2011 Smell Good Thread. Vol:Smellin' good for the ladies.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

I'm interested in seeing this too..

here it is. over the past year, I tapered off with buying kicks and moved into wardrobe and cologne. 

not pictured are Gucci Guilty Intense and Diddy Unforvigable which I keep at work.

safe scents for work are Ed Hardy Love Luck, Chanel Allure Homme Sport.

Most of mine are designer cologne, some bought at discount stores. Only place where I feel ok paying retail is Nordstrom. You can get YSL discounted at Perfumania.com

Only have two niche scents, Creed Aventus (go with decants/splits, you'll get the the best pricing) and Ysuzac which I got samples from overseas. Guess when you go so far into niche, then there's no turning back.

had to include the Melo TAG body spray too. 
laugh.gif

also my favorite on a woman, Gucci Rush.
are those two chanel allure sports?  what's with the different color Cs on the cap?
yup. the red one is the chanel allure homme sport extreme --- don't find it has much longevity, allure homme sport is much more fresh. i've smelled allure homme and I liked it - a lot of people say extreme is the combo of both als and ah.
i want to try some of the versace line - dreamer, versace man, and also eau fraiche. do they sell eau fraiche at macys? I think I may have sampled it and like it. I have to sample it a second time.

^^ Good luck getting past the opening on Dreamer. Dry down is nice but the opening is so awful IMO and completely takes away from it.

I just picked up some Diddy Unforgivable. I had a small bottle of it i got as a gift a looong time ago.....ran thru it and finally got around to ordering
a bottle today. Smells so dam good.

yup. the red one is the chanel allure homme sport extreme --- don't find it has much longevity, allure homme sport is much more fresh. i've smelled allure homme and I liked it - a lot of people say extreme is the combo of both als and ah.
i want to try some of the versace line - dreamer, versace man, and also eau fraiche. do they sell eau fraiche at macys? I think I may have sampled it and like it. I have to sample it a second time.
If you're referring to mine, the one posted above, they do have it...Which is where I purchased mine...The deoderant, shower gel, after shave and cologne for $60 or $70.

Originally Posted by donjuan513

picked this up at Nordstrom today.
amazing. just came out last month.

_6816101.jpg

Picked this up in February from Nordstroms and it is a panty panty dropper. This is the best fragrance out right now. You'll be able to find it in other retail outlets after July, for now its a Nordstrom exclusive.

Would you classify this as a Summer/spring or Fall/winter scent?
Price isn't too outrageous, I might give this a try.

picked this up at Nordstrom today.
amazing. just came out last month.

_6816101.jpg
Just picked this up from nordstroms and the cashier gave me 2 samples of it as well so i'm set for a while with this scent...this one has a nice tone and after an hour is still noticeable
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bhergh

bottle looks cool, wats a good summer scent? blue polo? chanel sport allure homme? those two are wat im considering atm
Good summer scents to me are Issey Miyake, Burberry Sport, D&G Light Blue

Originally Posted by Luong1209

If you're referring to mine, the one posted above, they do have it...Which is where I purchased mine...The deoderant, shower gel, after shave and cologne for $60 or $70.
yeah I was. again, I have to get a second test of it. but I do remember trying it once at macys, did not have a negative opinion of it, but I don't remember how it smells.

spicebomb is prob more of a fall winter scent/nighttime scent. not sure how it will work in summer in the heat. but if I like it i'll wear it anytime/anytime of the day. I'm hesistant to wear it at work, not overbearing but not prob light enough to wear at work.

oh and do get samples at nordies if you can(as the poster said above). samples can last you months if you wear it time to time;.

Originally Posted by JoeClear

Stay away from Grey Flannel and Usher

I have the Usher. One of my least favorites. Theres a strange spice note in there that I hate, but the women LOVE that scent for some reason
eek.gif

^lol. I mess with Dolce and Gabbana The One and Gucci Pour Homme 2 as my main scents right now.  Few others I bring out around fall time too

Where do yall cop cologne from? Any discount sites? Macys seems to never be on sale. Also, I agree with Usher, I don't like it but my girl loves it lol.

I am def not doing it. Wasted way too much time/money on body sprays. Axe chocolate will get the young %%@%%+ wet. I like Cool blue tho. the light scent just works for me.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Where do yall cop cologne from? Any discount sites? Macys seems to never be on sale. Also, I agree with Usher, I don't like it but my girl loves it lol.
perfumania. amazon has good prices - make sure it ships from amazon or reputable seller. ebay sometimes - try to find top sellers distinction.

then tjmaxx, ross, marshalls.

also check out youtube reviewers, they are always looking to unload on their collection or you can get in on splits from them.

Angel by Thierry Mugler smells like the back of a garbage truck
sick.gif
Que que ? Are you crazy, one of the best scents ever and it last forever.

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Angel by Thierry Mugler smells like the back of a garbage truck
sick.gif
Que que ? Are you crazy, one of the best scents ever and it last forever.

They must make different kinds of Angel , because the one I had was pretty nasty stuff.

if you're looking for a lighter cologne that gets alot of compliments, I like Banana Republic's Black Walnut.

could be used for both day or night, but i use it more for a day scent as i feel it has a very "casual" aroma to it.

Back
Top Bottom