2012-13 Boston Celtics thread (41-40) PLAYOFFS Round 1 vs. NYK

celticsg.png

Haven't seen many other Boston fans on NT but what the hell :lol:

New acquisitions:
Jordan Crawford (from Wizards for Leandro Barbosa and Jason Collins)
Terrence Williams (free agency)
D.J. White (free agency)
Shavlik Randolph (free agency)

INJURIES
Rajon Rondo - torn ACL (out for season)
Jared Sullinger - back surgery (out for season)

2012-13 Celtics roster

0 - PG - Avery Bradley

34 - SG - Paul Pierce (C)

8 - SF - Jeff Green

30 - PF - Brandon Bass

5 - C - Kevin Garnett

4 - SG - Jason Terry
11 - SG - Courtney Lee
27 - SG - Jordan Crawford
55 - PG/SG - Terrence Williams
44 - PF/C - Chris Wilcox
12 - C - D.J. White
42 - PF - Shavlik Randolph
13 - C - Fab Melo (D-League)
7 - PF - Jared Sullinger (OUT)
9 - PG - Rajon Rondo (OUT)

Last edited:
Im still wondering how they are going to play Rondo, Barbosa, Bradley, Lee and Terry.

Than the Bigs Collins, Darko, KG, Sulli, Bass, Wilcox.

I think everyone here deserves playing time. They'd get roles on other teams.

This team is very deep.

Rondo Sit out end of 1st. In comes barbosa. Bradley out @ 5 min mark and in comes terry.

ughh

idk man.

cant wait to see how Doc is going to do this. Every man deserves playing time. Reason i say that is because they wouldnt be benched on other teams.

I'm usually not a beantown fan but I hope that y'all do good this year, rondo got my respect and I've always been fans of Lee and Terry. The only problem I see with the Barbosa pickup is his bad shot selection, he did some horrible f the team things in the playoffs against the heat that didn't make much sense and the lack of D he actually plays but one things for sure if he doesn't play D in Boston he wont see the court.

Should be an interesting year. As usual with this time I'm most concerned with big man depth over the course of the season.  Should be very interesting to see if Melo can handle any legit amount of minutes and to see how Sullinger holds up.  I watched summer league and he looked pretty solid. But the key to this team is keeping Garnett and Pierce healthy and active for the playoff stretch.  I think you're going to see the time split with a pretty heavy rotation keeping Garnett n Pierce's minutes to a more manageable number so they're fresh for the playoffs.  I'm excited to see what this team can do tho.

Even though this squad was a game away from the Finals, I expect them to be a lot better this season. They couldve done some real damage had it not been for all the injuries. I think Ray leaving makes this team better. He hurt the squad more than he helped them the last couple seasons. Upgraded with Terry, Barbosa, and Lee. Green comin back, much better than Pietrus getting 30+ minutes a night. Love the starting 5, tons of depth this season. If I were Doc, I wouldnt mind being the 4th or 5th seed in the East just to keep KG and Pierce healthy. This squad still matches up real well against Miami and could make a legitimate run at the Ship this year if they can stay healthy :smokin

Going to the Celtics/76ers Preseason game tonight. Anybody else going? Hit me up.

Follow me on twitter or DM if you're on twitter. @kevinrkok

I AM A CELTIC

Team is the deepest it's been since 2008 honestly. We're not going to be thin on the frontline like last year, and we have plenty of backup guards.

Can't wait for the 30th.

Team is the deepest it's been since 2008 honestly. We're not going to be thin on the frontline like last year, and we have plenty of backup guards.
Can't wait for the 30th.
hah but last year they weren't thin before they lost green, wilcox, and o'neal :tongue:

I'm torn about the Ray thing.  I know on the floor they'll be better without him I just really hope his influence on Bradley will continue.  Sounded like Ray helped Avery to really develop his shot and I just am wondering what kind of player he comes back as.  Either way, this is definitely at the top half of the east and if they can avoid injuries easily fighting for the top spot (although i doubt doc will really try for it but I think that's why he tweaks so much in the first 2 months, lets different groups get used to each other, and takes the pressure off of finishing at the top/wearing down their elder stars.

