I'll still throw it on every now and then though.

I love Tom Ford Black Orchid. If you like sweeter smells, this one is money. The women love it. Check it out the next time you get the chance.

Wore Aventus again yesterday, it does wonders for your ego loll. People will just follow you around on some piped piper steeze. men and women were asking me about it all day. Was in the Caribbean about a week ago and wore it, females were all over me sniffing like a runny nose. Invest in it bros. just do it. I have the virgin island water, but I barely wear it, doesnt last.

Dog I looked up some of the names y'all are dropping... You guys are really paying this much for this stuff?? I'm too poor for this :frown:

Back
Top Bottom