I'm very pensive about this team.  I mean sure they were a game away from the Finals but that was against the Heat sans Bosh & with a bored looking Lebron.  Once they got Bosh back and Lebron woke up those last couple of games showed they had nothing left in the tank.  Im really hoping to see a lot from Jeff Green this season and think that the additions of Lee and Terry have the potential to make this team very good.  Most importantly I love getting to see another headband out there on the Jet. #TeamHeadBand

hah but last year they weren't thin before they lost green, wilcox, and o'neal :tongue:

I'm torn about the Ray thing.  I know on the floor they'll be better without him I just really hope his influence on Bradley will continue.  Sounded like Ray helped Avery to really develop his shot and I just am wondering what kind of player he comes back as.  Either way, this is definitely at the top half of the east and if they can avoid injuries easily fighting for the top spot (although i doubt doc will really try for it but I think that's why he tweaks so much in the first 2 months, lets different groups get used to each other, and takes the pressure off of finishing at the top/wearing down their elder stars.

I'm very pensive about this team.  I mean sure they were a game away from the Finals but that was against the Heat sans Bosh & with a bored looking Lebron.  Once they got Bosh back and Lebron woke up those last couple of games showed they had nothing left in the tank.  Im really hoping to see a lot from Jeff Green this season and think that the additions of Lee and Terry have the potential to make this team very good.  Most importantly I love getting to see another headband out there on the Jet. #TeamHeadBand

I mean, Paul Pierce was playing on one knee for the whole Miami series, and Ray Allen had bum ankles.

I was watching ESPN's The Association Celtics (great series), and it kind of makes me sad that Ray isn't there anymore. Watching videos of him back in 2010 and 2011 he sounded like he wanted to retire in Boston. Basketball-wise though, I love the additions of Terry and Lee. I also think Jeff Green is going to have a breakout year.

Everyone needs to stay healthy though >:

I think u guys r a Samuel Dalembert away from possibly beating us and going to the finals. U guys have a lot of nice guards, but the front court seems young and inexperienced. Anyways, I respect ur team and expect some great matches between us.

I think u guys r a Samuel Dalembert away from possibly beating us and going to the finals. U guys have a lot of nice guards, but the front court seems young and inexperienced. Anyways, I respect ur team and expect some great matches between us.
or a guy like mikki more who will just block and rebound.. embarrassed to say but kinda wish we kept hollins

#green team

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Finals champions or bust this year!!!

Rondo will b MVP of the league. This is his year man i can feel that ****. I expect him to go 30 10 and 10 opening night and drop Ray on his *** if he gets the opportunity.

Let us go !!!!!!!!

Ray Allen weakest link.

He'd always have those cold streaks. Where he goes games and games where he cant make a shot.

he had terrible handles and D#.

When he on though he wasnt missing. But he wasnt a shot creator.

I think the additions of Lee and Terry and Barbosa are way better than having Ray.

I'd take Terry over Ray.

Terry can shoot too and is clutch. Lee gives us defense and can also hit them shots.

Green looks liek he improved last off season. But got injured and than just got better this year than what he wouldve been last season due to the injury.

Rondo gonna have a good game vs. heat i hope.

Ray Allen will prolly be cold as ice.

I'm most interested to see how Terry and Barbosa handle the Boston media.  I swear the ******** that goes down in the media here is the reason half of the teams on any league have difficulty keepin it together here.  Takes a certain kind of player to really excel under the kind of silly scrutiny you get in New England.   I have a feeling Barbosa is gonna not respond well to it at all but we'll see.  Can't wait for this season to start.

Ray Allen weakest link.
He'd always have those cold streaks. Where he goes games and games where he cant make a shot.
he had terrible handles and D#.
When he on though he wasnt missing. But he wasnt a shot creator.
I think the additions of Lee and Terry and Barbosa are way better than having Ray.
I'd take Terry over Ray.
Terry can shoot too and is clutch. Lee gives us defense and can also hit them shots.
Green looks liek he improved last off season. But got injured and than just got better this year than what he wouldve been last season due to the injury.
Rondo gonna have a good game vs. heat i hope.
Ray Allen will prolly be cold as ice.

Didn't happen lol

Defense was bad, but some new parts so I'm not worried at all.

Season should go about as normal. Doc will save the old guys and by playoff time, we will have a chance to beat Miami.

Should be fun.

Defense was bad, but some new parts so I'm not worried at all.

Season should go about as normal. Doc will save the old guys and by playoff time, we will have a chance to beat Miami.

Should be fun.

-Jeff Green looked like 2010-11 tentative and afraid Jeff Green, not the aggressive 2012 preseason version

-KG looked awful. If that's a sign of things to come, ugh, his defense was lax and lethargic

-Doc needs to play Sully more than 8 mins

-Barbosa rocked

-Terry was ghost too

Like I posted in the game thread, they basically worked 5 new guys into the rotation, it will take some time and work to get that flowing

PP's shooting so far :x

Team as a whole has been terrible on offense, and mediocre to poor on defense. Not a good look.

I'm patient though. In other news, C's within 7 :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom